Your PERSONAL product review!

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
mistawikid

Your PERSONAL product review!

Post by mistawikid »

Alright, check it out......... Whats your Favorite Phoenix Gold Amp and why?

This is not a pissing contest about who's right or wrong for those who like argueing :wink:

I'll start it off! I'm running all RSD stuff right now and think its pretty bad ass! I have the RSD 500.4 pushing three tens and two 6.5 componets and it purrrrrs like a kitten! ITS RATED 78Wx4! I also like the unique look of the amp! BUT, I have to say that I've always loved the M series amps. I've never owned one but I've put them in for friends and they never fail to rock hard! I've tried to buy an M50 off of a friend for the last 8 years!...... with no success

I like new technology and designs, but I LOVE THE M SERIES AMPS!
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Reactor
Ti900.7

Sound Quality, Looks, Power, Flexibility
kg1961
Got wood?

:)

Post by kg1961 »

Im with DB
Reactor,Octane le Roadster 66
I own the Octane now and i have to say they look way better in person than in pics and A little biger than i thought. Its the same lenght as my older bmw 850ti(traded it)just bigger as the cover plate is about 3" wide by the lenght of the amp
I like the ease for set up ect
Last edited by kg1961 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

My love goes to the all-round MS2125...

Strong, flexible and sexy...

Bet there are stronger PG amps out there, but this one have touched my heart and my soul...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ms275...

small enough to hide, pretty enough to display, powerful enough for a pair of subs and clean enough for a front stage.

very possibly the most versatile and most useful amp by anyone, ever.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
bruther

Post by bruther »

Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Ti500.4/ZX450

Most versatile crossover and just the right amount of power in just the right sized package. It's the swiss army knife of PG amps!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

For me its a toss up between my MS2125 or my M100's don't think I could do without either. My M50 I bought brand new when they first came out so it will never leave my posession.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I don't own one but I likes the MS1000.............Power for days, does as it's told and makes a statement.............."Where did all my trunk space go???" is that statement.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Well I guess the M100 wins for me I now own 6 of them. :lol:
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

I'd have to stick with the TI stuff as this is what turned me on to PG and have been in love with the looks and the SQ ever since. :D
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

There's to many for me to just pick one.

1. MS2250
2. ZPA0.5
3. ZX450
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

I'd have to say ZPA's

Reason being, its all I have ever owned...Would definitely consider an LE amp...
Marcelbofh

Post by Marcelbofh »

MS Series hands down here, with a slight preference to the 2125.
Bought mine in the early 90's and never looked elsewhere ever again.

Well, let me rephrase that, I never found anything better to this day.
At least not to the point where I would be like "Woah, that is so much better then my MS's!"

I will never (ever) part with mine, and will continue enjoying them as long as they allow me to.
I'm telling ya, PG made these amps too friggin good back then...

<sidenote> The MPS2500/MPS2220 I tripped over at Nico's may shift my preference from the 2125 to those babies perhaps.
First have to try them out when they're recapped and put to service again.
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

I'd say ZX475Ti, cuz it's the only pg amp i owned beside the route 66, but i never used it so :p

i like the crazy amount of power this little beast gives!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

M25
small, but it's the one that had me all over PG
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
RSdCrazy

PG Amps

Post by RSdCrazy »

Well I guess I have to say RSd, which I'm using a 500.4 and I also have a 300.4. I just got outbid on a Ti 500.4. I think I'm going to try and land a MS series, or even a newer Octane and who know maybe a Ti. I'm definitely going to get one of the new amps just not at this moment. I also have an older Zed Audio 75 x 4 and that amp is hard to compete with.
RSdCrazy

PG Amps

Post by RSdCrazy »

Now that I think about it. I'm not sure an MS series is any better than the RSd series. If you look at the design, components, and who designed them the RSd just may be the modern MS and I love the RSd.
rocker85675

Re: Your PERSONAL product review!

Post by rocker85675 »

as far as pg goes i started out with a ms275 & ms2125, then a few m series, a zx950(poormans reactor), a couple of titaniums and about to rock a zx350 (tweets) zx450 (mids) and a zx500 (subs). and i have LOVED em all minus the zx's im about to use but havent yet. guess you can call me a pg phanatic!
marko

Post by marko »

if I had to choose one amp to live with for the rest of my life and nothing else it would be a Reactor, a comprehensive one box solution, tons of power, plenty of features like cross overs, lpl's, RDDP, 6 channels and not to mention stunning looks!
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I love my octane LE in my truck but look forward to hearing the roadster 66 to comapair it too.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Thread resurrection! I thought about this for a while and I think I came to a conclusion. I was having a hard time choosing between MS2125 and MS275. So I figure the SOFAS would be a good compromise. ;) I kick myself sometimes for selling mine. Had the crate, the hay, the #'s matching crossover. It sounded soooooo good too. I miss you little Frank! I hope someone is taking care of you.

When I was 14 or so is when I started getting interested and drooling over the car audio magazines. The only place in our small town was a custom truck outfitter which did everything from camper shells to light bars, etc. They started carrying MTX and Orion. Most of the guys in high school were running XTRs or RTPs or BTs with MTX amps. I was never impressed. The "real" stores in the "big city" an hour from us had the good stuff. PPI Art Series, Eclipse, McIntosh, Alpine (CDA-7939, 6012EX subs, etc....the good Alpine stuff), Boston, Oz Audio, JL, etc....but no PG dealer. I had only saw them in the mags. And something about them just made me want them! Mostly the MS/MPS amps. I always loved the Art Series PPI amps as well....and might have to get some just to try them....but the ones that kept calling my name were the MS2125, MPS2500, MS275, and of course Frank and Son.

I went through a phase several years back where I started to buy all kinds of PG amps and gear. I used most of it at least once and eventually sold it all at a loss. But it satisfied my childhood dreams.....for a while. I am getting the itch again to collect enough stuff to put together the system of my dreams from the good old days. Should be fun.
JayGold

Post by JayGold »

I'm with those who decided on the MS2125, even though NewOldStock makes some great points about the MS275. When I got into car audio around 1993 it was all about buying used amps from friends because that's what I could afford. My first was a 4 channel Kenwood amp which kept blowing 2 channels running a 10" M&M in a sealed enclosure. I ditched the Kenwood and had some other hand-me-down amps which never really did anything for me. Somewhere in there was a Sherwood and a Hafler amp, once again never impressed me.
So I started to save some cash and aimed for a M25, what a god-send. Made that M&M move like nothing else before it.
Fast forward, I wanted to grow up and play with the big boys so I opted for a mildly used MS275 and MS2125 butted together. The 275 ran my front stage Canton Pullmans and the 2125 ran (3) Kicker S10a's bridged....holy smokes was that an impressive system.
One day my install buds and I were messing around and decided to throw the 2125 at the front stage....this was not heard of back then. When I recall everyone with installs they always had a real world powered 50x2 amp running front stage. This moment was the ground-breaking point for those that were present when I slowly turned up the volume and fell in love with the 2125.
That MS275 was history and I also decided to unload the MS2125 months later...a big mistake!
I purchased a set of the first run ZPA0.5's, components and subs stayed the same. Took 1st place in a Chicago-land audio competition and had a blast with those amps, but never did embrace the ZPA's as I did the MS's. The ZPA's always felt fragile to me, even with fans the plexi would always bow out in the middle where there was no hardware, they ran really hot and were easily bent.
So here I am today, (3) MS2125's...all currently going under the knife. I love this amp, it screams "get-the-f*ck-out-of-the-way", looks brilliant when the board is displayed, simple yet powerful, feels beastly, and sounds oh so very smooth.
14 PG amps from M/MS/ZX/Ti/LE and counting....the addiction continues...
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

front stage/speakers amp = zpa0.5V2 feeded by a tbat balanced line driver.

sub amp = original ms2250 with shroud.( and bass cube in front of it )