KDC-BT948HD

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
qikgts

KDC-BT948HD

Post by qikgts »

Figured I'd make my first post and give back to the community. lol

Just bought this deck after looking around for a while. Right now I'm not using it to it's full potential and it seems to have plenty of it.

It's just running radio power on some bs 6x9's and 3.5's in the front and rear of an old '85 Mustang. The built in x-overs for both the front and rear channels were real handy allowing for different settings front and rear and the parametic eq (with a few different choices for each of the 3 bands and also allowed for individual q settings) helped to get rid of some of overbearing hollowness I knew I would have.

What drew me to this deck was the ipod/iphone control and the bluetooth ability. The bluetooth sounds good according to everyone who I've spoken with on it and the ability to use the controls on the iphone for music navigation is really nice. Navigating the music functions of the phone through the deck didn't seem like much fun so just using the phone is really easy and quick.

I found with my 3Gs I was even able to use the free (I think it was free) Mapquest app for turn by turn navi and it played right through the deck while muting the tunes when the next spoken message came up. I thought that was really slick.

It has 3 sets of pre-outs which IIRC are 4v. Has a remote. The display colors can be changed and there is even a positive and negative setting to help visibility in direct sunlight.

All in all I'm pretty happy. I'm sure I'll be even happier when I upgrade the alt and add a few Phoenix goodies. I have an eq230 and an M25 that I'll likley use with an XVR (haven't bought a sub yet so I don't know which I'll use) passive xover and some old ass cliff designs components in the front kicks.

Great phorum. Been lurking for a while and happy to be here...

-Steve