How to wire in a OEM interface

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
bruther

How to wire in a OEM interface

Post by bruther »

I'm thinking about not installing an aftermarket radio and just using the factory radio and installing an OEM interface.

2 questions-

1- Does anyone have any experience with adding amps to a factory radio and if so which interface should I purchase and where is the best location to tap into the factory radio? I think my vehicle has a factory amp in the trunk.

2- Is anyone able to get a wiring diagram for my vehicle.
Infinti G35 Sedan 04?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
444 FED

Post by 444 FED »

While I haven't used it yet, since it's still very new to the market only being released a couple weeks ago.

I would look at the Audison Bit One. It's much more than just an OEM interface, in fact that's just a small part of what it's capable of.

1/3 octave EQs

Multiple crossovers and configurations. Can be set up to have multi channle front and rears, also center channels, sub, with band pass on the sub if desired.

Has both high and low level inputs, so it can be used with an after market source as well.

Summing capabilities for both high and low level inputs.

Has 2 auxilary inputs.

It is tuned, by connecting to a laptop or PC, and has a great GUI.

There is also a remote dash mounted display that allows some basic changes, like switching between pre set EQ curves.

It will also directly interface with the Thesis line of amplifiers.

I'll be getting mine after Christmas most likely.

Audison hasn't updated thier site to add it yet.
bruther

Post by bruther »

The next question I have is if I tap into the speaker level inputs right before the amp.......then install a line driver....would that work properly if I have the line driver in the trunk instead of near my head unit?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
diamondstar

Post by diamondstar »

I did it for real cheap by just using an active crossover. I picked up an MX2 on ebay for about 30 dollars. It was a mess and probably sounded like shit because of it, but I like having the stock radio in my cars.
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

http://www.metraonline.com/

Pretty cool site with lots of info.

There are quite a few interfaces available. It depends on whether you want a bunch of processing included or you're just looking for a signal to do with as you please after the conversion.
Greg Kitching