Need Advice

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
Chumpy

Need Advice

Post by Chumpy »

Hi guys..
I need some opinion..
I know that PG Octane-R 8.0.4 is a discontinued product, but what is the review?
Is it a bright or warm amp?
This amp is for SPL or SQ setup?
Please advise me..
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i couldn't really describe it as bright or warm...its a normal mosfet amp, that makes 75x4 damn reliably

the only difference you can really hear in sound imo, is how early it seems to "fatigue" ie, an amp like the ti500.4 which is also rated at 75x4 will still sound clean at much higher volumes.

overall, its a rock solid amp, pg designed it to not have to deal with warranties. but there is nothing special about it.

its the honda accord of amps :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Chumpy

Post by Chumpy »

Bfowler wrote:i couldn't really describe it as bright or warm...its a normal mosfet amp, that makes 75x4 damn reliably

the only difference you can really hear in sound imo, is how early it seems to "fatigue" ie, an amp like the ti500.4 which is also rated at 75x4 will still sound clean at much higher volumes.

overall, its a rock solid amp, pg designed it to not have to deal with warranties. but there is nothing special about it.

its the honda accord of amps :)
Thanks for the opinion bro..
I've just starting my journey to ICE world..
Now i'm using Audio System Twister F4-560..
Would it be good if i pair Octane-R with Boston Acoustic SX60 component or should i stick with my Twister?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

they are both fused at 30 x 2, so i would guess they make about the same power. honestly, if there is nothing wrong with the f4-560, you probably wouldn't hear any difference.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Chumpy

Post by Chumpy »

Bfowler wrote:they are both fused at 30 x 2, so i would guess they make about the same power. honestly, if there is nothing wrong with the f4-560, you probably wouldn't hear any difference.
I guess there is nothing wrong with the F4-560 if i don't max out my gain..

When i check my F4-560 with the oscilloscope with maximum gain, the right channel distorted..But not the left channel with maximum gain..

Been trying to locate the problem, can't find the problem..

That's why i kinda looking for Octane-R review..
Bassinjason

Post by Bassinjason »

I would also like to see a review on an Octane.

I have a chance to pick this up for 50$...is it worth it? Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.0:4

(sorry if I threadjacked, but I'm interested in the Octanes also)