peerless XLS 12" w/ PR 12"

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

peerless XLS 12" w/ PR 12"

Post by bdubs767 »

XLS
powered it w/ rears or x200.4
Overall I am very impressed with this set up. The low end is silly and by far blows away anything I've used before even with only about 300-350 watts on it. I was also quite impressed w/ how well it did with blending w/ the front stage, not quite as good as other subs like RSd or Alumapro , but it really wasn't bad at all. My one grudge with this setup is it was peaky around 35 hz and could sound almost phony w/ more modern songs that have a strong 45hz bass line. I think this has more to do w/ cabin gain then the sub woofer system and it could be fixed via an EQ.

Overall 1-10 rating

50hz-80z = 7
20hz-50hz= 8 (would be a 10 if the peakyness around 35hz is EQed, as low end extension was amazing)
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

forgot to mention listened to this in the dorm off the amp seven T quite a bit more....a lot better in the home, lost the peakness and was a lot smoother. Also zero mechanical noise too, low end was still very deep and impressive w/o cabin gain.

Inside this is prob my favorite sub setup I've heard, and w/ little eqing and tunning of the PR I think I could get it to sound better then any set up I've had before w/o a problem.

VERY VERY VERY impressed by them.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?