zen 9 new amps ect

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: zen 9 new amps ect

Post by ttocs »

knightrider358 wrote:i know the last board revision just passed qc.....so hopefully we will see it by eoy or early next year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
heard that before on this already. I thought that was what the hold up was after they released pics at ces, 2 YEARS AGO.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Pg is a huge joke
They talked about this showed watts and took money from some dealer and 2.5 plus years later still nothing
That's fucked
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Surprisingly enough, I have a local PG dealer, with no product to display. I understand as no one new to the hobby where I'm from knows of PG, but he just got an update price sheet a few weeks ago. I did see on it where it stated the Zen9 was listed as for sale at $2750 MSRP and only (100) or more, limited production.
Don't know if that is of any assurance to any one? Just though I'd share.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

so its been nearly 3 months since I heard anything on the zen when. I would imagine the reports are that its almost ready? Just need to do one more thing, again???
KillerBox

Post by KillerBox »

ttocs wrote:so its been nearly 3 months since I heard anything on the zen when. I would imagine the reports are that its almost ready? Just need to do one more thing, again???
Seems to be an ongoing trend with Car Audio manufactures. Bowland Audio is worse. Bowland is over a year past due on the pre-orders that he has already got paid for.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

They are worse at a year lol!? pretty sure pg took down payments now 2 almost 3 years ago now?
KillerBox

Post by KillerBox »

ttocs wrote:They are worse at a year lol!? pretty sure pg took down payments now 2 almost 3 years ago now?
I didn't know that. Has PG refunded any money?

To be honest, I don't see any of them making something so revolutionary to take this long or for me to prepay for it. Sure you will get a few sentimental people to pony up but, for me there are just way to many options on the amp market for that type of marketing.

If you want me to pre-order something tell me you are coming up with a 16 channel DSP with auto tune!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well it wasn't pg that took them as much as dealers when they came out with the first shell to show at ces years ago. It almost sounded like they had all 100 preordered. I would hope if someone came back now years later that if they wanted their money they would get it. PG has just been in a constant state of re-design on it and keeps saying its just around the corner. I mean the last update made it sound like it wasn't 90 days away which is why I asked again.
esappy

Post by esappy »

ttocs wrote:PG has just been in a constant state of re-design on it and keeps saying its just around the corner. I mean the last update made it sound like it wasn't 90 days away which is why I asked again.
I don't know how reliable this is, but this store is acting like they have stock in store.

https://www.crazystereo.com/phoenix-gold-zen9.html

The page shows that it's "available in-store only", but there is no product description that I see so I don't know whether this confirms the Zen 9 is out in the wild or not. Anyone in Cali that can confirm this?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

interesting as it would be the first one out that I have heard of. Now lets just hope all those people that put money down so long ago still get what they were promised.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Was that one ever confirmed or seen? I am curious now with CES time if they will have a functional unit for the first time?
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

It’s CES 2018 and we still don’t have all of the Ti3 line out yet. I don’t understand why you would promote a product that wasn’t quite ready or in production. The Zen is included as well.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I just got word for sure that there was no zen again this year. I figured this year was the year. Glad I switched gears on that idea long ago.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

so I see on facebook someone that should be in the know is claiming the zen is out now.
keith2728

Post by keith2728 »

I don't see anything on there site about it yet. Curious though, Elite Amps are gone. Guess there discontinued?
Old guy who forgot how fun car audio was till my son got his first car and found my stash.....
current system:
Clarion 807
(2) Phoenix Gold Elite .5
Focal 165 AS3
focal 130 AS
(4) Kicker L7 10"
Bit one

Soon to come
8" midbass in kick pannels
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Elite amps were discontinued. Now the ti3 line is their top, and they are badass amps. If you like the styling of the zen9 then you’ll love the ti3.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

There was a picture on the PG FB page with a guy holding #1 zen9 amp.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ya saw that as well and been waiting for the poeple on here that ordered one to say something.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

ttocs wrote:ya saw that as well and been waiting for the poeple on here that ordered one to say something.
I have a feeling this will not be produced. Its been back and forth for so long that they just arent going to go for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

lilviper wrote:
ttocs wrote:ya saw that as well and been waiting for the poeple on here that ordered one to say something.
I have a feeling this will not be produced. Its been back and forth for so long that they just arent going to go for it.

Do you think they went through the trouble to make one?
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

ttocs wrote:
lilviper wrote:

Do you think they went through the trouble to make one?
Gotta have a test unit. Something to base and proof the design and cost estimates off of.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

they previously had made one case to show at sema years ago although it was different then this one.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I can assure you that PG didnt waste a ton of money on designing it just to NOT produce it.

i can say though that the ti3 looks similar, if just wait on the 6 channel to come out, and run that with a large mono. much easier to install 2 amps than one large one, but thats me.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea its not like pg would waste a bunch of money on one amp that never functioned COUGH MPH-6300 COUGH COUGH :)
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

ttocs wrote:yea its not like pg would waste a bunch of money on one amp that never functioned COUGH MPH-6300 COUGH COUGH :)
HAHAHA... It was just never finished is all.. hahahah.... Right?