Buyer Beware - az_passat

If you have purchased an item through a forum member, please leave them a positive or negative review.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Buyer Beware - az_passat

Post by HoseHead »

This 6 post asshole took me out for $230.00 CAD.
I send him a cherry mint DD5, I even packed it in a smaller box as he wished to reduce postage from Canada to Britain.
We closed via PayPal.
I shipped it without insurance or priority as he requested to keep costs down.
I even sent him a PayPal refund for the postage difference because my original estimate was higher than actual cost.
Well, he opens a claim in PayPal claiming he didn't receive the item.
PayPal, being the fucking total fucking assholes that they are, refunds this knob fuck the entire amount because I cannot produce a delivery confirmation signature.
I go out of my way to help out a guy and get boned.
My error for not demanding delivery confirmation and he played me well.
My error for being soft hearted and helping out a rookie Phorum poster.
I will visit there one day ... when he least expects it.

Az-Passat ..... keep your fucking head up when coming down the wing. You're in my train tracks and my elbow is at the ready, asshole.

Azhar Mahmood
459 Aspley Lane
Aspley
Nottingham
NG8 5RU

Anyone nearby that can have a look in his "boot" for a DD5?
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
dvnt88

Re: Buyer Beware - az_passat

Post by dvnt88 »

That fuckin' sucks ass :shock: . Sorry too hear that ya got screwed bro :doh: . I learned a hard lesson the same way and will never send a package without insurance and delivery confirmation just because of shit like this :naughty: . If they want it that bad, then they can spend the extra coin to make sure it gets too them in the same condition it left. :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Our member marco isn´t living too far from him i guess as he´s from Leeds. Haven´t seen him online for a while but might be worth a try.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

sorry I had to move or I would help ya out hose head. Now you might be able to hire a member of the Zeta's to pay him a visit.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

Wait a minute? Paypal ruled in his favor because there was no signature by the cosignee (the asshole that you sent to) confirming receipt of the package? I haven't used Paypal apart from a few purchases from small businesses (and always with my primary credit union credit card for added protection) in just shy of 10 years because of fuckery just like this. In the past though, I seem to remember from reading other horror stories that as long as you provide proof that you shipped the item you would be OK because people were sending a box but instead of like the $600 turbo that was supposed to be in it they would put a couple rocks and an old shoe in a box. The buyer would always lose because the seller documented they had sent a package, the contents were irrelevant as far as Paypal was concerned.

Sorry for ranting, but this shit infuriates me. Paypal is a criminal organization. They mislead their customers buy assuring a level of protection that they have absolutely no intention of actually providing. Then, THEY ALWAYS KEEP THEIR FEES, even when they rule in your favor, unless they can recover your money from the guilty party. Part of what you are purchasing with those fees is that protection they claim to provide, and when they do not provide it and do not at least refund part of said fees, that is theft by deception.

I just don't understand how any rational person over there at Paypal can see that this guy asked you NOT to purchase insurance, and to use the lesser documented and slower shipping method and then blame you when the shipping end of the transaction is the issue. Lesson learned I guess, when dude buys a $200 item and then starts nickel and diming over incidental parts of the transaction, stand your ground or find another buyer. What goes around comes around, he will get his, rest assured.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

not sure if I am lucky or what but the only problem I ever had on paypal was on a set of wheels I bought and the d-bag tried to scam me. After I paid he claimed that one of the wheels was curbed while the shop took the tire off the rim, but it isn't a big deal really right? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no... I said I wanted out and asked for my money to be returned. He had a million excuses as to why he could not send it immidiatly and eneded up sending a check to me certified mail. I opened the envelope to see a piece of paper from bobs big boy but nothing else in there. Strangely enough then suddenly his phone was disconnected, didn't respond to emails and was unable to be located. I was off on my long weekend that week so I went out on a mission to locate him while also filing a dispute with paypal and IC3. It was funny that I was able to finally locate him(after 2 days of searching) because he had an aunt that kept a VERY good record of their family tree online. It took me 3 mins on there to figure out his mother had been married now 4 times and had kept her last husbands name. Once I figured that out it was easy to locate her phone number and sure as shit he was right there across from her when I called. I swear I could hear him sigh as she passed his phone and it translated to "oh shit" when I told her to tell him his brother from arizona was looking for him. He said that he wrapped the check with that piece of paper so that no one would know a check was in the fed-ex cardboard envelope that was still sealed when I got it..... Dude was full of shit, paypal ruled in my favor and he wrote me a check for the amount. Because of that paypal had no record that he sent the money and the dispute reamined open. I never closed the dispute and he is still locked out of paypal. Well he isn't locked out but if he starts an account they just send me all his money. So far I am up $50 now after he tried again last year... f'r deserved it but the best part, the absolute best freaking part was that I reported his current address to IC3. 3 days later he called me all worried that his mother just signed for a certified letter from the court system to him. Turns out he had been dodging 5 photoradar tickets as they didn't have a current address.....
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

Did you ship through paypal? Did you get a tracking number for the package?

Ive had something like this happen to me, and all I needed was a tracking number to prove I shipped their package, which happened to show the item had delivered, no delivery signature required.
It has been a while since, but I would assume that as long as you had a tracking number saying something was shipped, and any communication from the seller turning down insurance & signature requirements, you should not be liable for the product not getting to the seller, regardless of his honesty.
Its not your fault if the shipping company lost the package, you did your part and the buyer didnt want to pay the extra for insurance. Should be his lesson learned, not yours.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

didn't know paypal shipped now.... He said up above he didn't insure it or send it priority. By chance do you have the customs form you would have filled out to send it?
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

ttocs wrote:didn't know paypal shipped now.... He said up above he didn't insure it or send it priority. By chance do you have the customs form you would have filled out to send it?
When someone pays for something not as a gift, PayPal gives you the option to ship, which runs you through either USPS or UPS (your choice) and let's you print a prepaid label and you charge the shipping to your PayPal balance. You have all shipping option available, even parcel post (cheapest & slowest) and you can pick and chose what options you want like insurance, signature required, or even adult signature required (must be 18 or older to sign for package).

I believe it's also important to use it for their protection services, in case shit like this happens.
money-b

Post by money-b »

but if he shipped from canada to britan there is a customs form needed no matter what or how you ship,trust me when you ship from usa to canada they say you can't have a tracking number,but when i enter the customs number on the form they give me it also works. just because you didn't get a tracking number (per say) doesn't mean there isn't a record of it. everything nowadays is kept a record of.
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2