Ti21600.5

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
Drock

Ti21600.5

Post by Drock »

Hey guys, just thought I'd put up a little review of my new addition to the stash.
Jwright, an awesome member here made me a great deal on a new ti21600.5
I have to say when I opened the box I was amazed. This amp is very classy looking, and very compact. You literally could mount this amp almost anywhere.
For the size it is, I feel the specs are pretty impressive.
Also the new lpl that comes with the amp is very nice as well. (Sorry forgot to take a pic of it.)
Anyway, here's what I have tested it with.
Sub section pushing two ti10d4 at 4 ohm load.
Rear section a set of ti5 comps with passive crossovers,
Front section set of ti6 and ti9m run off a pair of mb quart 3way passive crossovers.
Well I love this little amp. It sounded great.
My source is my iPhone so I think that the input signal was a bit low. The front and rear was superb, the sub I felt sounded excellent, but had to put the gain up almost full.
I'm thinking of trying a line driver tonight and see if it makes much difference.
Over all this is a great amp I would use as an everyday driver system amp.
Last edited by Drock on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirghiz

Re: Ti21600.5

Post by Kirghiz »

If one had a 3 way set up like you do, one could run two of them and power the whole system with up to 1600 watts on the subs. That's pretty damned impressive for their size. I for one understood how big they were, read the dimensions of it, and sort of grasped the numbers, but I didn't really appreciate it until I actually saw one of the Ti2 amps mounted on a soundboard. You should lay a CD on top of it and take a picture so people can really understand the scale.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Good idea. When I looked at the pics before I bought it, it looked normal size. Lol but next to an elite.4 it's about 20% the size.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Can you post some photos of the guts of this amp? I really want to get one of these for my daily driver, and I need to learn more about it.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Drock

Post by Drock »

Eric D wrote:Can you post some photos of the guts of this amp? I really want to get one of these for my daily driver, and I need to learn more about it.
Sure. It will be tomorrow though. But I'll get them up as soon as I can.
Drock

Post by Drock »

I'm going to play with this amp more tomorrow.
I'll post more pics and thoughts on it.
I was actually thinking of maybe getting another one. I could easily put two of these amp in less space than the .4 takes up. But with enough channels to run a sweet active setup and a pair of nice 12" subs.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Drock wrote:I'm going to play with this amp more tomorrow.
I'll post more pics and thoughts on it.
I was actually thinking of maybe getting another one. I could easily put two of these amp in less space than the .4 takes up. But with enough channels to run a sweet active setup and a pair of nice 12" subs.
On the outside it is basically a mini-Elite.5 with just as much output as it's big brother. Really the install possibilities are endless with a pair of them, and you could install a pair of them in a lot of center consoles. If I were doing an install in a Miata or similar tiny car like that, I would totally look at one or two of these amps.

But yeah, 800 watts at 2 ohms is enough to drive all but the most SPL oriented subs out there, and if you're looking at those subs, you aren't looking at 5 channel amps in the first place.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

Guys, these are truly impressive....

Glad your enjoying the Ti2 !!!
System in progress...
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

nice work! i would love to get my hands on one! i am going to move this over to reviews though!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Drock

Post by Drock »

Bfowler wrote:nice work! i would love to get my hands on one! i am going to move this over to reviews though!
Cool. Sorry, i did not realize there was even a review section. Doh:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

its all good! easy change
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

gosh now after moving my amps up to the elite and getting use to their size, that thing is itty bitty and still sexy as hell. I still wish they had thrown some lights under the plexi that are not too bright but just enough to make the componants pop out of the darkness ya know?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Actually Scott I had the same thought.
I'll be opening it up today to take pics for Eric. I might rig up some lights at the same time..
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I have been considering doing it to my elites. Too busy with the rebuild now, hopefully someone else will figure it out and post the pics to show me how ;)
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Well, if it makes you feel better, I think I figured out how to get the plexi off the Elite amps LOL. My amp was rattling when the bass hit, and it was the little half inch piece of metal that holds the glass down that was doing it. A quarter turn on each bolt with one of the wrenches that comes with the amp solved the rattle. I figure removing those bolts will let you take the trim pieces off, and the glass will lift out.

From there I would imagine it would be just a matter of putting a different light system on the existing circuit.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Eric D wrote:Can you post some photos of the guts of this amp? I really want to get one of these for my daily driver, and I need to learn more about it.
Here you go.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Derek ...is there an "Easter Egg" on the board like the Elite amps???? 8) Sweet little amp, may need to swap out my Elite.5 for this little guy :clap: ...is the sound quality on par with the Elite series???? :pray:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Drock

Post by Drock »

I'll have a look when I get home. I'm just out looking for an led to light the inside while I have it opened up
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I was going to ask the same thing.

See now I think it would look killer first if you put a 1/4"-1/2" strip of black vinyl down both long sides of the amp and then hide the lights under the strips. Then if you were to take an frosted decal and put it on the inside of the plexi maybe saying ELITE(in my case) or PG or what ever I think it would not only do a nice job lighting the componants but then that frosted decal I bet would really pop, just floating in the glass with what ever color leds you used. I see no reason not too do a RGB strip so you can do what ever color ya want.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Well I did not have time to finish up today. I put the LEDs in and powered them up. I managed to find some led strips that fit perfect into a groove in the heat sink, so they do not show at all.
But now I need to figure out a permanent way to power the LEDs. Any ideas what would be best?
I did not test the amp with a better signal today, maybe I'll get to it if I can get it all back together tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

fuck yea that is what I am talkin bout. now like I said imagine a big blue PHOENIX GOLD logo or something lit up in the middle bright blue!

I would probably just use a couple small dabs of silicon on the ends/middle of the strips. will hold it steady, fine with heat and if you really needed too later you can pull it off.

PG needs to bring back the neon or led kits for these looks makes a bad ass amp look really cool.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

is it possible to mount strips so that they shine directly into the plexi to edge light it? If so then it would be really cool as any frosted decal on the plexi would light up with what ever color the leds are. Throw a RGB strip in there with a white as well for a strobe and it would really look cool with the blue in the back and then that logo in different colors.
Drock

Post by Drock »

I tried a couple colors. I ended up going with just white LEDs. It is the only light that showed the details and reflection off the board and coils look sharp. All the other colors looked cool but there was to much shadowing and there was not enough detail.
Unfortunately the plexi is set into the extruded sink. So there is no way to edge light it.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Thanks for the photos of the guts. I am pretty impressed with the density of the parts in the amp. If the amp can deliver the power it is rated to do, it would be a great product. I am pretty confident it would be able to produce the power, as these full range Class D amps tend to have a lot easier job with power than Class A/B amps do. Now I have to break down and get one to find out.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Now I want LED's in my Elite amps. :doh: