Dynaudio update

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
smgreen20

Dynaudio update

Post by smgreen20 »

After further playing w/the System 240 MKII set this weekend I am still blown away by these things. At full pass, Xover off, these played everything I threw at them.

Korn is where they impressed me along w/Chimaira. In Korns "Blind", the lowend notes around the 45 Hz area wernt real strong, but you knew they where there. I played them at full volume w/o any distortion.

Chimaira on the other hand was brutal in a good way. After a 2 dB increase in the 50 Hz range these thing pounded. I could actually feel the air from the mids as the double bass kicked in.

As usual the tweets where smooth and pleasing to the ears even w/heavy metal.

For the price point at which I got them at, I'd do it again a 100 times over. And yes, they're the real ones, not fakes. In fact, I'm thinkng about another set to put both up front in the door. :roll:
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
raffex

Post by raffex »

you've now heard a 240mkII, PG RSD and Elites, how about a comparison !!! :)
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Let me re-elaborlate. The tweets and the xovers were the real thing on the Dyns, it's the mids that was throwing a wrench into things. It was a 50/50 mix of what was posted as real and fake. The dealer that was helping me desipher believes that they were in fact the real ones, just that they were one of the first year/s production. He knows they changed a few things as years went by, but isn' quite sure as to what it all was.

Yea, after I get the Elites in, I'll post a comparison of all three.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
raffex

Post by raffex »

dying for a comparison !! i just bought RSDs and love them :)
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

raffex wrote:dying for a comparison !! i just bought RSDs and love them :)
Ive owned all three so heres my thoughts..

Highs
1.) Dyns
2.) Ti Elite
3.) Rsd

Midrange
1.) Dyns
2.) Ti elite
3.) RSd
*Even tho I dont find any of their midrange realistic now compared to the likes of Seas and Scan Speak.

Midbass
1.) Dyn most realistic
2.)RSd best overall output
3.) TI elite

Xover
1.) TI elite
2.) Dyn
3.) Rsd

Easiest to work with
1.) RSd
2.) Dyn
3.)Ti elite
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Sorry guys. I was PM'ed about this and I said I would do it this weekend. Family wise, it's not a good time.

Install: