Internal of Octane R 5.1

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
joyride

Internal of Octane R 5.1

Post by joyride »

I just recieved an octane R 5.1 amp. Figured this is one we didnt have archived here, so i might as well open it up. The girlfriend needs something more in her car, but has no where to put it. The small size, and all in one makes it a great amp for this application. However, she may end up selling her car, so who knows what will happen to this amp.

The size of the amp really suprised me. I knew it was small, but I didnt think this small! (11 X 6.25 X 2")

I dont know when I will be able to get around to testing it. Dont have much time with school coming to a close. Eric, if you want, I can send it up to you and you can have a go at it.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i have always wanted to play with one of those. if you end up getting rid of it, i might be able to help you out.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Whadda cute little chip amp :lol:
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

FYI, a lot of the setup and control is done through On-screen Display for that bad boy as it was designed primarily for 5.1 surround. So, I would recommend that you use it with a monitor!
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

I always had noise issues with those amps. Didn't do alot of them but one in particular I'll never forget. After installing a 'system' with one of these we had a ton of engine whine. Couldn't figure out why. PG suggested pulling the amp out of the car (still connected) and suddenly the noise went away. Get close to the car and it would come back. Just moving the amp in and out of the car made the noise come and go. :roll: Crazy.
Greg Kitching
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

I had the same issues on the one that I dealt with too Greg. Well, I suppose I dealt with two of them, but in my defense the second was a replacement for the first and they both were for the same job!
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

gkitching wrote:I always had noise issues with those amps. Didn't do alot of them but one in particular I'll never forget. After installing a 'system' with one of these we had a ton of engine whine. Couldn't figure out why. PG suggested pulling the amp out of the car (still connected) and suddenly the noise went away. Get close to the car and it would come back. Just moving the amp in and out of the car made the noise come and go. :roll: Crazy.
Pickin' up some RFI in there I reckon....mmm? :lol:
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

I remember beta testing that amp before it ever hit production. wasn't bad, but i didn't like the OSD it needed to adjust. definitely a chip amp and SQ was bad. Size was awesome though... I beta'd it, told em it was ok, but never done one because it was shitty quality sound. I know they went about it the right way with paying the Dolby royalties and was a great attempt... but you all know how i feel about PG selling out... i didn't want no part of it ...

:roll: :wink:
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]