The rarest of the rare

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
McFrosty

The rarest of the rare

Post by McFrosty »

So I don't own these anymore but I've always thought it was a cool picture.

An x-station and the two Offroads together in all their glory lol.

PS. Now that I'm old and nostalgic I want them back. Their is a reward for their safe return. PM me if you know their whereabouts.
Attachments
PG History.jpg
PG History.jpg (46.78 KiB) Viewed 12339 times
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: The rarest of the rare

Post by ttocs »

I believe the x-station and at least one of the off roads is with itchi but I would be surprised if it were not both. One crazy civic on here has been BEGGIN itchi to sell the x-station to use in his crazy civic install but I don't think itchi has ever considered letting it go.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
McFrosty

Post by McFrosty »

Hopefully he has them both. When I sold them they went as a pair to a buyer but I was told one of the power terminals was damaged during shipping. I'm guessing by this point they have been repaired and are kicking ass again.

Originally the fans and LEDs didn't work and I cracked them open to install LEDs and get the fans working. They were huge beasts that barely fit in my trunk but once they were working they had gobs of power.

The x-station was the coolest thing ever. I bought it from a guy who used to live in Portland. He told me he had a friend who stole it from PG as a prototype. I kinda suspected he was the one who stole it. I contacted PG about it asking about parts availability and it took quite a while to convince the people on the other end of the phone that I actually had an x-station in my hands and once they believed me they asked for it back and didn't really want to give up any parts haha. I offered to give it back for the same price I paid for it (not cheap) but they weren't interested in paying anything for it.

I kinda wondered if losing their prototype had anything to do with it never reaching production.

Back in the day.....

I now have the 4 Pro 12s and a several sets of Boston Z6s and a set of Boston Pro 6.53s in my home theater providing sound for my 11.1 setup with 180" projector screen. Still working great after many years.
Attachments
Boston Pro 12s.jpg
Boston Pro 12s.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 12308 times
PG Install.jpg
PG Install.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 12308 times
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

McFrosty

Post by McFrosty »

I saw that video with a different link and from what I remember I was able to get close too 900 watts out of each ti600.2 RMS before clipping when using a PG line driver. So around 1800RMS per Offroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

The second comment on that video from Matt Barnes says he got them from a VP at PG and then sold them to the current owner but I can say with confidence that there were at least two other owners before they go to where they are now. I bought from from a guy in Waterloo, Ontario and then sold them to the mentioned collector in New York.

Also I can say with some pride and some shame that I installed the red butt connectors you can see in the video for the LEDs lol.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

there is a facebook group that is a little more active and actually has larry frederick and some of the old pg staff on it. You/we might be able to hear more about the theft story on there if your curious.
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

I kinda know where these are ....
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

itchnertamatoa wrote:I kinda know where these are ....
lol in your closet? hahah

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

kinda ....
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

his "closet" stretches out across a couple of oceans from what I understand
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

whats an x station?

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

It was a prototype cross over that they were making. Not much more info has ever been available about it.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

ttocs wrote:It was a prototype cross over that they were making. Not much more info has ever been available about it.
no wonder i cant find anything on it.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

this post actually has more info about its history than anything I ever heard or saw. At one point there was a pic of it released, but then it just disappeared and now I guess we might know why.
onecrazy95civic

Post by onecrazy95civic »

What would I do to get my hands on the X-Station!!! One thing for sure I would installed it in the civic!!!
PHOENIX GOLD
1.Reactor x3 #109, #407 & #496
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
10.R-Link boxes x6 w/digital guages x12
11. Ti Distribution blocks (Power x4 & Ground x1)
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

onecrazy95civic wrote:What would I do to get my hands on the X-Station!!! One thing for sure I would installed it in the civic!!!
how is the rebuild going?
onecrazy95civic

ttocs wrote:
onecrazy95civic wrote:What would I do to get my hands on the X-Station!!! One thing for sure I would installed it in the civic!!!
Slowly but surely, a lot of new interior redesign and rewiring. Still hope to one day get my hand on the X-Station...will be posting pics soon...been a while...lol
PHOENIX GOLD
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

onecrazy95civic wrote:
ttocs wrote:
Slowly but surely, a lot of new interior redesign and rewiring. Still hope to one day get my hand on the X-Station...will be posting pics soon...been a while...lol
I was thinking it had been a while.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I had my hands on one x-station (I never owned it, just baby sat it) but it was just a case. I brought it to Steve Mantz to see if he could actually make a working board for it but he didn’t even want to see it when I told him the origins.

I wasn’t aware of an actual working one. I do think I’ve heard that there are at least 2 or 3 x stations floating around but not sure if any even have circuit boards. I want to say that the one I had in my possession had pots and switches glued to the case but it’s been a few years and I don’t recall the details anymore.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

vwdude wrote:I had my hands on one x-station (I never owned it, just baby sat it) but it was just a case. I brought it to Steve Mantz to see if he could actually make a working board for it but he didn’t even want to see it when I told him the origins.

I wasn’t aware of an actual working one. I do think I’ve heard that there are at least 2 or 3 x stations floating around but not sure if any even have circuit boards. I want to say that the one I had in my possession had pots and switches glued to the case but it’s been a few years and I don’t recall the details anymore.
This is kinda like schematics, why the secrecy? The company is gone, this info has to exist somewhere, lol. why not share it...

There has to be a project manager for the x station, and that person would know for sure how many were made. who designed and built the darned thing?

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have never known any company to hand out their schematics to anyone that wanted them no matter if they were still making the gear or not. Authorized repair places maybe but not to any tom, dick or harry that asked. Sure there was a project manager but at that time when the company was being sold and how long ago it was I don't think we will have much luck finding them.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

ttocs wrote:I have never known any company to hand out their schematics to anyone that wanted them no matter if they were still making the gear or not. Authorized repair places maybe but not to any tom, dick or harry that asked. Sure there was a project manager but at that time when the company was being sold and how long ago it was I don't think we will have much luck finding them.
thats the same arguement i keep running up against from this foum, but others...not so much. sansui, panasonic, alpine, kenwood etc..all have repositories of technical data. pg.. none..

onecrazy95civic

lilviper wrote:
ttocs wrote:I have never known any company to hand out their schematics to anyone that wanted them no matter if they were still making the gear or not. Authorized repair places maybe but not to any tom, dick or harry that asked. Sure there was a project manager but at that time when the company was being sold and how long ago it was I don't think we will have much luck finding them.
thats the same arguement i keep running up against from this foum, but others...not so much. sansui, panasonic, alpine, kenwood etc..all have repositories of technical data. pg.. none..

I'm trying hard to get my hands on the working one, been for the pass 2-3 years! And with the civic rebuilt it would be the perfect time to install it...just saying... ;)
PHOENIX GOLD
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
McFrosty

Post by McFrosty »

itchnertamatoa wrote:I kinda know where these are ....

Why you gotta tease a guy like that?

Gotta ask do you have all 3 or just the Offroads?
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

technically kinda all 5 ....