Paintcode of Frank

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Paintcode of Frank

Post by joerg »

For what it looks like now Son of Frank #65 is on it´s way to my home in austria! :D I´m thinking about to frank my TiDD10 an AX406 an EQ230 to make the Son of Frank install a real freakin Frank install!!! Is there any way to get some spraypaint cans with the colour in it?

Greetz

Joerg
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Do a search and you may find more info. But here is what I found at a quick check.

http://phoenixphorum.com/frank-amp-colo ... paint+code
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I used the search function as well but couldn´t find a posting with a source for the paint in it. Is there a chance to take a painted example to a shop and they fill up around 5 cans with the matching paint for me?
marko

Post by marko »

no way!! your not gonna ruin 2 nice mint pieces are you? what about silk screaning etc.. i think you will de-value the 406/230 doing that...

just my thoughts..
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

marko wrote:no way!! your not gonna ruin 2 nice mint pieces are you? what about silk screaning etc.. i think you will de-value the 406/230 doing that...

just my thoughts..
That´s what i´ve got to do! I think nobody in here is selling a franked AX406 to match my Son of Frank #287 or a franked EQ230 i need for my install. I know that i might devalue them but with no other way i´ll do so. I´m not the one who´s stashing away items that want to be used. Nothing is getting better from laying under a bed or somewhere in a box you don´t even know where it is if somebody asks. I´m the kind of collector that is using the things he buy´s. Silk screening is nothing i can do in my garage that´s why im going to sandblast and paint the stuff.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

Now dont quote me on this but i heard tell someone say that where the color was from: http://www.houseofkolor.com/ (musta been another thread for frankin' gear)

AND that a local powder coating shop, Portland Powder, (http://www.portlandpowder.com/home.html) was the spot that the aluminum got coated. I have since called Portland Powder and they said that they can/would do it, BUT Ben, and possibly even others, have tried it (coating at Portland Powder) and the results were like nothing he had anticipated- from what I hear/have read in POM's and other threads.

But this stuff is cool for stripping the sinks, covers, etc... It's called D-Zolve 1012: http://solventkleene.com/pcstrip.htm

I say we all go in on some amount for those of us that need some?? I can look into it.. I havent called yet to get any details, but might just do that today.

All info I know/have
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
marko

Post by marko »

the hardest part will be colour matching, passatbloke from here and talkaudio tried to copy the colour for him m44/m100, might be worth pm-ing him.

you could of found some cosmetically flawed items for much less and used them instead, mint stuff is getting thinner and thinner on the ground these days and now there will be 2 less items.

i totally agree with using items though, that's why i'vbe decided to use my old hifonics stuff and slowly selling a few other bits and pieces too.
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
Octane LE in box.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
ZCS6 component set
Ti12d Elite sub
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I always thought PG did all their own powder coating as they had all the equiptment in-house. Maybe Frank was before all that though.

I'd PM OSF or Roland and ask if they know the code or could find out for us...........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Another thought is to replace the covers...find someone with busted up amps/covers...that may be willing to sell or trade...or...who knows....
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

marko wrote: you could of found some cosmetically flawed items for much less and used them instead, mint stuff is getting thinner and thinner on the ground these days and now there will be 2 less items.
I could have bought other stuff off ebay but i decided to go with your items because i felt comfortable dealing with u and trust in u! Sure u can get everything cheaper but there is a thing my grandfather told me long time ago: "Everything you buy too cheap u have to buy twice!" And the AX406 and the EQ230 were cheap compared to what some guys asking for it in austria! I payed 1600SFR for SOFAS #065 that´s on it´s way to me now! Thats expensive compared to SOFAS #287 i bought from Steve but still cheap compared to the 2850Euros i payed for SOFAS #096 back in 2001! And i wouldn´t mind paying 500GBP for your Cyclone because it´s always worth it as long as it is working but i´m on negotiating for SOFAS Number 4 to make it a once in a lifetime install in my next car! So why not taking mint stuff i just payed 250GBP for and Frank it?
marko

Post by marko »

fair enough comment! at least you will have the dream system you wanted 8)

by the way i met steve jukes once, he came through and bought an ms2125/275 off me! small world :lol: he's got a 1200gti sub i sold him i wouldn't mind buying back off him....
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
Octane LE in box.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
ZCS6 component set
Ti12d Elite sub
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:I always thought PG did all their own powder coating as they had all the equiptment in-house. Maybe Frank was before all that though.

I'd PM OSF or Roland and ask if they know the code or could find out for us...........
i think they did their own silk-screening, but not sure about powder coating, isn't that like a big checmical process, and requires an oven and all that?? I dont know much about it, but i think that was what ben said.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

The reason I say that is because I bought custom MS sinks from the guy that did tons of PC work for PG. He told me that they were doing all of it in-house before getting rid of all the equiptment.

I can't say it's 100% true though.........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
E10

Post by E10 »

I have a eq230 for sale if you wan't one white again! :D

Greets from austria
Last edited by E10 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

E10 wrote:I have a eq230 for sale if wan't one white again! :D

Greets from austria
huh? if the buyer wants one white again, or you would like to get it white again?? what color is it?? is it franked?? i am confused...
Please
PassatBloke

Post by PassatBloke »

Im sure i posted up here the colour for this thing, did mine and looked spot on!!

Lemme see if i can find it, in the meantime heres a pic of the custom M44 i did.

Not 100% but pretty damn good, its hard to get all the flakes and colours of it on camera!

AHA!!!! Ok found the thread, was ages back :D - heres the link it explains what i went through to get a match.

http://phoenixphorum.com/custom-m44-fra ... 55-25.html
Alpine 9887 > Audiocontrol 6xs
PPI PCX-2200 --> Ti9 Elite mids (50-200hz)
PG M44 --> Dynaudio MD100 (4k+)
PG M44 --> CDT HD4 (200-4khz)
Voodoo V1600.1 --> DD9012