The REAL REVIEW of MS1000 & MS275

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
FG

The REAL REVIEW of MS1000 & MS275

Post by FG »

I've had these badboys for a few months now.....and it's now REALLY dialed in thanks to my boy Vu who is a home audio guru and knows how to tune.

So anyways, to people who want to have an amazing amp and are willing to spend several hundred or over $1k for an amp, just look for an MS1000 and buy it. You will not regret it.

The two things you notice right away is an improvement in midbass (fuller, snappier, deeper), and the sound floats in the car better....as my friend likes to say "it pushes the sound out of the speaker". The imaging for a door mounted install was pretty decent for poor locations, before I got my center channel knocked out. Even without the gains cranked, you just have music floating on your windshield in a way it never did before.

I have the MS275 driving the rear stage, and I gotta tell ya...that rear fill was almost OVERPOWERING the front until I dialed it down. It's like the power of the amp combined with the reflection of the glass caused it to drag the stage backwards a bit before it was all dialed in. MS275 is business, guys.

Another great thing is that thing called distortion with your woofers and subwoofers......pretty much a non issue. I cross my 6.5" Morel Elates at 50 hz at 18db/octave and never, ever get them to overexcurt. Same with my JL 10W6v2s....the MS1000 drives a full 3 way front stage and a substage, and does it in a way that embarasses a JL 1000/1 for subs and many other amp combos for front. I really can't overdrive my subs.....I find I turn it down because the subs themselves have limitations in transient response and what like......but as far as an amp that can control them, the 1000 just does it.

These amps do get hot though, and excessive continued SPL playing will result in a momentary shutdown. However, for everything else, if you can get past the current draw (need a nice alternator!), and brute size, these are TOUGH TO BEAT. My guess is that it's #1 in the solid state world, and only a tube amp would take it.

Anyone in the metro NY/NJ/CT area that wants to hear what I'm talking about is welcome to PM me and setup a listen. You want powerful midbass? Get this amp and you're in. You won't need a 10" midbass like everone is so obsessed about these days....

I'll gladly show the way to greater sound, and amps are key. As much as I like my Morel Elates, I feel the PG amps are MVP.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

well written review.

and it confirms everything we already all thought!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I appreciate this thread, but one thing is for sure, FG: With this thread you are only tempting us others in here!!! :D :D

I really want the MS1000, but they are not exactly growing on threes..

But thank you for sharing this info, it makes me even more sure of wanting the MS1000.
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Pedi wrote:I appreciate this thread, but one thing is for sure, FG: With this thread you are only tempting us others in here!!! :D :D

I really want the MS1000, but they are not exactly growing on threes..

But thank you for sharing this info, it makes me even more sure of wanting the MS1000.
Ya, and they dont grow on trees too!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

those pesky "three" bushes....impossible to get out of your yard
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...