TI265PS MSRP?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Audiophiliac

TI265PS MSRP?

Post by Audiophiliac »

Interested in the new Ti point source speakers. Curious what they will sell for and when they will be available.

Also, maybe Morgan can give his opinion on how these would compare to Exile XT65. That is what I am using now and love them! I did buy some HAT Imagine mids to try out but have not had the chance yet. The tweeters are on their way and I will be able to A/B them with the Xtecs.
Audiophiliac

Re: TI265PS MSRP?

Post by Audiophiliac »

Still curious about these. I have not seen nor heard a peep about them. I assume they are out there somewhere....so either they are so great people are speechless, or they are not so popular for whatever reason.

I need to replace my Xtec65 because of some douchebag ebay seller who hosed me on a replacement woofer. It is either try these, or pick up another set of HAT Imagines....I got used set and put them in the wife's car and they sound damn good....even off deck power.
HectorVega

Post by HectorVega »

If I recall correctly, MSRP is 199.99
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Anyone heard these things yet? I still need some speakers for my VW. I have been listening to just the right side forever! :) I really want to try these....I guess I better go see the douchebag dealer by me. I have a set of HAT Imagines in the wife's car that may come out soon when we get a new vehicle....but they may go right back into that if they fit.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I'm putting two sets in my wife's car in about a month, but that doesn't help you now I guess.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Let me know how they do. I am not going to be moving that quickly here. :)
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Well, a pair will be on their way to me before the end of the weekend. I will let you know how they do. I have been listening to 1/2 stereo in my car forEVER. Time for a left speaker.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I finally got around to throwing these in and wow....they are good! I did not change any settings and they blend better with the subs for one. The highs are good....maybe a bit too hard but they may just need to loosen up and break in a bit. Oh and this is on just the front channels of the sd1100.5. I had it bridged before but am short a y adapter.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Audiophiliac wrote:I finally got around to throwing these in and wow....they are good! I did not change any settings and they blend better with the subs for one. The highs are good....maybe a bit too hard but they may just need to loosen up and break in a bit. Oh and this is on just the front channels of the sd1100.5. I had it bridged before but am short a y adapter.
So whats the retail on them?
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Apparently about $80 on eBay. :) I think someone said msrp is $199? Worth it even then.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Audiophiliac wrote:Apparently about $80 on eBay. :) I think someone said msrp is $199? Worth it even then.
80 on ebay!!! Thatd be a steal too bad it eouldnt have warranty -___-, but man thats great, yeah my local shop told me 199 but i wanted to hear from someone else
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

My local PG dealer would have made me a "special deal" on them for $199....bastards. That is why I do not shop there. These came BNIB from a pawn shop ebay store. 1st set I have seen for sale there. Good timing because my single Exile XT65 bit the dust days ago. Now I am enjoying music in stereo again.
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Audiophiliac wrote:My local PG dealer would have made me a "special deal" on them for $199....bastards. That is why I do not shop there. These came BNIB from a pawn shop ebay store. 1st set I have seen for sale there. Good timing because my single Exile XT65 bit the dust days ago. Now I am enjoying music in stereo again.
That's great, my shop is selling me mine for 150 flat
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

Went to my shop to pick up my point source speakers today and they ran out of them so the owner gave me the comps for 150