SEAS

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

SEAS

Post by bdubs767 »

The Tweet
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index. ... 0&pid=2137

The Mid
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index. ... 0&pid=1940

I decided on @ 2.5k cross w/ a 18db slope, I tried 12db but just didn't cut IMO.

Then I added a 3.5 db boast @ 20khz and a 2.5 db boast @ 16khz both w/ a Q of .5 to both sides. Then a .5 db boast @ 2.5khz w/ a Q of 1.0 to both sides.

This was really a guess as I dont have an eq but I could tell w/ how far off axis the drivers are mounted it was needed to help.

Now onto the drivers...
The Tweet is hands down the best compact tweeter I have ever used. Plain and Simple. It is nothing like any other metal dome I've used before, there is nothing bright or harsh about this tweeter. I would describe it as a more detailed/crisp tweeter then other soft domes I've liked and the seas adds a top end sparkle to it.
Just to give a point of reference of some other compact tweeters I HAVE USED...
Scan 6000
Dyn MD100
PG TI elite
PG Xenon
PG RSd
Infinity Reference
PHave heard countless other briefly such as boston Z tweet, polk srs, focals second highest line, tons MB quart, ect..

The Mid is just silly amazing. At first I was upset w/ them until I played some pink noise all of yesterday to break them in and they came to life. I have never heard a more realistic and transparent driver in my entire life. Seas > the all other drives I've played w/ those far. The midrange is dead on and the midbass from these driver are quite impressive yet transparent so you dont "feel" it. Off-axis performance to my ears is quite impressive too for a hoem based driver. Overall this is by far the best midbass/midrange I have ever used, and over all this front stage IMO is better then any one I've ever had before.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Where are the pictures?

So you prefer this setup to the Revs?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

Ill snap pics in a minute... it's ugly now as I have to make a grill ofr it but good enough to listen to right now.

I do prefer the seas once broken in compared to scan revs I had. Both have their own place IMO, The scan has more of a warm sound then the seas does. The seas excel is just so natural though, it doesn't add anything to the music recording, it's quite impressive. The mid range is perfect and the mid bass is very impressive; it's there but you dont feel it like all other drivers I've used. It's great, I just need to get my RTA up and running so tune it better, and decide on wtf sub I want to use in the car.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

did some more listenign still very impressed, but lets say that these are not forgiving drivers like scan. If the recording is bad it will sound bad.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

they have started to break in more and they are def. getting sweeter. Played with some more tunning too and sounds increadible. I cant get over the clarity out of the mid-range and how snappy the midbass is. The tweet is also extremely impressive and is just starting to open up more having a little more air to it.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

update...these tweeters are amazing best compact I have ever used. The mids are the same I can not beilve how crisp the mid bass and the power it has while having a midrange w/ such clarity.