Class D Audio Amplifiers: What, Why, and How

All interesting or frequently asked topics will be moved here for reference. If you have a general question, please check here before posting. You may reply to threads here, but not post new ones. Chatter and off-topic remarks will be purged. Please contact a moderator to have a thread copied here.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Class D Audio Amplifiers: What, Why, and How

Post by 1moreamp »

I found this link to a informed source of info about class D amp design. Its a bit tech winded, but maybe it will tickle your bean a bit.
It talks about some designs that are not available currently, but it explains the H bridge thing I tried to explain earlier last year. < it has pics also >

http://audiodesignline.com/howto/196902809

It's 7 parts long so keep clicking the new topic at the bottom of each page. I breezed through it in about 20 minutes.

It explains some things you won't find out from the average sources available to us from our beloved industry.

I have decided to post info from other sources now as I have decided that it may cause less disturbance from now on. To all my friend's I am sure you understand.....as always I make myself available to explain anything you might not fully understand, or just want to learn more about to be a more informed consumer.....C :)
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

thanks my man

you will know that i will ask...
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

This needs to be in the FAQ section.

Oh Brian...
Boomshackalacka
rhillstr

Re: Class D Audio Amplifiers: What, Why, and How

Post by rhillstr »

I would love to find a primer on amplifier design/topology that explains things so I can better understand stuff like this. I understand basic electronics and physics understanding so it need not be too Mickey Mouse. Any suggestions?