should the elite amp have a new/differnt look?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: should the elite amp have a new/differnt look?

Post by ttocs »

I am not faulting you guys for making anything less then a really cool amp morgan I think its just our normal need to customize stuff that leads us to wonder. Maybe make a contest out of it and show people's custom amps with the possibility of making one of them next year for others?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:its just our normal need to customize stuff that leads us to wonder.
This

Fwiw I think Kicker and JL amps look like flea market amps. All things equal though, I wouldn't care if it was pink and had little My Little Pony's etched into the glass, so long as it sounds as good as it does. :lol:
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

My little pony? hahaha

You guys never fail to entertain.

I really do appreciate all the ideas and concepts from wild to mild. That is how most of the limited edition amplifiers are created, wild suggestions from customers...
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I'm going to go ahead and apologize to everyone right now in case the spiritual successor to "The One" is a 100 unit run of My Little Pony amps.

You'd have to admit though, it would be pretty sweet if it shot rainbows from the output connectors.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I drive a mustang morgan I would rock the "my little pony" edition amp....

Morgan just out of curiosity though do you have a pic of the elites with out the plexi? Just curious what it would look like with out tinted plexi.

Another idea would be to use tinted plexi but have the tint etched/machined off so that not only will the frosted section glow brighter with no tint, but also then with the lights off it would be visable.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Since all the new pg amps are black what about a crome shadow like the old audison or a stinger/pg colored set up to make both companys wires ect come together in a mad install.. I love the look i have yet be able to install it yet so i can't say how it sounds. but i like the idea of etched plexi or a special silk screened like the old ms amp had as to show all the big improvments pg has done to make there very best. the board looks great on these even not being gold i would be showing it off in a install. so have things like you web site said about the amp monster heats, built like a brick ect ect also show burr brown ect.
I would order two proto's right now if you could get them for me clear plexi 8)
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Check manual for the Elite, it has pic of the 4 channel.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/images/manua ... Manual.pdf

I will try to post up some other pics.

Please no more my little pony talk. :naughty:
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

MW3 wrote:Check manual for the Elite, it has pic of the 4 channel.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/images/manua ... Manual.pdf

I will try to post up some other pics.

Please no more my little pony talk. :naughty:

that what im talking about but silk screen this info on a clear plexi like the old ms amp. i find the elite being the very best but still looking like a nice honda when she is a audi r8 have the wording "elite" on it in gold like the ms1000 nickel and the color of the silk screen doesn't have to be all the color like the old ms but its fine if it was
do you think most people will sit there and try to remember all the point when showing off there install or the elite amp is pgs top of the line is about all the info that will get out of that.than most will look it up and see some of the other lower end and say why did he pay x amount for that or he must have been lying this amp is way less power class d ect. this shows pg is loud and proud. i would like to see a crome shadow version but ..

also has anyone really tested and showed number on these amps. i know eric did a review but i didn't see numbers
I know they come with birth sheets but in the real world?
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Yea I think with just the right amount of light under the clear those "tombstone resistors" will look pretty cool I think.
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

clear or smoked plexi with the gold looking " Phoenix gold" logo same as on the zpa amps........
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

Kirghiz wrote:I'm going to go ahead and apologize to everyone right now in case the spiritual successor to "The One" is a 100 unit run of My Little Pony amps.

You'd have to admit though, it would be pretty sweet if it shot rainbows from the output connectors.
How about a 'dirty' Barbie edition .... :mrgreen:
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

kg1961 wrote:
also has anyone really tested and showed number on these amps. i know eric did a review but i didn't see numbers
I know they come with birth sheets but in the real world?
If you have the electrical system to feed them, they'll do birth sheet numbers or better. The Elites are no question about it the best sounding and most powerful amps Phoenix Gold has ever made.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

In a perfect world ect ect. Has anyone tested these? Number and output. I would love to see in real world number what these do. I think and just my thoughts are these are big.money big in size need alot of power but I would bet money you could not here the differnce if it gain matched to a zpa.... that would explain the lack of people to show real number other than specs...
2020 honda accord sport
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

If I had the equipment to test mine I would, but I don't.

But seriously, install yours and see what you think. Everyone that has them says the same thing, that they're the best amps Phoenix Gold has ever made. Until you hear them for a while you can't really dispute it. The only downside to them is their size.
dbjury

Post by dbjury »

Gold plated boards. Bring em back. Love em
BMW 2006 530D E60
(yet to fit) Alpine 9887 CD/Ipod/Reciever: Boston Acoustics ZX6: Boston Acoustics SPG-555: Phoenix Gold ELITE .5
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Shit with the price of gold now I am afraid to know what that would cost...
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

They said they would not do gold plated as they don't last as long
2020 honda accord sport
Drock

Post by Drock »

I might build something here. I actually built led boards many years ago. We did custom logos for many bars counters CNC'd into plexy. Plexy was painted and when used with the LEDs only the graphics light like a neon sign.
Works very well and looks very cool.
We did many signs for beer companies lol
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Lmk im in drock
2020 honda accord sport
dbjury

Post by dbjury »

When you say they won't last as long. How long do they need to operate? Plenty of zx /ms etc gold plated amps around still?

I see they splashed out on 'The One'.

The gold just looks so dam sexy. I've just scored a ms2125 just so I can frame it and google at it until I find the right car for it.
BMW 2006 530D E60
(yet to fit) Alpine 9887 CD/Ipod/Reciever: Boston Acoustics ZX6: Boston Acoustics SPG-555: Phoenix Gold ELITE .5
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

dbjury wrote:When you say they won't last as long. How long do they need to operate? Plenty of zx /ms etc gold plated amps around still?

The gold just looks so dam sexy. I've just scored a ms2125 just so I can frame it and google at it until I find the right car for it.

if you look at how many were sold vs how many are around not counting how many this forum has saved they want a amp to work. I think Morgan said he would rather put the money into the amp to work and sound better than to have a gold board. I have to agree
2020 honda accord sport
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

kg1961 wrote:
dbjury wrote:When you say they won't last as long. How long do they need to operate? Plenty of zx /ms etc gold plated amps around still?

if you look at how many were sold vs how many are around not counting how many this forum has saved they want a amp to work. I think Morgan said he would rather put the money into the amp to work and sound better than to have a gold board. I have to agree
I also think the gold boards should be back on the Elite line, longevity is not an issue, and they are Phoenix 'Gold' after all ....
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2