Buyer Beware: Audiogood

If you have purchased an item through a forum member, please leave them a positive or negative review.
Wrennagade

Buyer Beware: Audiogood

Post by Wrennagade »

Has anyone delt with Audiogood before & know if he's reliable as far as transactions? I recently sent audiogood $450 for a 1200.1ti & have yet to receive it-it's been 2 weeks. He gave me a tracking # that states shipping info was received but that's it. He told me he sent it the 12th and was communicating with me thru phone/email but now isn't returning any messages. The post office told me there should be more info & that it looks as tho it hasn't even been shipped. I looked on the feedback page but didn't see him listed. I gifted him the money to save him from fees & know feel like I got burned. Any input would be appreciated, sorry if this post is in the wrong place.
Last edited by Wrennagade on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
2xTi X-overs/1x Ti Tweets
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
pimpinest123

Re: Audiogood...

Post by pimpinest123 »

Yes I have noticed his word is shit I had a le octane that he told me was going to buy from me so i held it for him telling the other solid members here that it was pretty much sold to audiogood and then same as u did not here from him so at that point lost all other possible sales. Unfourtunately ther r some scandalous people out there I hope every thing works out. If not I have a ti 1200.1 I will sell
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Thanks man. I sent him an email to see if he'll come thru, and keeping fingers crossed. BTW that elite works great, I was getting the 1200 to really push it. I'll think about your 1200, PM me a price tho.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

darn i feel bad he sent me pics first to trade some gear and i sent you pics
let me know what happens
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Well there may be some light at the end of my tunnel, he emailed me last night & said the package came back to him & that he was shipping it out this wed again. Fingers crossed I just want my amp! :evil:
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

ask him to take a pic of the box with the shipping label on it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

I asked him to send me pics with date/name to verify the story he gave me. He said he will ship tomorrow. I asked him just to fedex it so it just gets on its way. I'm so tired of this situation, I just want what I paid for.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
pimpinest123

Post by pimpinest123 »

If he is playing games have him send ur money back
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

pimpinest123 wrote:If he is playing games have him send ur money back

x2
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

I gave him 1 week to get my amp to me or refund my money before I take legal action. He has not responded yet.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Found the form for mail fraud, filled it out, just hafta wait to see if audiogood comes through before I submit it. There's pretty hefty penalties for this I guess. Just hope I don't have to pursue that route. We'll see tho.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

hefty penalties? not that I had heard of especially since you gave him a gift. Unless you put something in the notes section maybe saying what the payment was actually for but otherwise I don't think he has to send a single thing honestly..... I have seen more then a few people here say they want payment made as a gift to save them the fees but this is a perfect example of what could happen. You can make a personal payment to the person and pay the fees but be sure to put in the notes what it was about and what the deal really was.

If I were you I would contact paypal now to see what they suggest and get your ducks lined up for battle if needed. Strange that after collecting the money that he isn't around much, not even to get onto the post with his name calling him out..............
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Yes we put "please send our purchase ASAP, thank you" in the notes so we can use that along with all of the communication history (PMs, emails) to substantiate my claim.It won't be hard to verify fraud if it occurred here.
Last edited by Wrennagade on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
pimpinest123

Post by pimpinest123 »

ttocs wrote:hefty penalties? not that I had heard of especially since you gave him a gift. Unless you put something in the notes section maybe saying what the payment was actually for but otherwise I don't think he has to send a single thing honestly..... I have seen more then a few people here say they want payment made as a gift to save them the fees but this is a perfect example of what could happen. You can make a personal payment to the person and pay the fees but be sure to put in the notes what it was about and what the deal really was.

If I were you I would contact paypal now to see what they suggest and get your ducks lined up for battle if needed. Strange that after collecting the money that he isn't around much, not even to get onto the post with his name calling him out..............
Ya weird he hasn't said anything here he has been on today and with your name as a title kind of hard to miss
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Yeah I just hope he does the right thing. Hopefully he's been busy at fedex. Only time will tell...
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Well he got ahold of me, sent me some pics of the package and will be shipping it out tomorrow.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

ttocs wrote:hefty penalties? not that I had heard of especially since you gave him a gift. Unless you put something in the notes section maybe saying what the payment was actually for but otherwise I don't think he has to send a single thing honestly..... I have seen more then a few people here say they want payment made as a gift to save them the fees but this is a perfect example of what could happen. You can make a personal payment to the person and pay the fees but be sure to put in the notes what it was about and what the deal really was.

Send as gift or just add 4% onto the total you send to cover the fees, cheap insurance in my opinion but I totally agree that it sucks to sell something then have to let paypal take a cut.

Sent as a gift makes refunds very difficult (if impossible), however all of the emails & PMs regarding the deal are more than enough fuel to support a mail fraud claim, means of payment is arbitrary as long as proof of payment is sound.

Best of luck with the rest of the deal, nobody likes to get screwed.
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

audiophyle_247 wrote:

Send as gift or just add 4% onto the total you send to cover the fees, cheap insurance in my opinion but I totally agree that it sucks to sell something then have to let paypal take a cut.

Sent as a gift makes refunds very difficult (if impossible), however all of the emails & PMs regarding the deal are more than enough fuel to support a mail fraud claim, means of payment is arbitrary as long as proof of payment is sound.

yeah. its kind of hard to prove you've been defrauded without proving you've defrauded PayPal....
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

Well he said he'd ship today, hasn't given me tracking # but hopefully he will or the amp will arrive soon...
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

nutxo wrote:
audiophyle_247 wrote:

yeah. its kind of hard to prove you've been defrauded without proving you've defrauded PayPal....
yea that was my thought but beside that no matter what the emails/texts say you know paypal is going to stick to their guns and read you all the rules they took the time to write up.

It concerns me when I see someone list in their add that payment should be made via gift on paypal. We know that the % paid sucks but it is no different then the % that anyplace you swiped your card at today paid to the CC company for the convinience of being able to use it. If you can't set your price to allow the % you pay to be absorbed for the eas of using their sevice do not ask me to put myself at risk by marking it as a gift. To me it almost seems funny to say that you will accept paypal but do not want to pay for that convinience.
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

While I agree that PayPal fees suck, paying them as either a buyer or seller has never been a deal breaker for me. They still suck, and while it is still a convenience, so is the Internet. Should stipud start collecting percentages on transactions initiated on this phorum?

When you buy something locally, YOU pay the state's sales tax not the merchant, so why can't the PayPal fee also be the burden of the buyer? (I buy more than I sell)

Ultimately it will always boil down to the wants of the seller, and if they have something you want bad enough you have to make the decision yourself. My initial purpose of posting was to say you always have the option of adding 4% and paying as normal when seller requests gift payment. If the seller is not cool with that then take it as a sign they prefer you to have no options for a refund, not saying that is the case here, just saying it.

EDIT: to add quickly, when a shop runs your card as debit there is no fee, & most places greatly prefer to use debit vs credit. Me personally, I list prices + shipping & + PayPal BECAUSE it's a more honest price than not. Would you prefer inflated prices expecting a specific shipping cost & embedded PayPal fee? I'll never include shipping because some places are cheaper to ship to, and I don't mind saving someone money if that is the case vs. a blanket shipping fee. Instead I'll just inflate all my asking prices 4% & say nothing about PayPal fees just for ttocs. Ignorance is bliss right?
zreon

Post by zreon »

Removed
Last edited by zreon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

time to see if paypal will help you file a dispute on a gift.
zreon

Post by zreon »

Removed
Last edited by zreon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrennagade

Post by Wrennagade »

I haven't heard anything from him as of yet. He stated he would ship the amp Wednesday which was yesterday. No tracking # has been sent to me yet so I'll just play the waiting game for a week until I take further action.
Ti BASS Cube
Ti Powercore 15
Ti DD10
Ti Fuseblock(Power)
1xTi500.4(Thanks Brian!)
1xTi1200.1
1xReactor
1xTi 12EliteD
MS1000TA(Black)
Alpine 3339 EQ
Pioneer MVH P8300BT