Anyone try the sl slim line of subs from pg

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

Anyone try the sl slim line of subs from pg

Post by kg1961 »

i would like to hear if anyone has used them any review ect. on paper(pg web site) they look good but i have not been to inpressed with many shallow style subs
if pg can shime in on these also

thanks again
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Re: Anyone try the sl slim line of subs from pg

Post by Kirghiz »

The SL's are favorable to most of the shallow subs out there, but they aren't as shallow as most of the shallow subs out there, and they aren't favorable against most comparable "normal" subwoofers either. Alpine and Memphis make subs that are more shallow and sound pretty good for what they are, but Alpine is three or four times more proud of theirs than everyone else, and the Memphis has an ugly sensitivity. I believe one of those three is the best shallow sub from what I've heard and read, but which one is debatable.

Having said that, the SL10's have a depth of 3.6", but the Phoenix Gold R3 10's have a depth of 5", so if you can find an additional 1.4" you'll get better output from the R3's imo.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

i was aksing if anyone have tried them or how they sound. i might have the room but the r3 need space or the vent pole will be covered this can add another 1" not sure if i used them i can spare the room
i did infact have earthquake sws 8" in my bmw e90 and the jl 13.5 Inch shallow traded it to tom and should never had..lol
but i have not heard another nice sounding shallow sub
I bought my wife the pioneer 10" and if that was for me i would rather a cardboard box and a hand to make bass..
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

Forgive me for raving about old school JBL subs, but a JBL 1200GTI is shallow in addition to being bad-ass and sounding wicked. 4,25" is not bad for a 12 inch sub which wasn't made with shallow mounting depth as a priority.

I just wish they still made the reconing kits!
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i have one in the mail on its way to me right now so i will let you know!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

Thanks! The GTI is my precious. Even with a sagging spider it totally rocks with just (MS-) 275Watts! No one believes me when I say my sub amp is 2x75Watts.

Oh and apologies for hijacking this thread.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

Hey mike. I've used several of the sl10's and 12's. I was fairly impressed with them, but not amazed. I think they sound good and are capable of producing deep bass it tight spaces. They don't handles loads of power tho. Hope this helps. In comparison to a kicker cvt (slim sub I have the most experience with), I would rather have the sl. I think the pg sounds much better, although the kicker might be a little more abuser friendly.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.