raTtlZ

If you have purchased an item through a forum member, please leave them a positive or negative review.
dvnt88

raTtlZ

Post by dvnt88 »

Just got my TI12DElite in the mail today :shock: and I have to be to be alone for 5 minutes or so :drool: , sub showed up in perfect BNIB condition :mrgreen: . Ryan's a cool dude to deal with and couldn't have been a better transaction :thumbs: . If ya don't get any other bites on the other Elite :hmm: , hit me up as I just may have to take it also. :whistle: :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
lukeman269

Re: raTtlZ

Post by lukeman269 »

Just got Ryan's other Ti Elite today. It looks perfect other than the scratch on the cone that he fully explained in the post. That small scratch didn't stop me from buying it at all. It was a very smooth transaction and the communication was great. Gave me a great deal on the subwoofer too and I can't wait to hear how it sounds. Thanks Ryan!
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

dvnt88 wrote:Just got my TI12DElite in the mail today :shock: and I have to be to be alone for 5 minutes or so :drool: , sub showed up in perfect BNIB condition :mrgreen: . Ryan's a cool dude to deal with and couldn't have been a better transaction :thumbs: . If ya don't get any other bites on the other Elite :hmm: , hit me up as I just may have to take it also. :whistle: :twisted:
Gonna have to retract this seller review as the sub is shot :shock: . Took 2 weeks to get my box built, installed it yesterday and the sub doesn't move at all, makes a grinding static noise :shock: . T/S it down to the sub and had a local member with 20+ years experieince installing look at it and it looks like the motor structure by the magnet it burnt preventing the sub from moving freely :evil: . I don't know what to say, but this will be the VERY last time I buy anything from anyone without having it fully tested first or unless it's someone I have done business with before. :naughty:
Ryan ...ya fucked :liar: me and what goes around comes around :evil: :whistle: , even talked to the other buyer of your 2nd TIElite and at least his works, stand by buddy,...you got 1 comin' your direction soon enough.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

dvnt88 wrote:Gonna have to retract this seller review as the sub is shot :shock: . Took 2 weeks to get my box built, installed it yesterday and the sub doesn't move at all, makes a grinding static noise :shock: . T/S it down to the sub and had a local member with 20+ years experieince installing look at it and it looks like the motor structure by the magnet it burnt preventing the sub from moving freely :evil: . I don't know what to say, but this will be the VERY last time I buy anything from anyone without having it fully tested first or unless it's someone I have done business with before. :naughty:
Ryan ...ya fucked :liar: me and what goes around comes around :evil: :whistle: , even talked to the other buyer of your 2nd TIElite and at least his works, stand by buddy,...you got 1 comin' your direction soon enough.
I've had one of my Elites knocked out of alignment during shipping, due to the removable cone structure. It was scratchy when I pushed the sub face in. Pop the cone out, realign the whole thing, and it might just work! Mine was just fine! Fingers crossed for you...

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... cement.pdf
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

there is knocked out of alignment, and then there is glue melted in the gap, the cone does not return when pushed, there are chunkes of black burnt glue that are coming out of thing, and tried removing the assembly to see if it could be cleaned, and repaired- problem is, it is so burned that it could not be pulled apart- voice coils measure ok- as in not burned open, so there is a very slight chance that it can be serviced/repaired, by local reconer, but conversation with him was not very optimistic- speaker was packed well enough that dropping from the ups guy was not an issue- not sure what was driving this speaker, but something seriously got abused- cosmetically she is a nice piece of modern art, but functionally it might as well be a static display- regardless its pretty lame-I explained to bryan yesterday that I have seen more large sub shipments go bad, than successfull- because of vc issues, and shipping people manhandling these things- I can understand why rat wanted to go 'bigger', since only one of his speakers was working, I would want to go bigger as well-
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

ok here is the story. I was having a problem with my tarantula amp going into protect. It has auto ohm calibration setting to where it reads the incoming ohm load. Since it was going into protect I thought it was the speakers. I did some dmm testing on the coils and got normal numbers. 6ohm series and 3 ohm parallel (or 4 ohms nominal). leading me to believe the amp was at fault since I bought it on ebay, I thought I got screwed. So I then traded my tarantula to Jason (jacamb2) and got his autotek 3000.
Since that amp is 2 ohm mono, I couldn't use both subs because of the ohm load. So I took the scratched speaker out (I wanted the nice one in my install) and hooked the other speaker (the one dvnt88 has) to the autotek in series as I only have stock electrical and I didn't want to run a low 2 ohm load. I used it that way for maybe a week tops when Bryan said he would buy it. I then took it right out of my car and put it in the box to ship it. There are no burnt flakes or anything inside the box.
So as I said in my reply pm, How was I to know it was a faulty speaker? It worked fine for me. I also stated in the pm that it was my duty being a new member on this forum to prove myself worthy of being here. I have been as honest and forthright as I can. What else is there to say?
2006 Chrysler 300C
Pioneer P9 combo
Factory Boston Acoustic 6 speaker system,
Sub: TBD
JL Audio A6450, Autotek MX-3000.1
80A, 300A fuses
6 Ga.,1/0 Ga. wiring
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

RaTtlZ wrote:ok here is the story. I was having a problem with my tarantula amp going into protect. It has auto ohm calibration setting to where it reads the incoming ohm load. Since it was going into protect I thought it was the speakers. I did some dmm testing on the coils and got normal numbers. 6ohm series and 3 ohm parallel (or 4 ohms nominal). leading me to believe the amp was at fault since I bought it on ebay, I thought I got screwed. So I then traded my tarantula to Jason (jacamb2) and got his autotek 3000.
Since that amp is 2 ohm mono, I couldn't use both subs because of the ohm load. So I took the scratched speaker out (I wanted the nice one in my install) and hooked the other speaker (the one dvnt88 has) to the autotek in series as I only have stock electrical and I didn't want to run a low 2 ohm load. I used it that way for maybe a week tops when Bryan said he would buy it. I then took it right out of my car and put it in the box to ship it. There are no burnt flakes or anything inside the box.
So as I said in my reply pm, How was I to know it was a faulty speaker? It worked fine for me. I also stated in the pm that it was my duty being a new member on this forum to prove myself worthy of being here. I have been as honest and forthright as I can. What else is there to say?
PM responded too, but the sub is shot at this point and as Dave pointed out, this isn't normal and I'm not tryin' to be an asshole, but I paid good money for something I have been lookin' for a long time and take everyone's word at face value. As I stated, I know it's not my install as Dave and several other members have seen / heard it and have never had a problem until I hooked up the sub in the new box for less than 30 secs. when I knew something was wrong. I will be taking it too a speaker shop next week, but the guy that owns the shop doesn't sound too warm and fuzzy about bein' able to fix it, so we'll see and go from there.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
RaTtlZ

Post by RaTtlZ »

Ya know, I resent that remark! I am not some kid that goes around "fucking" people. I am honest and professional in all my dealings. Lukes' sub worked just as yours did when I shipped them. The fact that you come on here blow up and spout off your mouth like you did and insinuating I am a liar was uncalled for. I'm sorry that this happened as I was unaware of the internal condition on the sub. Also, just because I don't have several friends with many years of experience backing me on this forum doesn't mean I am lying to you. As far as I am concerned, this matter is over.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

RaTtlZ wrote:

Ya know, I resent that remark! I am not some kid that goes around "fucking" people. I am honest and professional in all my dealings. Lukes' sub worked just as yours did when I shipped them. The fact that you come on here blow up and spout off your mouth like you did and insinuating I am a liar was uncalled for. I'm sorry that this happened as I was unaware of the internal condition on the sub. Also, just because I don't have several friends with many years of experience backing me on this forum doesn't mean I am lying to you. As far as I am concerned, this matter is over.
I have every right to be pissed as anyone else would be :evil: . I don't need anyone to back me up and whether or not you knew the sub had issue's you're still responsible. I'm no kid either and I bet my left nut I've been doing this a lot fuckin' longer than you have and as far as "This matter is over", Think again. I never called you a liar, I said you fucked me and as I said whether or not you knew it and then you say you knew your amp had issues while running these ...really :doh: . It takes alot to BLOW 1 of these subs up and as I said, anyone would be pissed just handing over 2.5 bills for a fuckin' paper weight. Your rep is shot and if I seem like an asshole, so fuckin' be it, I have every right to be and then you cop an attitude like I did something wrong ...Get fucked for all I care. :naughty:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

An update to this fucked up situation, Dave and I took the TI apart yesterday and found out the main problem is the sub has been dropped ...hard. The magnet isn't aligned with the basket as it was dropped to the point of seperating the glue on the magnet to the basket. Coil looks better than I thought and will see if it can be repaired. I'm not pointing fingers, but this had happend before the sub got to me and am still pissed and will never do business again with a certain phorum user.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

dvnt88 wrote:An update to this fucked up situation, Dave and I took the TI apart yesterday and found out the main problem is the sub has been dropped ...hard. The magnet isn't aligned with the basket as it was dropped to the point of seperating the glue on the magnet to the basket. Coil looks better than I thought and will see if it can be repaired. I'm not pointing fingers, but this had happend before the sub got to me and am still pissed and will never do business again with a certain phorum user.
That definitely sounds like shipping damage. Probably fell off a conveyor belt somewhere. Was there shipping insurance? Something like that could be claimed easily I bet.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

stipud wrote:
dvnt88 wrote:An update to this fucked up situation, Dave and I took the TI apart yesterday and found out the main problem is the sub has been dropped ...hard. The magnet isn't aligned with the basket as it was dropped to the point of seperating the glue on the magnet to the basket. Coil looks better than I thought and will see if it can be repaired. I'm not pointing fingers, but this had happend before the sub got to me and am still pissed and will never do business again with a certain phorum user.
That definitely sounds like shipping damage. Probably fell off a conveyor belt somewhere. Was there shipping insurance? Something like that could be claimed easily I bet.
Wasn't UPS :doh: , the box it was shipped in, which I still have, is in perfect condition and any type of drop to do that to the sub would be more than evident. :evil:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

dvnt88 wrote:Wasn't UPS :doh: , the box it was shipped in, which I still have, is in perfect condition and any type of drop to do that to the sub would be more than evident. :evil:
Only if it hit a corner. The box my old one was shipped in looked fine as well but it was also knocked well out of alignment.