Message out to all PG employees...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Is there anyone left at PG who is following the forum?

Is there anyone available to contact with product questions?

I believe we had three or more PG employees actively following the forum a few years ago, and I fear all of you are gone. If any of you are still around, please let it be known. Even if you are just a PG employee lurker, please say something. It would be nice to know PG still follows things, even if at a greatly reduced level.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
knightrider358

Re: Message out to all PG employees...

Post by knightrider358 »

Now that morgan left....i dont think even any og pg employees are still there.

What gets me even more is that AAMP was just awardes vendor of the year at Kfest this past sunday.

I think they prob got it for having revived pg but yet the product line seems to be going down hill again. Except the new ti elite subs.

Customer services has gone to pot.

So i doubt any current pg employees are following here anymore.

Sad that they got all of our opinions back in 11-12 when they were rereleasing pg but now we hear nothing.....................
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

I sent Morgan an email via LinkedIn about a month ago. I asked him to come on here and say hello. I don't think he has done that yet.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Although we are not affiliated with pg, we are linked on there page. So one would think someone from pg would throw a bone once in awhile. Creat hype if you will.
They could easily do better. But their marketing sucks. The availability here sucks.. Getting warranty sucks, they don't even service their own gear anymore. Other than they do make good products, I would not be a new customer.

Almost anyone into car audio I meet now a days has never even heard of pg. unless there an old school fan.
Their web site need a serious overhaul. It's been the exact same for several years now.

Come on pg. show some love.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Hello PG anyone home?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
hot9dog

Post by hot9dog »

Have been lurking in the shadows of this forum for a long time now, this is my first posting here..... so why post now after all of these years...? And why on this subject..? Its because im a die hard phoenix gold loyalist, and im getting kinda pissed off with how this segment company of AAMP of america is being handled. This thread is cutting straight to the heart..... and i STILL see nobody from this company stepping up to represent this landmark brand... let alone spend more than 20 dollars or 20 minutes towards marketing. If i worked for this brand... i would wear my company name tag like a badge of honor- much like 90% of the people on this forum. And do you know why our chests would swell with pride...? Because we actually belive in this product and this brand..... and we dont even collect a damn paycheck. ... this is why i have stepped from the shadows
Drock

Post by Drock »

Nice^. Thanks for posting. The more the merrier.
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

hot9dog wrote:Have been lurking in the shadows of this forum for a long time now, this is my first posting here..... so why post now after all of these years...? And why on this subject..? Its because im a die hard phoenix gold loyalist, and im getting kinda pissed off with how this segment company of AAMP of america is being handled. This thread is cutting straight to the heart..... and i STILL see nobody from this company stepping up to represent this landmark brand... let alone spend more than 20 dollars or 20 minutes towards marketing. If i worked for this brand... i would wear my company name tag like a badge of honor- much like 90% of the people on this forum. And do you know why our chests would swell with pride...? Because we actually belive in this product and this brand..... and we dont even collect a damn paycheck. ... this is why i have stepped from the shadows
Welcome! Well said. I completely agree.

I'll vouch for hot9dog, he is NOT andy, lol. He is active on diyma, and has a sick VW CC build going on right now. You guys should check it out.
caraudiotech

Post by caraudiotech »

Hello all.
Just wanted to chime in here and shed a little light on the current situation.

My name is John Catalano and I am now the official product manager for Phoenix Gold. You may have seen me post from time to time in the past but not often as my past primary duties were running the Stinger and SoundQuest brands. The reason I posted before as Phoenix Gold has always been a passion of mine and I have been lobbying over the last few years to be more involved. Starting in July of last year (beginning with the ZEN9) I was finally given the opportunity to begin closer work with Morgan West and really dive into the line of products and start a strategy on were we are and where we want to go. Sadly just after Morgan and I started working together Morgan accepted a fantastic opportunity with another company that was the right move for him and his new family.
This put the future of PG in great jeopardy!
Luckily, AAMP and the new management team has faith in my new plan and with the help of Jeff Smith (PG trainer and former installer of the year) Ken Wiseman (PG Sales manager, formerly Hertz Audioson, Sony) we have the right team assembled. We will be continuing our relationship with Steve Mantz as well as our internal engineering team in our future designs.
We have hired a new marketing manager for the Phoenix Gold brand Rebecca Fournie and you will start seeing more posts/marketing and questions posted here from her.
There's a new website in the works and if you are on our Facebook twitter or instagram page you may have already seen the uptick in posts and content.

The phorum is very important to us and we do not want you think we are ignoring you. Aside from what I have previously explained, what has added another layer of difficulty for us is for some reason (that we have not been able to resolve) we cannot access the Phoenix Phorum from our main offices. Our IT department is working on this but has been ongoing for at least 6 months. I writing this on my phone because I would otherwise not be able to login. Maybe someone on the Phorum administration can check if our IP is blocked for some reason?

Aside from all of that, we plan to be as transparent as possible (without giving info that would hurt the brand) to the Phorum members first; our core users and respected Phanatics.
We need your feedback and your support!
I look forward to being the new face of PG and I hope in a couple of years the members will look back at this post and say " that's when PG started kicking serious ass again!"

And just a teaser...here a shot of ZEN9 #001. shes had to get a little larger from the concept we showed at CES but let me assure you it is not only ongoing but a priority project. She is currently at Cogent Labs for critical evaluation before we start full production.

Thanks again!
Attachments
ZEN9-sample-01.jpeg
John "Boyee" Catalano
Phoenix Gold and Stinger Senior Global Marketing Manager
AAMP Global

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ----- Ferris Bueller
hot9dog

Post by hot9dog »

Thank you Mr. Catalano for taking the time to post this. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

John, thank you so much for the response! I now have a bit of renewed hope in the future.

Keep moving forward with what ever you guys do with the brand. Your loyal fans here will continue to believe in the product and promote it whenever possible.
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
sunshinefc3s

Post by sunshinefc3s »

That's, John. And welcome (again)! Your reply is much appreciated, and I am really looking forward to some great products from PG (can't wait to see the next gen elite amps).
-Alex
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I just stopped by my local dealer today in fact to inquire about the zen9. I called months ago and asked if they had any more info on it since ces but they never called back. Today when I stopped in they still had no info on it as far as when its available, price, or the final specs on it. I am interested in getting one but if its this hard to get any info not I will just run with the elite amps I have. Any chance you can hook a brother up or hook my dealer up so he can hook a brother up?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
caraudiotech

Post by caraudiotech »

First test report..

We haven't published MSRP yet because we are still dialing in the design but it will be under 3500, and most likely closer to 3k.
Realistically will be available before the end of the year..Late October or November if possible. No one has attempted this before,. Is posing a unique set of challenges and we want it perfect so its taking longer than expected.

First test report here: http://smu.gs/1MVxBpd

What other info were you curious about?
John "Boyee" Catalano
AAMP Global

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ----- Ferris Bueller
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Any plans for the Ti2 line? Keep them the same this year? Cosmetic changes? Different power levels?

As for the Zen9, any chance it can have separate gain controls for each channel (9 in all), and can the 4 identically powered channels be capable of a true stereo bridge? I.E., Left Front + goes with Left Rear - for the Left channel, and Right Front - goes with Right Rear + for the Right channel. This way someone can use the amp for an active 3-way front with sub. Plenty of power for the tweeters, midrange, and midbass.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

What does it take to get on the list to get one? I mean I am willing to put a deposit down but like I said my dealer made it sound as though he has not heard anything about it. He said today he had not heard anything more since CES so I guess I know more then he does now.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

ttocs wrote:What does it take to get on the list to get one? I mean I am willing to put a deposit down but like I said my dealer made it sound as though he has not heard anything about it. He said today he had not heard anything more since CES so I guess I know more then he does now.
You need to call a different dealer. I got to pick out which numbers I wanted back in the beginning of the year.
Strykers_Inc

Post by Strykers_Inc »

Thanks John for letting us know someone is listening to us.
Weaklink

Post by Weaklink »

Sounds like it's time for a 30th anniversary TA line. :pray:
2008 toy tundra
Kenwood dnx-9980hd
Hertz hi energy 3-way
Hertz hi energy coax
M50 ser# M500001
M25 ser#M2500001
Outlaw x3
Bandit x4
Route 66 x2
M100x3
M44x2
M50 x4
M25 x5
Powercore 15
Ti Basscube
And other goodies
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

funny enough I tried to find a dealer on a 12v site I have access too and didn't even get a response there....
caraudiotech

Post by caraudiotech »

Eric D wrote:Any plans for the Ti2 line? Keep them the same this year? Cosmetic changes? Different power levels?

As for the Zen9, any chance it can have separate gain controls for each channel (9 in all), and can the 4 identically powered channels be capable of a true stereo bridge? I.E., Left Front + goes with Left Rear - for the Left channel, and Right Front - goes with Right Rear + for the Right channel. This way someone can use the amp for an active 3-way front with sub. Plenty of power for the tweeters, midrange, and midbass.
Eric, great question.
The amp specifically set up for full active systems. This is why the power is staggered. 60 x 2 tweeters, 75x 2 midrange, 125 x 2 midbass, 75 x2 rear fill and 800 x 1 sub..4 ohm ratings.
That's the beauty of having no crossovers or any other signal manipulation in the amplifier. It's just made to produce clean power.

Of course you could forget rear fill, bridge the 75 x 4 channels to 200 x2 for midbass and use the 125 x 2 for mids if you wanted a more powerful front stage.
Separate gain controls for each channel would not really benefit you, plus you need a good DSP to tie it all together so you'll get your micro gain control from that.

No changes for TI2.... But there will be a new 3 tier amplifier range in the new plan with mid year 2016 releases...but that's all I can say about it right now.
John "Boyee" Catalano
AAMP Global

Drock

Post by Drock »

This is great. Thanks John. Look forward to new updates. And I hope to hear more from you/PG once in awhile as Morgan once did.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that is exactly what I am needing. Like I said if you can help it would be appreciated.
Weaklink

Post by Weaklink »

Speaking of good dsp. Any plans?
2008 toy tundra
Kenwood dnx-9980hd
Hertz hi energy 3-way
Hertz hi energy coax
M50 ser# M500001
M25 ser#M2500001
Outlaw x3
Bandit x4
Route 66 x2
M100x3
M44x2
M50 x4
M25 x5
Powercore 15
Ti Basscube
And other goodies
OptiSound

Post by OptiSound »

Great to hear from you John. Keep the PG spirit alive!!!
We Follow you from Europe.