RSDC102 vs Memphis Reference

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
buckster

RSDC102 vs Memphis Reference

Post by buckster »

I just installed the RSDC102 in my Ext Cab Ranger in a .48 sealed box , replacing the Memphis Reference that I had in a slot ported box.

For a sub in a ported box I thought the Memphis sound great, it blended well with my Morel Tempos up front fairly smooth for a ported box not boomy at all. It replaced a Diamond Audio D3 10 that although sounded good, just seemed sloppy and out of time, it really started to have that annoying thump that I hate at louder volumes. The memphis R cleaned everything up for me nicely for less money too!

So, I been playing with the RSDC10 for a while on Sunday and today. It's frickin amazing I can't believe how low it plays. I am hearing new things on almost every song. It plays way lower than the Memphis did and it sounds way better too, the base is smooth and clean. I am pushing it with the RF500s bridged, but soon I will be using the Tantrum 500.2. I will need to add the LPL-44 soon though cuz I find myself wanting to turn the gains down a bit on certain songs that sound boomy.

I purchased the sub based solely on sound descriptions from a few of you here. And I couldn't be happier. In fact, I haven't had this much fun with new gear in years...so thanks fellas!

KHPower
Location: In the Phoenix Phorum's boiler room , east of the janitors closet

Post by KHPower »

Nice review 8) Now clean up that mess :lol: :lol:
[color=#8040BF]Kenwood 993
Team Sundown:4500D
(2) Digital Designs 9500's
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
Team Kinetik: HC3800 ,(2),1200s (2) 600's
Factory Authorized Kinetik ,Sundown,MB Quart Dealer[/color]
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

wowowowow this just gets me more excited for my rsdc124!!!!! GO BABY GO!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

What can I say, RSDC's are the shit. If you ask me, they are the best speaker PG has ever made.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

i concur with all- i replaced 3 diamond audio d6s with ONLY 2 rsdc 10s and i luv them!!!
capitolj80

Post by capitolj80 »

stipud wrote:What can I say, RSDC's are the shit. If you ask me, they are the best speaker PG has ever made.
im gettin my RSdC1222's next month n' ya'll r seriously makin me woody about it...my cuz and sister or both runnin the regular rsd's off the 1200.1 and they sound GREAT...i can not wait to hear what these big, sensitive bitches on that amp r gonna do to me! AAHHHHH!!!
what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

hey all...Im now a proud owner of this exact speaker... 2 RSDc 10's with 2 ohm coils. wired in series parallel for a load of 2 ohms bridged on a 600.2 TI... and like the rest of you said...WOW. completely impressed, completely blown way... they have so much pressence, so much punch, they go low, they play LOUD... 100% impressed with these subs...

and small enclosure size makes 'em that much better for me. if you're doubting these subs....you're crazy.
Is this where Im supposed to write something catchy??
phonixx
100th Member

Post by phonixx »

Thanx for sharing your review with us, i`m also waiting for some 10" RSDc`s.
dako

Post by dako »

I'm seriously jonesing to get my set of RSDc 12"s back in action. I'm getting a new enclosure built for them (1.17 cu ft each, sealed) and am using a Fi Audio Q in the meantime in a 1.3 cu ft sealed enclosure. Although the Fi is not a bad sub at all, I feel I've been spoiled by having the RSDc subs in before it. They wallop without getting sloppy, and have some of the tightest, most musical reproduction I've heard. They're like a perfect mix of my prior favorite sub, the Infinity Perfect, with a hefty dose of "may I kick your arse for you?" thrown in for good measure.
2007 Scion Tc
Kenwood DDX9907XR
JL Audio TwK88
JL Audio HD900/5
Morel Virtus 602
IDQ12 V.4 D2 Sealed