It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 15 of 15 [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:07 am 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

no big updates as I have been chasing a gremlin for a while now. I was having issues with it starting after it sat for a while where it would take 4-5 LONG cranks before it would fire. I thought the battery was a little small and the voltage dipping more then I liked so I installed a new battery and ran a new shorter power wire for the starter and it still did it. Finally I had a friend suggest it could be fuel pressure and air in the lines. To test this theory I upped the fuel priming time(time the pump runs prior to starting) to 7 secs and I will be damned it fired over in .44 secs according to the datalog and now has fired right up 3 times in a row. I celebrated yesterday by putting the wheels back on the ground and taking a short drive through my neighborhood. Good news is it starts now, gooder news is I took the time to bleed the brakes again while the wheels were up and it seems to have helped a lot as it stops much better now do. The steering still sucks as the alignment is way off but it should be good enough to limp it to the local shop to do that hopefully this week....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am 

ttocs wrote:
no big updates as I have been chasing a gremlin for a while now. I was having issues with it starting after it sat for a while where it would take 4-5 LONG cranks before it would fire. I thought the battery was a little small and the voltage dipping more then I liked so I installed a new battery and ran a new shorter power wire for the starter and it still did it. Finally I had a friend suggest it could be fuel pressure and air in the lines. To test this theory I upped the fuel priming time(time the pump runs prior to starting) to 7 secs and I will be damned it fired over in .44 secs according to the datalog and now has fired right up 3 times in a row. I celebrated yesterday by putting the wheels back on the ground and taking a short drive through my neighborhood. Good news is it starts now, gooder news is I took the time to bleed the brakes again while the wheels were up and it seems to have helped a lot as it stops much better now do. The steering still sucks as the alignment is way off but it should be good enough to limp it to the local shop to do that hopefully this week....
Mine does that too, theres no valve to keep pressure in the system so I have to prime it unitil I hear the pressure regulator make noise. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:47 am 

it seems a little strange as the gauges all showed that it still had 43 psi while cranking so I am not sure how it was able to do that with air in the line. I don't like feeling like I am in a diesel waiting for the glow plugs to heat up so I ordered a check valve that I think I can just slide in between my pump and post filter with out too much trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:39 pm 

ttocs wrote:
it seems a little strange as the gauges all showed that it still had 43 psi while cranking so I am not sure how it was able to do that with air in the line. I don't like feeling like I am in a diesel waiting for the glow plugs to heat up so I ordered a check valve that I think I can just slide in between my pump and post filter with out too much trouble.
That should fix it. Lol. I thought you installed the check valve in the return line. I could be wrong though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 pm 

I need to figure that out for sure because my thought was that with out the pump or anything else there that its no wonder the return drains back but the same guy that helped me figure out that is was a fuel problem said to put it after the pump.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:14 pm 

ttocs wrote:
I need to figure that out for sure because my thought was that with out the pump or anything else there that its no wonder the return drains back but the same guy that helped me figure out that is was a fuel problem said to put it after the pump.
Good to know. Hope the regulator doesnt bypass to zero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:57 pm 

I have started the polishing phase. Its both nice to finally start to see it shine and as soon as I remember how to post a pic that is not 3x the screen size I will post it.............. f'in imgur........

https://imgur.com/gallery/Tx2kR8S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 am 

ttocs wrote:
I have started the polishing phase. Its both nice to finally start to see it shine and as soon as I remember how to post a pic that is not 3x the screen size I will post it.............. f'in imgur........

https://imgur.com/gallery/Tx2kR8S
Nice!!

Page 15 of 15 [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15