Fusion FX - 45

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Fusion FX - 45

Post by ydnap »

I have to pay tribute to this thing.

So, I'll do a review of it now.

Good points -

It looks really cool, kinda like the alienware of car audio. It also looks stunning at night, kinda like you have a staxk system in the dash.
It has everything all in one unit.
It changes color, thankfully to blue because the green is shit.
It has alot of controls.
I got mine cheap.
It's made in New Zealand which is refreshing :)
It really has allowed me to dial my system in because my head unit is barebone, no bass, no treble, no fader and no balance and low pre out all added up to a shit sound. The Fusion does all of this and adds the functionality to the system.
It's in dash so offers alot of immediate functionality at your fingertips. This also helps me because I live in an apartment complex and dont like opening my trunk here.

Bad Points -
It's a fiddly cunt. Having all those functions in one unit make it really hard to get set up. I mean 5 band parametric, line drivers, active XO, input gains, output gains, all kinds of input switches.
The active XO is on the top of the unit which limits the ability to fine tune easily once it is fitted into the dash.
The RCA inputs are on pretty middle of the road quailty cable with plastic plugs.
The green lights look fucking ghastly, look in the pic to the green A/C status light on my dash above it (which is a very 'normal' green that goes with head units and stuff) and youll see g\how the fusion just does not match it and wouldnt match alpine or any other head unit.

Prognosis? - good.
It's a very good unit and does sound fucking great (even to someone like me) I cant tell you how awesome this has made my system sound. The bass is tuned like a fine piano now and takes my breath away when I crank the system to about half volume. I have it tuned up so that the system goes to about 2/3 before getting any audible distortion.

The parametric EQ is awesome, it really does help to shape the sound and get the system to work in synnergy although obviously it is hard to get an 18 to meld perfectly with 6.5" mids. I might add a couple of tens one day to overcome this gap in the audio spectrum.

The line driver has alot of balls and has really allowed me to get the most out of the system without over stretching the HU or cranking any gains. I now know my system is performing to the best of it's capability, even though it took three days to get the tuning right.

the fader is the main let down on the unit. It doesnt fade very well and tends to jump to the sub at about 3/4 toward the rear, it's basically not very accurate but with a steady hand it does do the job which is nice because with the fader I can completely turn the bass off if Im not in the mood for it that day.

So overall then I must say I was pleasantly suprised by the unit, and at the price I paid $49 shipped) I cannot say a bad word about it, even though there are niggles.. I would have felt more strongly at it's reccomended price point of $180 because it would be overpriced there.

I would say a good pricepoint for this unit would be around the $130 mark simply because it saves using 3 seperate units (line driver EQ and active) but then I do know alot of people are anal about having a horse for every course.
Those limited on space and who dont want to use 300 sets of RCAS in their system though can't go far wrong with this unit :)

Overall -

for $49 10/10
For $180 7/10

Blue -

Dissapointing pukey green -
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
BH
Wretched Simmons

Post by BH »

Interesting piece. Appreciate your views of it and the way you put things. Quite refreshing. :)
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

Actually they are a piece of junk hence why they were dropped. Made in China not New Zealand. The volume knob becomes very scratchy in time and the caps leak destroying the CPB. But you may end up being one of the few who survive!!!

Oh and before you bag my reply. I was service manager for Fusion Australia!!!