Suggestions for AAMP in dealing with PG...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

jbondox wrote:
XS was junk also... the type R's would from alpine would walk over it.. and I am sure they were probably being built at the same plant.. the woofers weren't too bad, but JL W0/1 level... not the W3...
XS's were built in portland. i thought they were a pretty stout amp. simple, easy to install. good power ratings.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bfowler wrote:
jbondox wrote:
XS was junk also... the type R's would from alpine would walk over it.. and I am sure they were probably being built at the same plant.. the woofers weren't too bad, but JL W0/1 level... not the W3...
XS's were built in portland. i thought they were a pretty stout amp. simple, easy to install. good power ratings.
He's talking about the speakers. I didn't like the XS speakers much myself either. The XS amps are too bland for me as well, but stout is an understatement... if New Orleans built their dikes out of XS amps, Katrina would have melted from the sheer awesomeness.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

Morgan, I am not attacking you or the company, I am just hard to please... LMAO... I still prefer the only thing open on Sundays is the movie theaters and church... not that I attend... but I hate change...

Just wanted to let you know it isn't personal. I am going to stay out of it from here on out and keep my opinions to myself, as I would hate to make up others peoples minds before anything was even done yet... you know the band wagons

I wish you mucho success, I have my reservations,, but it is me... ol school I guess

I will stay out of this section from here on out... not even going to peek... ;)
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

brian - I could have swore that PG started off as an electrical accesory manf long before they started putting amps out. The lower, crap-end lines came after the high-end so I am not sure how they could have paid for the good stuff we all know and love.

morgan - I too am not trying to bash pg but I like james and others questioned what the hell happened to pg in the last 10 yrs? I hope you are going to have something above a re-badged ryval line and await the day that you start to post something really interesting/entertaining that will make james and I stop complaining and start singin your praises again. unfortunatly I have not lowered my standards to the mp3-sq level that james speakes of, should I consider doing so?
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Hey, you guys keep going at it I'm learning some stuff over here hahaha.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I hope I have not crossed anybody's line or ruffled any feathers. I am not trying to be annoying, forgive me it just come naturally according to my older brother :D

we are all here for the good of PG, some of us might just have higher expectations then others huh?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I don't think anyones feathers are ruffled beyond repair. Respectful criticism is good. Multiple points of view are good. Everything is good.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

ttocs wrote:brian - I could have swore that PG started off as an electrical accesory manf long before they started putting amps out. The lower, crap-end lines came after the high-end so I am not sure how they could have paid for the good stuff we all know and love.

they did! PG was never a very financially sound company.

sapphire lines paid for ZPA's
xs lines paid for TI's
octane-r's paid for xenon's
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Guys. No worries. All feedback is welcome, good and bad. Yes, Jimbo even yours so stick around. ;)

We are all big boys and passionate about audio, nothing wrong with that.

I just ask you keep an open mind. I believe you are going to like what you see in the near future...
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Morgan, as you know, it is our job to break your balls. You can't expect to please us, but our opinions may help keep the company heading in the right direction, or at least keep PG heading towards its roots, which is why we are so passionate in the first place.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

oops wrong thread!

Suggestion: Make one hell of a product! /wink
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

lol, I just gotta laugh at how many people think they know how to run an audio company in todays market.

So much shit has changed in the last 5, 10, 15 years its not even funny.
The fact that AAMP is willing to even take the chance with bringing PG back is awesome. The amount of money it probably took to fuel what is going on right now must have been quite the risky investment, and the success of this new release will probably determine PG's fate from the start. & remember this is just that, the start.
All we can do is hope for the best, and help spread the word PG is coming back with a vengeance.

Something I would strongly recommend to PG would be to under promise & over deliver. That was the aspect of the company I feel was its defining element. In a jacked up market that requires a middle man (CEA) to keep manufacturers honest, over delivering could restart that trend.
I have to say, seeing the CEA ratings were lower than PG published for the RSD line was a huge turn off for me.
There are a lot of 4ch amps rated at 100w rms, so design one to compete. Rate it at 100w rms, but design it for 125w. Instead of using CEA to verify the ratings, let them call you on it & expose how much power they REALLY put out. Birth sheets are one thing and the few lucky people that get a big over achiever love them, but an entire line of amps that seriously over perform...... well, that could easily put PG right back at the top.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

^^^^^ werd. 8)
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
KHPower
Location: In the Phoenix Phorum's boiler room , east of the janitors closet

Post by KHPower »

Please bring back the Phoenix Gold install accessories like distro blocks,awesome rca's and exceptional wire. when I heard AAMP and Phoenix Gold were doing away with what Phoenix Gold was primarily founded upon I was heartbroken.

Phoenix Gold fans also want Phoenix Gold install gear to compliment there new Phoenix gold amps.

Just sayin :pray:
[color=#8040BF]Kenwood 993
Team Sundown:4500D
(2) Digital Designs 9500's
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
Team Kinetik: HC3800 ,(2),1200s (2) 600's
Factory Authorized Kinetik ,Sundown,MB Quart Dealer[/color]
ByBlaZeD

Re: Suggestions for AAMP in dealing with PG...

Post by ByBlaZeD »

^^^^ agreed ^^^^
PG Collection in the making:
2 - ZX400ti
1 - X600.1
2 - X100.4
1 - Ti2500.1
1 - Ti800.4
1 - XS2300
1 - Sapphire SA3.0X
1 - XS124
1 - White Bass CUBE
1 - Black Bass CUBE
2 - TLD66
1 - XSC10
3 - LPL44
1 - BLK RMD
1 - RMD (New Style)
Fused Distro's
Non-Fused Distro's
RCA's

Non-PG.....
1 - JL e4300
1 - JL JX500/1
1 - RF Punch 200aIV
1 - RF Punch 250m
2 - RF P2D2-12
1 - RF P165-S (Locked up woofer after 6 months!! Stay Away LOL)
1 - MTX Thunder 2150X
1 - SS Reference 414s
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have been saying for some time they should have ditched the stinger line and carried on pg's. You would think that with how much they are getting for the elite line that they could sell some hella expensive rca's to go with it.

glad I stocked up before they went extinct :)
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Funny, I just read through this whole tread. And almost everything in the first two pages IMO describes everything put into the elite amp line. I think pg is listening.

I can't wait for the next gen of amps to arrive. Amps that have the ability to communicate with all the new technology like iPads, phones, Ect. This would make it a great opportunity to now start including many more processing features that can be controlled through said devices.
Instead of lpl's rmd's and bass cubes, these features could be software that talks to the amp wirelessly.
spaceace60

Post by spaceace60 »

rather than investing in a ton of features(bluetooth ect ect!) i think Pg would do the best if they made simple amps nothing fancy(simple/solid)not even internal x-overs! just pure performance! that way the R&D cost are down,overhead is down? if they sold a line of no frill reasonably priced Sq/high output amps i think they could get sales back up on an amp no one could talk smack on!!! and if your gonna make limited editions make ones that make sense!! the rt66 was kinda a good idea except it lacked the options/controllability that you had with an m25 and m44 seperately same with Octane Le kinda dumb configurations(almost useless!) having 2 2ch amps under 1 cover yet only i set of inputs??(not really even a 3ch amp?) so no time alignment for front/rear?? can't use a sub amp bridged(as bass cube works on rear amp!)x-over is only Hp on front Lp on rear?(atleast have a neutral/zero setting on the x-overs on these amps!!! both amps are worse(less useful/flexible) than the 2 amps combo's that are housed under ea cover!!! the Rt66 is ok modded to a 4ch amp! simply put think things out a little before configuring the next line of combo/Le. amps!!