UFC 100 is it worth the hype????

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

UFC 100 is it worth the hype????

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Any fight fans out here salivating for this Saturday?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

not really..........tbh.... But I love the fights......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

The first 2 where the ones to watch. Mainly because the faggy rolling around crap was almost non existent! In the first two they stood there and beat the holy crap out of each other. That was awesome.... then by 3 or 4 they started rolling around the mat and I lost interest.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Definitely can't wait to watch! I rarely miss a PPV and this one has 3 awesome fights and usually undercards are surprises as well. I like Mir (probably not a sure thing), GSP, and Bisping to win their respective bouts. I'm gonna look up the undercard now.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I pick Lesner by KO/TKO ,GSP by KO/TKO and Henderson by KO/TKO
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I'm interested but nothing is really worth the hype anymore these days. Everything is promoted so ridiculously and it's absolutely not just UFC that I'm talking about.

I won't watch because I have plans on the 11th but I'm sure it will be a decent event.

I prefer Mir, GSP and Bisping over Lesnar, Alves and Henderson but that's just preference, I'm not calling the fights.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Mir by submission, GSP by total domination, and Henderson by TKO, I dont think Bisping is in the same class as Henderson, and hes a total prick. I would love to see the Mir-Lesnar fight go the full 5 rounds, I think Lesnars stamina is a big?. If Lesnar loses this fight, hes gonna look really bad. Maybe go back to the WWE :shock: :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
denim

Post by denim »

I would like to watch but can't pony up for the PPV. :(
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Between my buddies and I we just put in ten dollars or so to whos ever place were watching it at and were set 8) 8)
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

denim wrote:I would like to watch but can't pony up for the PPV. :(
Find a local pub/bar. Around here you can go to Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings and watch for free. There's even bars that charge 5 bucks and your in. This is gonna be a great PPV with 2 1/2 belts on the line.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Mir by submission, GSP by total domination, and Henderson by TKO, I dont think Bisping is in the same class as Henderson, and hes a total prick. I would love to see the Mir-Lesnar fight go the full 5 rounds, I think Lesnars stamina is a big?. If Lesnar loses this fight, hes gonna look really bad. Maybe go back to the WWE :shock: :lol:
If you question Lesners stamina you need to see the UFC all access show about him. His training workouts are incredible and his stamina is impressive and I would be surprised to see him get tired in a 5 round fight. One UFC all access show about Sean Sherk they said his training/workouts were the hardest in the UFC but then after the Lesner show there is no doubt he outworks Sherk.
I agree with you though on one thing Bisping is a total prick and is way overrated imho. I will probably pay for this PPV.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

lesnars all access is on in an hour :wink: Ill check it out 8)
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:lesnars all access is on in an hour :wink: Ill check it out 8)
So what do you think about his stamina now?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

there are plenty of sites that stream the fightes. I ain't payin for it but I am gonna watch it.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

gridracer wrote:
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:lesnars all access is on in an hour :wink: Ill check it out 8)
So what do you think about his stamina now?
WOW :shock: This guy is out too kick some serious ass. This should be a blood bath :twisted:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Awesome fights Hendersons KO punch to bispings jaw was epic and that extra punch for good measure was well deserved by that prick bisping.
Lesnar totally dominated Mir and Mir is lucky it got stopped when it did.
GSP also dominated alves for the whole 5 rounds I was 3 for 3 with my picks for winners too bad GSP didn't get the KO though I would have been perfect with my predictions.
I liked Lesnar as a fighter since he came in to UFC and every interview you saw him in he was calm respectfull and not ignorant or cocky at all last night I was really surprised by his comments and actions but I guess when everyone doubts you and tells you your championship was just luck and the guy your fighting has no respect for you and then after you prove you are the real deal things boil over and just get said on emotion.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

What a great 3 matches!!They think Bispings jaw is broken :twisted: I wanted GSP to win by ko, but he sure controlled that fight from start to finish,9 takedowns is alright by me. I thought Lesnars remarks and gestures at the end was hilarious, he sure shut up his critics including myself, with that fight. Its going to be interesting to see who is up next for Lesnar, I think hes going to hold the title for a while.
Theres also talk of a super fight for GSP, the name that keeps popping up is Silva.
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
denim

Post by denim »

I wish I could have seen it. Maybe I will find a stream.
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

I thought it was a good show. Loved seeing Bisping ko'ed, GSP was a dominant force, Lesner has improved even more. The Belcher-Akiyama fight was the best of the night though, what a battle.

I couldn't believe Lesner and the whole thing about Bud Light also. The rest of his comments I was like eh whatever, but when you go and rip on the company's biggest sponsor....not smart
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Hey sorry guys been gone for a while...took a break from the forums.
Anyway I am/was really interested in the Lesnar/Mir fight...I am a WWE fan...
So I was GLAD to see Lesnar beat the crap out of Mir.
I was sad he lost to Mir in their first match to begin with. The first match was brutal tooo....and Mir got lucky he caught that leg. If he didn't...I am not sure Mir would have survived much more than that in that first fight.

Anyway if you have torrent abilities, you can find the UFC all over.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Wakeup wrote:Hey sorry guys been gone for a while...took a break from the forums.
Anyway I am/was really interested in the Lesnar/Mir fight...I am a WWE fan...
So I was GLAD to see Lesnar beat the crap out of Mir.
I was sad he lost to Mir in their first match to begin with. The first match was brutal tooo....and Mir got lucky he caught that leg. If he didn't...I am not sure Mir would have survived much more than that in that first fight.

Anyway if you have torrent abilities, you can find the UFC all over.
Mir obviously can't stand up and strike with Brock, nor can he defend the G&P but Mir has sick submissions for a heavyweight. I don't think the previous win was only luck, it was also a display of great submission skill against a bigger, stronger opponent.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Maybe not luck as such but if brock didn't step over him to let him grab his leg that fight would have ended different. Luck in the sesne that Lesnar didn't have a real grasp of how quick and easy you can get submitted in a fight. I doubt he will let that ever happen to him again that easily
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

gridracer wrote:Maybe not luck as such but if brock didn't step over him to let him grab his leg that fight would have ended different. Luck in the sesne that Lesnar didn't have a real grasp of how quick and easy you can get submitted in a fight. I doubt he will let that ever happen to him again that easily
Ya that is more of what I meant..not luck. in a sense of luck.

Just as you say Mir seized an opportunity that save him the match is more or less what I meant to say.

Mir is a fantastic submission artist no doubt about it!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

absolutely he is
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

gridracer wrote:absolutely he is
But brute force compared to Brock....let alone most of the other fighters....they just can't hang with the brock....at the moment...I am sure that will change in time.
Anyway for sheer power....Brock has it hands down.