bad ass 5x7s

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
todd217

bad ass 5x7s

Post by todd217 »

well i decided to give some ID xs57 a shot in my stang instead of 6.5s. well they are the best sounding comps i have ever owned. the midrange detail is great the tweeters are just right also. i was using a set of alpine type x ref 6.5 b4 with them processed though alpines imprint. these sound better without any sort of eq than the alpines. my 1 real complaint is the xovers the look cheap and dont allow you to byamp them.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Waiting on Xs8's
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

id speakers have always impressed me. I was lucky enough to work at a shop that sold them and loved working with them. I can't remember EVER having anything from them bad out of the box and very very rarely being brought back, they should last you a long time.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I loved the CXS62s I had....I had a set of XS65s but I sold them before I used them. I will admit that although the CXS62 impressed me a lot, when I switched to the Exile XT65, I was even more impressed.

The CXS V.2 are supposed to be better and not have the issue that caused me to sell mine: dirt and stuff getting in the VC gap and making noises. PITA to try and keep them clean.

If I ever own a car which takes a 5x7 or 6x9 size, I will probably use the xs stuff. Makes sense. You could almost run fine with no sub with those 6x9s if you built the doors right and depending on your listening habits. :)