PG news.............................

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

PG news.............................

Post by Rold Gold »

I have it from a great source and friend of mine, that PG will live on for sure afterall....Atleast in 2010.... :clap: :hurr: :metal: Sounds like AAMP of America is gonna take PG back to the top with some new gear and accessories designed by some ol' skool heads....... Throw some funding behind the name and produce the high quality goodies we all love. I'm also told that Jorge Fornos (by JF :wink: ) will be the westcoast regional sales manager. He's been my "guy" at PG for quite some time now and am happy to see that they decided to keep a 23 year vet around. If I've helped you theres a chance he's helped you if ya know what I'm sayin.

I told him that we'd all been talking about the things we've all liked about PG over the years and that AAMP should come to us with some things for the perspective of a consumer. There might even be a chance for us to demo gear.....slim but just maybe....... Anyhow, I thought I'd share the news I was gifted.............................
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

nice cool, keep us posted...
m
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Sweet.

Jorge definitely helped you hook me up with those RSdC124s...
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Great news :D

I'm sure the last thing any of us wanted to see was PG being whored out.

Hopefully with some funding and direction from AAMP things will turn for the better.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I´m really curious now if they throw something on the market that´s worth spending money again! A 15 inch cyclone would be nice! 8) Something like a 15th anniversary clone! :drool:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

A 15" clone....................... :shock:

The world isn't ready for a clone that big............. :twisted:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

and remeber they are making cars smaller not bigger....lol
a 15" clone would need like 5-6 cub sealed :shock:
that would be cool
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: item

Post by joerg »

kg1961 wrote:and remember they are making cars smaller not bigger....lol
a 15" clone would need like 5-6 cub sealed :shock:
that would be cool
I got my BMW station wagon for my install already! 8) I would take a 18" as well! :lol:

Or how about building the BOFAS? :wink: Or even try to get the vortex working! :shock:
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

you should be moving here for all there ideas that would be great
your wagon will full of amps before you get to the sub
2020 honda accord sport
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

kg1961 wrote:you should be moving here for all there ideas that would be great
your wagon will full of amps before you get to the sub
My install changed slightly since i agreed in a deal with Pedi!

I will have FAS#63, SOFAS #64 and SOFAS #65 in there! 2 Cyclones are enough as i had a chance to listen to them back home in austria the last weekend! :shock: Those blew my mind away with just one MS2125 on it! And a TI951 for the frontstage!

I´m pretty sure they won´t come up with the ideas they had back in the day again! I wish they would think a little like orion does with their HCCA revival! 8)
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

that still sound like a great setup
Im sure pedi will be happy to get some toys also
I just wish some company would go back to there routes
even RF came back with 25 to life amps
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Well, thats the reason I posted this. Jorge has informed the powers that be about our little world-wide family and I'm sure they'll be checking around here to get some input from us.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

i'll do the PC'ing ( :lol: )
not being 3K miles away though!

pics of shop (other thread) , just paid rent for two months this morning, got fridge to make bigger oven, and hypersmooth 02 (PC Gun) on it's way shipped yesterday!
Last edited by mhyde71 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

If they ever build the BOFAS i want number 66! :twisted:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Does anyone know if AAMP of America also acquired the Intellectual Property or just the brand (and physical assets, perhaps)?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

by "high quality" do you mean something nice like an M series or just what we have grown to accept with the newer "high quality" stuff...........

They have never come out and said that they will be whoring themselfs out and overproducing crap but............ I have grown to believe it when I see it.

"high quality" is about as good a term as "digital" when it comes to electronics........
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

kg1961 wrote: Im sure pedi will be happy to get some toys also
Don't I always enjoy new toys??? :wink:
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Sweet!

If bad news comes in 3's (and in the last 2 weeks I had my 3) does good news come in 3's?

This would be #2 if it does. :)

#1 was my schooling is paid for.

I'd like to see a, PG original, ZPA 4 ch amp.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I can't say what "high quality" actually means......... You'll have to keep in mind that if MS gear was made today, it would be pretty expensive and people aren't spending that kind of dough these days so the line might tank. My guess is that we'll see Xenon/RSd style guts with new cases. I like the Xenon amps myself. I was bent on them due to the first batch issues but now I love 'em Not having to worry about ohm load very much is a nice feature. In the end, all I want is a quality product at a fair price. Now who's to say what "fair" is I don't know. But I DO know I can't spend $399 on an M50 and $299 on an M25.
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

with soundstream and RF going back to the oldies
I really don't think
$399 on an M50 and $299 on an M25 is that far out of most $$$ for good amps.
shit I just spent $100 on oem 80's Gi Joe toys from a kid last week
and I don't want to know how much I spent on my NES and 115 games
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Don't get me wrong.............
I'd totally spend the money...............if I had it. These days, people aren't spending that kind of $$$ on a regular basis. The guys around here wouldn't have a problem because we have an understanding of what the $$$ is going twards...... Yer everyday customer that walks into a shop and looks at the wall only see's the price tag. For the name to live on, it has to be profitable and to do that we might have to "ramp" back up. I think we'll see another LE amp but only time will tell...........
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

I don't know about the le amps the last one has about 3 being sold on ebay for the last 6 month and they can't sell them
lets hope things turn around
I just spent that kinda money on a sub from Joerg and a focal amp but maybe in calgary we are not hit as hard as you guy in the us
I would be nice to see them asking people that love there products what to make
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

kg1961 wrote: I would be nice to see them asking people that love there products what to make
Again...........That's why I posted this. :wink:

I'm willing to spend whatever if I want it bad enough.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

I think there is a balance to be struck.

To be fair, I don't think your "average" Car Audio consumer in the 90s walked into a store and bought an MS2125, for instance. They were probably looking at the Sapphire, XS and QX, etc.

So perhaps maintaing the dual lines where there is some "high end" line that brings back "faith" in PG engineering excellence with trickle down of the good designs, albeit with cheaper parts and less features to the actually affordable lines. I say "faith" because from what I can tell, PG has almost always used tried and true audio circuit design, it's more about market impression.

I think the RSd wasn't enough "OOOOOH AAAAAAH" for the high end market. They are great amp, no doubt. But they just don't have the drool factor the MS and ZPA amps (for example) have among buyers.

I think it's been said several times before but put the guts of an RSd into a "Roadster-like" case with a couple additional features (X10 button the xover, etc.) and that would be a pretty decent "high end" amp without being ridiculously audiophile and out of reach.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:A 15" clone....................... :shock:

The world isn't ready for a clone that big............. :twisted:
Yes. Yes we are. :drool: :drool:
Boomshackalacka