Head-to-Head: M vs. Ti

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: Head-to-Head: M vs. Ti

Post by stipud »

ludeboost98 wrote:Sorry I know this is super old and excuse my ignorance but i was reading this and was confused about the difference in the zx line and ti . Was the there a straight up titanium line aside from the zxti line or is that the same ? I have a few of the zx amps and zxti (like zx600ti)and thought they are the pretty much the same line just more power between the chasis, white verses titanium. Are the white ones better than the ones with a titanium schroud ? Im just confused :?
The ZXti and Ti are the same amps. It was just a labeling change. The ZX amps are different... gold plated boards, more through-hole parts rather than surface mount (Titanium). The Ti's are more reliable, but the ZX have a bit more headroom. I'd be happy with either. Keep in mind the ZX are getting to the age where they might need their input capacitors replaced, while capacitor failures on Ti amps are very rare.
marko

Post by marko »

..and changing the caps on the ZX amps is real easy, a lot easier than MS amps!
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

the boards and design are different but the sound out of them from one year to the next would close.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.