After a lllooonnnggg week, I'm back *UPDATE* 8-14-09

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
smgreen20

After a lllooonnnggg week, I'm back *UPDATE* 8-14-09

Post by smgreen20 »

My father-in-law died Wed. 8-5-09 at 5:41pm so I've been miles away from civilization. Farm lands of Ohio. He had prostate cancer and it spread the last few months to his liver and then everything started shutting down.

When did cancer take over the AIDS academic?

A friend (damn near a brother- the who got me into car audio) died on Sept. 20th 1999 from Acute Leukemia, in June 05 my grandfather died from lung cancer, followed by my grandmother the 2nd week of May this year, and now my Father-in-law.

All is good. It's over and time will heal the wounds, so it's time to move on as best as we can.
Last edited by smgreen20 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Forgot, as soon as I turned around after posting this, there it was staring at me, we did get to bring something home. My father-in-laws 6 month old Jack Russel named..... Jack. I call him Jackie as Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.

"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
bogart

Post by bogart »

Sorry bout your loss.....

the dog is pretty cute!!!!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

After my wife stayed behind to help her mom, I came home. Well on Wed the 12th I went to meet her half way to pick her up. The hell continues and gets worse from this point.

My phone took a crap, OK no real biggie.

I get 30 mins from home and a 17 yr old kid pulls out in front of me and I T-bone him. I figured he didn't see me so I let off of the gas in anticipation. So at impact MAYBE 10 mph. My left front to his front drivers side door. $2100 in damage to the front of my truck, bumper, bumper cover, head lights, side marker lights, bumper braces, new driver side fender, and a bend in the corner of the hood.

His Suburban's door is caved in and he had the window down and that shattered. His cost ??

OK, so I'm now home and the neighbor said that the copswere at my house looking for me and that I wasn't in trouble. I called the police and they sent an officer over.

The kicker, my dad died. He died in his room (a crappy run down hotel like room- that's how my dad lived, he didn't care) Probably Monday night, Tuesday morning. Mind you though, they didn't find him until Wed. After the coroner visit, she felt it was a stroke of some sort.

So my last 2 weeks have gone from bad to worse and in a hurry.

So there fore I wont be on much. My dad had nothing and I'm stuck struggling to fund his cremation. Cremation is the only option due ti his physical size and the swelling of laying in a room for 2 days.

Install:
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Good lord... very sorry for your loss. My father passed away suddenly as well. It is tough, but it will get better in time, but words I know don't help.
denim

Post by denim »

Wow, very sorry for the loss. But you did gain a furry friend.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Sorry buddy :(
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Condolences to your family... Chin up - you'll get through it buddy :)
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

Sorry to hear. My mother was diagnosed with an advance cancer this past May- she went to the hospital for a what thought a severe flu on Mother day. Her long term prognosis is not good, but I have been spending alot of time with her on weekends (My parent live 2 hours a away)
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

So sorry to hear this. I'm yet to lose a parent, but know my whole world will turn upside down when the eventuallity occurs.

Here's hoping things make a turn for the better soon.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

sorry to hear about your loss
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

dgoodhue wrote: (My parent live 2 hours a away)
My In-laws live 2 hr 20 min away. That's why I met 1/2 way the day my world went upside down.

I was prepared for it in a way. We went to the NHRA Nationals a few years ago and from the truck to the track was about 300 yards in all. We'd have to walk 150 feet, stop and rest, then walk another 150 stop and rest, then another 150 feet, all the way to the stands. I told myself and my wife that if my dad doesn't change his ways and start taking care of himself I give him 5 years, almost made it 3 years. This September would've been 3 years since then. So Mentally I feel I was ready.

Thanks for the support guys, All of yas.

Install:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

My condolences man. Sorry to hear that.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

This is the last pic I have of my dad. We're the Three amigos :lol:
That's me on the left- Mike Green, NHRA crew chief in the center-Mike Green, and my dad on the right- Mike Green

I just found this over the weekend. Thought I'd share it. It's now getting framed and put up in my bedroom.

Install:
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

3 posts up, when I was describing how we'd walk 150' then rest, this ^^ pic was taken that night.

Install: