50% increase in MPG for yer car.......

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

50% increase in MPG for yer car.......

Post by Rold Gold »

Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Seems too good to be true.
Greg Kitching
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Haha, they look like Bose, stating all these great things, but no scientific research to back it up. All they have are "Testimonials"
Boomshackalacka
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

It's easy to be pessimistic about these things, but it's also easy to gobble it all up based on nothing but their word.

Their website needs to get the fuck out of 1995.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

anybody gonna get a quote?
Last edited by gridracer on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Here is another thread that I was reading about this scam. It seems that the first stage of the program is $1500!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

For anybody thinking about trying something like this please contact me first. I have more than a few things to sell you. :wink:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Anyone tried or have opinions on Acetone as a additive?

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory: ... l_Additive
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Anyone tried or have opinions on Acetone as a additive?

IIRC it does get you better gas mileage, but it eats away your gaskets. :cry: :cry: In the end definitely not worth it. :evil:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Actually, I think it's the injector seals that swell. The gaskets themselves are reported to hold up well.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

mr tibbs wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Anyone tried or have opinions on Acetone as a additive?

IIRC it does get you better gas mileage, but it eats away your gaskets. :cry: :cry: In the end definitely not worth it. :evil:
No it doesnt, myth busted !

It was on mythbusters it actually made the milage go down.
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Reports are very mixed so far.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

lets face it man, these things are all a con.

There are few things people dream of.. being able to drive on the cheap, being thin, and being beautiful.

There will always be some asshole trying to capitalise on our misery...

Sad, but true tbh.

The fact is that gas is expensive, cars are expensive and will end up becoming the luxury item they really should be.

I've not even be able to drive mine recently, because since I stopped working I realised just how expensive it really is. That coupled with ludicrous costs of living and disgusting property prices and some asshole is always going to try and tempt us to save money..

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

ydnap wrote:lets face it man, these things are all a con.

There are few things people dream of.. being able to drive on the cheap, being thin, and being beautiful.

Sad, but true tbh.

The fact is that gas is expensive, cars are expensive and will end up becoming the luxury item they really should be.

I've not even be able to drive mine recently, because since I stopped working I realised just how expensive it really is. That coupled with ludicrous costs of living and disgusting property prices and some asshole is always going to try and tempt us to save money..
Yes, gas is expensive and driving is expensive but that doesn't mean there aren't better solutions out there.

You're right, most of these easy fixes are totally 100% bullshit snake oil, just another scammer scamming another idiot. Kinda like the bilge pumps, right? That doesn't discount real R&D and real innovation from happening, though.

I think there's a lot of room to grow in terms of vehicle efficiency but I don't think we'll see it in the form of an additive or minor modification to standard vehicles. Hybrids are already a huge step away from convention, and while they have their rather obvious trade offs and hidden costs ($$ and environmental) I think that kind of divergence is what is necessary to find a better solution.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
ydnap wrote:lets face it man, these things are all a con.

Sad, but true tbh.

Yes, gas is expensive and driving is expensive but that doesn't mean there aren't better solutions out there.

You're right, most of these easy fixes are totally 100% bullshit snake oil, just another scammer scamming another idiot. Kinda like the bilge pumps, right? That doesn't discount real R&D and real innovation from happening, though.

I think there's a lot of room to grow in terms of vehicle efficiency but I don't think we'll see it in the form of an additive or minor modification to standard vehicles. Hybrids are already a huge step away from convention, and while they have their rather obvious trade offs and hidden costs ($$ and environmental) I think that kind of divergence is what is necessary to find a better solution.
TBH I think that the government would get ahold of something like that if it worked.. I mean, there was the dude that ivented gas from corn, government jumped all over it.

Things like this (and smoking, and drinking) and anything theres any money in will always be stolen by the government, simply as it adds power to politics and a country.

Think of all the things that have claimed to improve gas milage.. None work.

The only thing that works is smaller cars, smaller engines and smaller egos. Something the USA will never 'get'.

Personally (and I dont mean this nasty) I feel that the gas prices should be like they are in the UK here (about $9 a gallon) then this place would have no choice.

Its not a fault of the car manufacturers either, faster turbo cars with small engines have been around for ages, but americans are utterly obsessed with SUVS and V8s.

I mean look at the new cars coming out. New dodge challenger, v8. New GTO, V8, new mustang. V8. FFS if anything there are more new V8s coming along than anything else !

If you want a car that does 60 miles to the gallon its really fucking easy, its called the 1 litre engine, or 1.1. Or even a 1.4TD.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

oh and I bought that pump to take it apart to see how it worked. I wanted to know exactly what the diffuser looked like..

And it was $28 shipped and I knew it wouldnt work :)

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Acetone causes rubber fuel parts to swell, so seals breakdown, and such, now if you use a little it will clean your injectors, if you use a lot it will melt some plastics permanently deforming them.

A few years ago a guy in AZ was using a solvent byproduct of gasoline mixed with water and a stabilizing agent. He was paying 40 cents a gallon for it and it ran like gas. But no one has heard from him since them... perhaps the gas companies did their thing on him.
The byproduct was Naptha mixed with water and ethanol it was white in color and opaque so it looked like milk almost, but it was running in his car.

Naptha is a less used byproduct of gasoline refining, and there commands a lessor price tag, Its not gas but it will burn.....
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

Every spike in gas prices brings out the snakeoil salesmen. I remember when putting magnets on your fuel line was the latest thing. :idea: Hey, we have LOTS of magnets around here, time to start a side business.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Bio-desiel is pretty cool. A friend of mine makes his own for next to nothing but the car isn't the pussy-magnet. But the damn thing gets like 50+ mpg. He works on it all the time though.

I like how they made the V8 that'll run on 4 cyl under normal driving. Maybe chevy can get an engine to turn 150K without issues like Honda and Toyota.

It should be illegal for 1 person to drive a bigass truck/suv all over the place. IMO it's a waste.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I drive a full sized 4x4, alone mostly, and I will agree with you. If I had another vehicle to get around in, I would dump it in an instant.

And a side note: It's a Chevy, 200k with no major repairs yet.
Boomshackalacka
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Never had to crack the block open? They must have built it in Japan.... :lol:

I've had 2 chevy's that were just over 100K start having major issues. 1 I got from my grandpa and the other I bought at a lot. Both had all the maint records from new. Must be my luck. :?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

My work truck is an '89 Chevy 3/4 ton pick up. I have had 2 transmissions, 3 rear ends, but have yet to replace the engine at 243K miles. I kinda wish it would go already, we're thinking about throwing in something special when it finally goes! :wink:
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Maybe a $10 million dollar prize can get us on the right track for a 100+ MPG car!

Linky
joyride

Post by joyride »

yeah, the Aptera looks to have good promise, as does illuminati. However, its gonna be hard to get people to start driving somtyhing that looks lke the aptera. Just look at what people thout of Colani's truck design.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

So what if everyone had a car that got about 5 times better gas mileage?
You know the oil companies would just jack up the cost of fuel 5 times to compensate for the better fuel economy.
Just look at deisel. 5 years ago when everyone was buying diesel trucks and turbo diesel cars because of fuel economy, the price of diesel was cheaper than premium gasoline!
Now look, average prices of diesel are almost a dollar more. Coincidence??? :roll:
OldSchoolFool

Post by OldSchoolFool »

you can get clean, new vegetable oil for way cheaper than diesel. Convert your diesel to run on anything. It can be done.

Here is a list of the top US sellers for 2007:
1. Ford F-Series 690,589
2. Chevrolet Silverado 618,257
3. Toyota Camry 473,108
4. Honda Accord 392,231
5. Toyota Corolla/Matrix 371,390
6. Dodge Ram 358,295
7. Honda Civic 331,095
8. Chevrolet Impala 311,128
9. Nissan Altima 284,762
10. Honda CR-V 219,160

More than half (of the cars listed- not sold) get over 30mpg.

There are plenty of options for people who want good mileage and do not want a Toyota Pious. Several of them start at under $15k. So what you see is the American Capitalist Market System working as it should. Obviously people are willing to trade gas cash for a usable, safe, and fast alternative to the tin cans we "should" be driving.

I DO NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT TO DECIDE FOR ME. Isn't there enough of that going on in UK/EU over every damn detail in people's lives? We don't need that here, thank you.