RSd300.4

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
RSdCrazy

RSd300.4

Post by RSdCrazy »

I've been in audio since the 80s car and home and I'm a true high end audiophile. mainly Tube/Hybrid home audio.
I just installed my first phoenix gold product, which is the RSd 300.4 amp, which is replacing my zed audio (planet audio), which replaced my diamond audio and so on. I have to say this is truly what an amp should be. Clean, powerful,dynamic,hits hard. It gets out of the way.

Oh and another thing. These amps must truly be underated on the power output. 48watts x 4 into 4ohms. seems more like a 75watt x 4 ohm.
This is the first amp that I've been able to set the frequencies flat from the H/U and the RSd does a great job.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Solid little buggers, aren't they?

CEA-2006 RMS ratings are very restrictive, so yes they are very underrated in practice, when playing music.
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

Solid indeed! Theses should be more popular than they are. Truly a hidden gem..
stipud wrote:Solid little buggers, aren't they?

CEA-2006 RMS ratings are very restrictive, so yes they are very underrated in practice, when playing music.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

RSdCrazy wrote:Solid indeed! Theses should be more popular than they are. Truly a hidden gem..
The bargain basement price (grey market), the looks and the "not made in the USA" turn a lot of people off these amps, it seems.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

Well the retail price on the RSd amps is right were it should be and its great for us that we can get such a fine amp for 50-60% off of retail, but these amps compete with any other amp on the market, with the exception of maybe some hi end DLS, or Helix, Brax amps
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
RSdCrazy wrote:Solid indeed! Theses should be more popular than they are. Truly a hidden gem..
The bargain basement price (grey market), the looks and the "not made in the USA" turn a lot of people off these amps, it seems.
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

I got my RSd 300.4 from AMAZON. I hope they're an authorized online retailer
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

RSdCrazy wrote:I got my RSd 300.4 from AMAZON. I hope they're an authorized online retailer
I don't think Amazon directly sells these amps. I think it's members in their store that do. So that independent retailer that sells through Amazon may or may not be authorized although I would think it unlikely.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

And even if they are authorized brick and mortar retailers they more than likely are not authorized to sell the products on the internet.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

PG doesn't have ANY authorized internet dealers.

its is a shame those amps didnt catch on. i own 6 RSD amps in various flavors and installed dozens more. the ONLY complaint i have with them is the wire terminations. and thats just nit picking. they are great amps
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

My amp was not filled through another store that amazon represents.
My amp was sold and fulfilled through amazon direct.

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
RSdCrazy wrote:I got my RSd 300.4 from AMAZON. I hope they're an authorized online retailer
I don't think Amazon directly sells these amps. I think it's members in their store that do. So that independent retailer that sells through Amazon may or may not be authorized although I would think it unlikely.
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

According to PG website they do have dealers and authorized internet dealers. Thats why I was comfortable buying from amazon direct as they themselves don't sell stuff they're not allowed to.

Bfowler wrote:PG doesn't have ANY authorized internet dealers.

its is a shame those amps didnt catch on. i own 6 RSD amps in various flavors and installed dozens more. the ONLY complaint i have with them is the wire terminations. and thats just nit picking. they are great amps
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

Take a look

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-RSD300-4- ... 282&sr=8-1
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

You're right, that one is sold directly by Amazon. Now, whether or not PG will uphold the warranty on amps sold by Amazon or not, I don't know.
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

Well like I said. I don't think Amazon itself sells anything their not authorized to do. They're not in the habit of the grey market merchandise also when I looked on PG website for dealer locations they stated they had local and online retailers. (I didn't actually look them up) but I'm sure their authorized. With an amp like this since it worked out of the box I doubt it will need serviced...I really like this amp. It reminds me of the good ole quality amps of the 80s. As long as PG doesn't go out of business and offers a line of this quality I'm sticking with PG.

PaulC
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:You're right, that one is sold directly by Amazon. Now, whether or not PG will uphold the warranty on amps sold by Amazon or not, I don't know.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

RSdCrazy wrote:Well like I said. I don't think Amazon itself sells anything their not authorized to do. They're not in the habit of the grey market merchandise also when I looked on PG website for dealer locations they stated they had local and online retailers. (I didn't actually look them up) but I'm sure their authorized. With an amp like this since it worked out of the box I doubt it will need serviced...I really like this amp. It reminds me of the good ole quality amps of the 80s. As long as PG doesn't go out of business and offers a line of this quality I'm sticking with PG.

PaulC
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:You're right, that one is sold directly by Amazon. Now, whether or not PG will uphold the warranty on amps sold by Amazon or not, I don't know.
with aamp backing them up now....i dont see them going out of business!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have not looked and would almost gurantee that amazon is NOT an authorized dealer. I thought they WERE THE DEFINITION OF GREY MARKET which is what no dealer wants to be part of. I am pretty sure that they will sell anything they get their hands on authorized or not.........
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

Hmm. Well I've never heard that and I guess the only way to find out would be to check with PG. I'm good though.
ttocs wrote:I have not looked and would almost gurantee that amazon is NOT an authorized dealer. I thought they WERE THE DEFINITION OF GREY MARKET which is what no dealer wants to be part of. I am pretty sure that they will sell anything they get their hands on authorized or not.........
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Who cares, hes got his amp with no hitches and he is very satisfied. Isnt that what counts?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

Amen!!
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Who cares, hes got his amp with no hitches and he is very satisfied. Isnt that what counts?
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

Wow, you all were beating the sh*t out of that dead horse!! lol

But anyways, I had the 300.4 and it rocked! It was pushing TWO sets of RSD 6.5 components on the front left and right and THREE RSD 10's on the rear left and right! The ONLY problem I had was when I tried to bump real hard for a long time it would heat up on me. I sold it and upgraded to the 500.4 and haven't looked back since!
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
RED3

Post by RED3 »

I was wondering about the quality of these, have a 300.4 but the footprint is too big for my install, @ least I know its a good amp. :!:
boogiem0nst3r

Post by boogiem0nst3r »

you guys missed the amazing amazon sale on these a while backk

i got the 300.4 for $108 SHIPPED!!!!