Review- DLS MS6A

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
bruther

Review- DLS MS6A

Post by bruther »

Hello All,
I recently purchased a set of DLS MS6A 6.5 componeents. After hooking them up nd listening to them- Wow. For the price, the sound you get out of these is great.

Set up as follows-
Free air in factory door location Ford Ranger.
Running them with a Phoenix Gold RSD300.4
Using the passive crossovers with Tweeter levels set at hi.

Now I had many different sets of speakers- Infinity Kappa Perfect, Clif Design(Old School), MB Quart, Boston and Focal. Of those my favorite has to be the set of Focal Poly Kevlars.
But I paid double what I paid for the DLS.

The DLS have superb mid bass. The mids are very clean with a great overall tone. My only issue is the Tweets which do sound very smooth but I normally like the sound of a Metal Tweeter instead of a silk. Silk tweeters give out a very soft set of highs. Since I listen to Rock I like the hashness of metal Tweets. Besides the Tweeter issue these sound great for the money. I paid 180 for the set.

I highly recommend a set for the price.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

DLS have been doing some really cool things lately. It's good to hear they've got the bang for the buck thing down as well! You will really start to enjoy those soft highs when you've been listening for music for hours through a road trip. Soft dome tweets were a hard sell on me in the first place as well, but now I can't stand them anymore :lol:

I would be curious what you would think of the PG RSD components, as they have very similar sound qualities to what you just described from your DLS set. At half the price, I would love to see how they would compare.