Dcon12d4

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I think you were the last guy Paul... unless anyone else wants to try it? (> 1000 posts required)

If not, I will probably be getting another one for myself, so I will offer this one for sale to any of you guys who have tested it so far. If you're interested, PM me.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I know I promised this last week, but my computer at home died and I had to tinker with it so I could get this review back. Enjoy!

First off, let me just say WOW. This speaker is phenomenal. Maybe it's just that I'm used to the way my XMax sounds, but this speaker blew away all my expectations.

Normally when I get a new sub my expectations are usually low as far as hearing a difference, but I could definately tell the difference here. Where my XMax is punchy as hell, the DCon is smooth. Now, that's not to say the the DCon couldn't keep up with the XMax with quick paced music, because it sure handled the double bass kicks on the ...And Justice for All album perfectly. Where the XMax is brash, the DCon is refined. During my listening tests I threw on an old Focal test disc I had and was listening to the track Sitting on the Dock of the Bay and noticed how smoothly the DCon transitioned from one note to the next. My XMax would just simply play the sounds, the DCon did it like it was meant to.

During my testing, I was running the DCon in a 1 cubic foot sealed box being fed 200 watts from my Xenon 100.4. I have the crossover set around 75Hz with a 24dB/oct. rolloff. The one thing that I DID fell was a bit off was I think this speaker could have benefited from a 12dB/oct. rolloff indtead of the 24dB/oct. that the Xenon amps have.

But anyways, I HIGHLY recommend this speaker.
Boomshackalacka
denim

Post by denim »

Wow, great feedback!!! Thank you for taking the time to listen to it. Do you have a ported box to test it in, it will really open up if you do. ;) Also, did you happen to snap a picture or two installed?
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

denim wrote:Wow, great feedback!!! Thank you for taking the time to listen to it. Do you have a ported box to test it in, it will really open up if you do. ;) Also, did you happen to snap a picture or two installed?
Uhh.. no and no. :oops:

I don't own a good camera or ported box, but am in negotiations to purchase this bad boy from Tom so I might just be able to do both of these things in time
Boomshackalacka
denim

Post by denim »

Francious70 wrote:
denim wrote:Wow, great feedback!!! Thank you for taking the time to listen to it. Do you have a ported box to test it in, it will really open up if you do. ;) Also, did you happen to snap a picture or two installed?

I don't own a good camera or ported box, but am in negotiations to purchase this bad boy from Tom so I might just be able to do both of these things in time
No worries, but the fact that you are working on buying it for yourself says it all. :)
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

denim wrote:
Francious70 wrote:

No worries, but the fact that you are working on buying it for yourself says it all. :)
Yea, who could ask for a better review? :lol:

Liked it so much I bought it. lol
Boomshackalacka