zx350 on/even b4 fuse put back in??????

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

vingasoline wrote:
thedeal7235 wrote:ok, well ive emailed with alek from pg(guy that repairs the amps sent back in), he seemed to think somehow the power is touching the remote, so i removed the board, saw nothing burnt, no fray wires etc., put it all back together, thru it back on the power supply, and with no remote jumper wire, amp still turns on, fan, but no output, so i put a jumper wire to the remote terminal , and there was output-this seems very strange?????? :?: :?: :?: :?:
If power is somehow touching the remote, then hook up power and ground and without remote applied see if you get voltage at the remote terminal. If not, then that's not the problem.
im gonna try that now-see if there is voltage @ the remote, well c& illl et u know-0thanks-C
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

ok, no remote jumper wire on ps, ground+power reads14.10, remote reads -0.01?any clues?
vingasoline

Post by vingasoline »

too bad pg doesn't give out schematics.. gotta keep it a secret for some reason.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

my zx350 was sent back in b/c I KNOCKED of the damn 8 26gauge conductor wires connecting the xover board to the main board-and when it came back i threw the amp on my ps and it fired up-but i went to put it back in my car a month ago, and noticed it was powered on after i put the inline fuse back in b4 turning car on-thats when i learned that there was an issue-spoke to alek@pg & he thought for sure that there must be a way the power wire is touching the remote, so i pulled the board myself and none of that,what i did notice was he soldered a jumper wire from 1 of the positive input caps to the motherboard( ive thought about cutting this wire to see what happens, but i havent
neverman

Post by neverman »

Did I miss something? Weren't you led to believe it was Q8 that needed replacing? It didn't sound to me like Jim was quessing what your issue was he was telling you to replace Q8 (meaning he's seen this before and that it is fairly common on this series of amps?).

To check a normal transistor with your DMM you'd look for a front to back resistance ratio. No shorts, no opens, etc.
95' M3
Alpine iDA-X305
iPod Classic (120GB ~10k songs)
PG TBAt2 line Driver
PG ZPX2 Active Crossover (x2 1ea.)
PG ZPA0.5 v2 (x2 Black)
Diamond Hex 6.5 (eton), silk tweeters (rear fill 5.25's @-8db)
Soundstream SS-10's (2) in a sealed box
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

neverman wrote:Did I miss something? Weren't you led to believe it was Q8 that needed replacing? It didn't sound to me like Jim was quessing what your issue was he was telling you to replace Q8 (meaning he's seen this before and that it is fairly common on this series of amps?).

To check a normal transistor with your DMM you'd look for a front to back resistance ratio. No shorts, no opens, etc.
-yeah, jim did mention that, but b/c its on the motherboard, ive never really gotten a response on how to check that component with my dmm, for some sort of a reading, so ive left it alone-or, hey, i could just be ghetto & pull the fuse out whenever i turn the car off-just kidding, after2-3times, im sure id be over it :wink:
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

does anybody know if that ztx749 transistor is a npn, or pnp? ive been reading more on the net about testing these, and im gonna look to see if i can find more or not-any help would be greatly appreciated-
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

ok, on google i plugged that part no. in and it appears to be coming up as a pnp low saturation transistor, cost of .35cents
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

ok, it is not the component, ztx749 transistor Q8, it checks out within range between, bce, ecb, etc. for low resistance, and infinite, if i read the internet correctly-so i still have no CLUE!!!!!!!!!!??????
neverman

Post by neverman »

The emitter to collector wasn't a short either? If those all check out then I'd put Jim back on the clock :lol:

Best of Luck, I don't think pulling the fuse is viable... maybe just pull the remote wire~
95' M3
Alpine iDA-X305
iPod Classic (120GB ~10k songs)
PG TBAt2 line Driver
PG ZPX2 Active Crossover (x2 1ea.)
PG ZPA0.5 v2 (x2 Black)
Diamond Hex 6.5 (eton), silk tweeters (rear fill 5.25's @-8db)
Soundstream SS-10's (2) in a sealed box
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

it powers up without remote in, so i would literally have to pull the inline fuse everytime i turn car off if i want to use it in the car- :(
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

...................ok, im clueless, so im puttin' this to rest for time being-
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

this is the bottomof the board where alek from pg jumped a wire from one of the posi input caps to prong 5 towards the back of the ps board?
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

PG did that ?

I hope they didn't charge you for it

That is Ghetto Fabulous right there
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

and what is that blue wire on the crossover card ?
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

the blue wire is to repair a trace, that came up/off board, i think that was done w/a red jumper wire b/c maybe i pulled the via up/out( that is why after this board, I went ahead and bought an actual desoldering iron, no more issues ever, like butter, meaning solder comes up/off no problems at all- :wink: