wiring

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Wink

wiring

Post by Wink »

aigth so if i need to wire components in my 2dr golf front and back, most likley gonna be the RSD 65cs now those have to be powered by an amp right?

and my HU has 3 RCA outputs fron, rear, and Sub, SUB has my current Amp for my sub..

now would i plug the second amp in either front or rear?or how would i do it,

is there a tutorial i can find on how to install Comps ans a second amp?

thanks

-Wink
Boxing Is My Life So Dont Try To Take My Life [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/1Winky/Boxing_match.gif[/img]
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

Hey, i moved your post to the car audio section. the installs section is for pictures of your ride and install (before, during and after if you have em!)

were are gonna be expecting pics soon! :wink:

they don't HAVE to be power by a aftermarket amp, they will make sound even from the headunit, but i recommend an amp.

what amp are you using? if it is a 4 channel, you should use 2 sets of rc'as and just run the front to front rear to rear

if its a 2 channel, you should just power the fronts from it, and run only 1 rca set from the front pre out to the amp. and then power the rear speakers from the head unit
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Wink

Post by Wink »

so do u recommend a 4 channel.?
but on the amp there should be rca input front and rear and etc...right?

cause i have a old well not really old rockford punch 2 channel which i was gonna swap my ZR and rune the comps with the ZR and the subs with my rockford...but..........

i was hoping i could get my hands on the RSD 1200 for my subs and use my ZR 4ch for my comps..
Boxing Is My Life So Dont Try To Take My Life [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/1Winky/Boxing_match.gif[/img]
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

Run the Sub RCA output from the deck to the amp powering your subs.

Run the Front RCA output to the amp that will power the speakers you have installed up front.

This is quite simple....and dont use the rear out puts or rear speakers, as rear speakers will ruin your life.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Post by Capital_M »

Why do people still upgrade rears? sound should all come from the front, thats why you set the freqs on a sub low so you cant tell its coming from the trunk.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

^ya srsly
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Capital_M wrote:Why do people still upgrade rears? sound should all come from the front, thats why you set the freqs on a sub low so you cant tell its coming from the trunk.
I have to challenge.

I run a front stage and a rear stage of identical drivers (6'5" mid bass and tweets) in each corner of the car. Every driver has it's own channel and can be adjusted independantly, including it's "stereo" partner. Subs are wired in parallel and of course have their own mono amp. This setup fills the car completely and provides more discreet stereo separation. I can shut off any of these stages independantly. The best SQ is when all are running. When properly balanced to it's environment, a dual stage design will provide improved SQ across a wider variety of volume levels as compared to a single stage system.

I ask, why do people only upgrade their fronts? Though only a stereo source, sound should come from as many directions as viable.

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Post by Capital_M »

Music is supose to replicate a live peformance, at a live performace all the sound comes from the front.

You dont have singers in front of you and singers behind you.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Capital_M wrote:Music is supose to replicate a live peformance, at a live performace all the sound comes from the front.

What? Is that what they're teaching in school these days?
Using you're analogy, I have one ear in the middle of my forehead.
Nope, just checked.
Your speakers aren't in front of you either. They're beside you.
Creating SQ audio in a car cabin has nothing to do with a "live performance".

Seems like someone told you a rear stage is crap and you decided to believe them. You'll have to provide some more technical substaniation to support your view. Next time you listen to a car with a front stage and a rear stage, have the operator shut the rear stage off. Sound better? I suggest otherwise.
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Post by Capital_M »

HoseHead wrote:
Capital_M wrote:Music is supose to replicate a live peformance, at a live performace all the sound comes from the front.

What? Is that what they're teaching in school these days?
Using you're analogy, I have one ear in the middle of my forehead.
Nope, just checked.
Your speakers aren't in front of you either. They're beside you.
Creating SQ audio in a car cabin has nothing to do with a "live performance".

Seems like someone told you a rear stage is crap and you decided to believe them. You'll have to provide some more technical substaniation to support your view. Next time you listen to a car with a front stage and a rear stage, have the operator shut the rear stage off. Sound better? I suggest otherwise.
That was a pretty stupid comment,

Just becuase Im saying sound is suppose to come from the front, doesnt mean you have to have an ear on your forehead. Although in case you have never seen a human ear before its shape is made to amplify sound coming from in front of you.

And your speakers are not beside you, the are at an angle from your ears. If speakers were directed RIGHT at your ears you would be in pain when your turn up the volume.

And I dont know where you have been, but the whole thing about audio is creating that live performance sound, what the fuck would you be trying to create? being in the center of the band while they play?

Good look at any REAL pure SQ car, no rear sound stage to speak of. Why do you think crossing over your subwoofer below 80 hz is a must? So you cant locate that it is coming from the trunk, so it SEEMS the sound is coming from the windshield. And (get this) the windsheild IS IN FRONT OF YOU
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Having a bad day there, Sunshine?
Are you being challenged?
Can you handle it?

If you want to fly off and act like a sphincter, carry on, you're doing quite well. I'm done with you.

If you want to discuss audio with rational substaniation, then I'm all "ears" - killing myself with that one :D

HH

BTW - I like to feel bass through my sphincter, and it ain't anywhere near the windshield most days.
Capital_M
Baby on Board

Post by Capital_M »

HoseHead wrote:Having a bad day there, Sunshine?
Are you being challenged?
Can you handle it?

If you want to fly off and act like a sphincter, carry on, you're doing quite well. I'm done with you.

If you want to discuss audio with rational substaniation, then I'm all "ears" - killing myself with that one :D

HH

BTW - I like to feel bass through my sphincter, and it ain't anywhere near the windshield most days.
Great post, really, and that bit about the ears? had me rolling. But you didnt counteract anything I said, so you can go on with your front and rear component set up.

As for feeling bass in your ass, I didnt say anything about feeling bass in the front of the car only, I said it is suppose to sound like the bass is coming from the front. And if you can locate where the bass is coming from you have failed in life, so kill yourself :D
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

oh noes, what happened here.

don't make me separate you two!

play nice guys, you have a good debate going on here with some good value, but lets not get personal. (no more telling the other one to commit suicide)

personally i don't like any rear fill either. it might work if i had some kind of time alignment, but as is, it only takes away from my front stage
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

He started it.... :(