what do you think about a subaru?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

what do you think about a subaru?

Post by ttocs »

Three months ago my dad threw that question out at me. It was a surprise to me and honestly I have never really thought about subaru(nice cars by all means but a ford guy ya know?) and the smart ass in my could not help but to reply,"Don't you think a De Tomaso Pantera would be a lot more fun?" I mean who can argue with that right? He just smiled and I though he knew I was full of shit but I guess I put a bug in his ear. He is actually picking up his new subaru monday and then realy surprised me by saying the more he thought about a Pantera the more he liked the idea... After a short discussion turns out we are thinking about the same thing on the car we would want if we got one. Spent some time the past few weeks looking at prices and watching some actions to get an idea of what one would run us and I don't think its out of reach for the two of us to go in on. Mom will take some convincing but in time hopefully she will come around. Anyone know of one for sale by chance?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
st3v3vo

Re: what do you think about a subaru?

Post by st3v3vo »

They are actually nice and fun cars. The 2.5 gives a bit more torque and drivability over a 2 liter four and the boxer engine sound is very unique.

The down side is that, its a boxer engine;

Do not start thinking its going to be easy to add power or modify. It will get super expensive and also more down time if things break because you will have to pull the whole motor multiple times.

I have friends on both sides that have tons of cash and modify what cars they want because in the end it doesn't really matter; its their money. The Suburu guys just go through more of it and have more downtime.

If you leave the car alone and don't modify, its a great driver.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

dad is still waiting to pick up his car. Not sure what the hold up is now but it seems comfortable.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

Takes a long time to get a Subaru from Lafayette IN to your side of IN !
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I could've driven it there for you, if only it would work that way. I live in Lafayette, been in SIA to many times to care. Quality is def. their number one priority concerning the product.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998