ZBB12 Ti Issue....

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
phoenix_rising

ZBB12 Ti Issue....

Post by phoenix_rising »

i doubt anyones gonna be able to help with this.... but hey....

Ive got ZBB12 Ti Fuseblock (AGU Glass fuse style) And i just fired it up to test it indoors off of a 72 amp PSU that i use to test.. and i connected the negative of the PSU to the seperate ground connector on the fuseblock and fired it all up. After about 2-3 seconds the LED indicator (the one that pokes through the fuseblock and indicates voltage i think) fissled out with a little bit of smoke and now dosnt light... also... The RDDP port on the block dosnt seem to send a signal to the RMD display like all my others do... so im assuming whatever happened has fried the LED and the RDDP port on the block?? The block still functions (obviously) And the LED indicators are still functioning under the fuses... however there dosnt seem to be any noticeable burn damage on the board front or back and nothing looks broken? is it an easy fix? Any ideas guys? I'd like to get it back up and 100% functioning if possible.
lashlee

Post by lashlee »

I don't know for sure but you may have sent too much voltage through the block. Without knowing exactly what the engineers had planned on an acceptable amount of current and amperage, it's hard to say what could've gone wrong.

Or you could've just gotten a unit with a bad capacitor or resistor and it wouldn't matter what you had done!!!
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Is there an easy way of testing it or replacing a few easily accessible parts?
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

If all else fails, try calling PG an see if there is a spare board laying around that they'd cut loose of........it's worth a shot......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers Fuzzy.

Should i simply be able to test the transistors and see if anythings blown with a multimeter and replace it?

On a seperate note does anyone know where i can get the Super-bright LED's for Ti stuff? Or a replacement LED for the fuseblock?
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Does anyone know whether i should be able to troubleshoot this with a multimeter?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

You might want to give rolandk a PM. He was formerly PG's head repair guy.