SHOP PIC's - Catch up; NEW BIGGER OVEN AND MOVED FINALLY

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^ nah in fact he is off too.

He is not the brightest bulb on tree- BUT does decent work at blasting, BUT it would be best that i am there when he is blasting- HE may start back up a week before my arrival...BUT he has not done aluminum as of yet, and it reuires a different media that what we typically use.

MY GAME PLAN IS THIS

on way home from air port i will be grabbing the larger sand blaster, get back to shop and clean out the sand box in full and use new pressure pot with 120G glass bead to finish off itchys cousin, pedi's amp and then yours (all should only take about 1 hour hopefully) BUT have to use the high grade 120G glass bead for pedis specifically because he is getting his nickel plated... and need to have a smooth as possible blast finish on it for the nickel plating- BUT while it is like that and has the glass bead in there for his- I might as well just knock out yours and itchys just the same.
THEN i will remove all the glass bead to the best of my ability from sand box and blast pot, and return with the regular media to do the rest of the work i have to do/catch up on... think i will take a full week off from work even after returning from a month off here in china to catch up on all this work- As i not only have a bunch of i-net/forum work- BUT also a lot of local stuff to do as well that i had to put off building the sand box.

hoping to be on cruise control as soon as i get back- once i recover from jet lag of course.

yes yes yes
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

this here is kinda a post to share with folks what has been going on, and whats about to happen here, and nothing more than a courtesy to folks waiting on stuff from me...

1st off some may recall hearing or seeing about this cabinet i had come in...
it's one of those deals that when you get the customer to come into shop.. you wanna say yeah no sweat, we can have that done in just a couple weeks, no sweat, yadda yadda as you want the first local piece of work to officially come through the door. so this happened back in april... and since then it has been all up hill with fixing/replacing the motor on the air compressor, replacing an element on the oven, neighbors complaining about the dust and having to make a new blast booth etc etc and stuff just not working out for one reason or another...BUT this cabinet was promised to be returned back to customer before we leave for china, but that didnt pan out... BUT LOW AND BEHOLD w/o any further adieu- here she is!

now be mindful, that when this came into to me, it had no lighting, no conduit on back side for lighting (which as i just mentioned did not exist) nor the side glass windows....
i cut the sides out for windows, made frames for them with Lower case "h" channel, and of course powder coated the entire thing in separate pieces, down to the spindles/legs under the black base piece for adjusting the height to the frames for the glass...
whew what a friggen project!!!... and here is what the customer/client had to say when he came to give his rubber stamp of approval before delivery tomorrow:
"Thank you SO much for your hard work and creavity! I could not be more pleased or impressed!"

TBC
Attachments
MEDICAL CABINET 1 (Medium).jpg
MEDICAL CABINET 1 (Medium).jpg (40.46 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
MEDICAL CABINET 7 (Medium).jpg
MEDICAL CABINET 7 (Medium).jpg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
MEDICAL CABINET 5 (Medium).jpg
MEDICAL CABINET 5 (Medium).jpg (31.13 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
IMG_5636.jpg
IMG_5636.jpg (150.24 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
IMG_5639.jpg
IMG_5639.jpg (174.4 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
IMG_5629.jpg
IMG_5629.jpg (149.96 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
IMG_5632.jpg
IMG_5632.jpg (104.95 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
Last edited by mhyde71 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

NOW with all this said...

AND with this now out of my way- I CAN NOT EXPRESS HOS GOOD OF A FEELING THIS IS GONE!

plus i'll get paid for job...!

BUT wanna say that now i can focus more on car stuff...NOT to be taken in the wrong way- but i think it might of been more so of me being a little over zealous, thinking/feeling that i would have been able to knock this cabinet job out on the side, or quickly enough to not make waves through the internet/forum work that comes/came in... so sorry pedi, itchy, randy, and joerg- i know you guys have been waiting, while in same breath you all pretty much said do you and not to get/be pressed about getting your stuff done- BUT it has been some time now and just got way in over my head with work and thinking that i could knock them out with much more speed than what realistically happened....so any how...

while there are still a couple jobs in the shop that are local jobs, I truly will be able to work on a couple at same time and get cracking on amp/sink stuff now much better with this monster gone- so get ready to start seeing more stuff getting popped out from the Khameleons Shop with respect to forum requests/work etc.

thanks for your guys' understanding - i truly appreciate it!

m
matt
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

NOW also to catch those of you that are interested... up to speed...

get this- driving from gas station one day i see this big display case on side of road... just on the damn side of the road, and not in front of any property or anything- a spot that is locally known to us as a spot to drop stuff that is still possibly of interest to someone and left for free-

AND a nice set of rims done in silver vein... love it looks killer!

SO anywho- I got me a beautiful display cabinet that was once ATT cell phone display case...

also hung up some hanging racks for peoples work to cool down on, or once cooled away from trouble in the shop (out of the way)

GET THIS- so while i am shooting powder i always had to shake the hopper with the left arm/hand to keep powder fluidized / fluffy for even coating technique... so arm was getting very tired real quick, so i decided/thought it might be neat to get a paint shaker and simply place/hold the hopper of powder in the shaker and run it while shooting as it is shaking the powder up and keeping it nice and fluffy!

WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY - it works great! and was easy to incorporate a hanging bungee to keep feed tube from hanging out on the floor- which i never liked so much!

So now it is really coming together- people love the coated bottles i have/make for samples for people to review. They love holding and feeling the coating real nice and smooth on the bottles...

:hmm: maybe i should do some franked bottles- might be neat to set up next to a FAS or SOFAS that is on display...

any particular beer bottle one would like a color done in??
Attachments
IMG_5605.jpg
IMG_5605.jpg (130.71 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5606.jpg
IMG_5606.jpg (149.4 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5607.jpg
IMG_5607.jpg (142.5 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5588.jpg
IMG_5588.jpg (233.92 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5587.jpg
IMG_5587.jpg (222.8 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5586.jpg
IMG_5586.jpg (184.02 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5564.jpg
IMG_5564.jpg (161.17 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5567.jpg
IMG_5567.jpg (145.73 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
IMG_5566.jpg
IMG_5566.jpg (182.79 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

also want to share with folks the powder/storage room i built to keep powder cool/dry, and keep/store electronics securly... made sense to me to keep them also in temp controlled storage- so it all is in one room...

@ PEDI- and or anyone else that has suggestion perhaps..

I need to ship a couple of 2500 boards overseas...

I kinda thought i would use an existing non usable silkscreen frame i made while ago... and basically put on a top and bottom cover piece and secure boards down to base, with brass wood screws, and then sheet foam on top cover piece to help secure in place. the frame is exactly the very same height as the the caps and some other things stiff up/erect from the board, so with the foam in place i think i will be good, and with securing the boards down to base/bottom... i think it should be fine... it's pretty light wood, and the only reason i didnt want to do in the traditional corrugated box, is because there is really nothing to protect the boards from banging around and stuff in the customary box... or at least that and to find one long enough- has found to be a tall order- tried in last couple days... no luck!
SOOO I think so far heretofore, all boards that have come into me with out sinks have always been shipped in crate type deal similar to this here.. ... so hence my thoughts on this for doing it just the same as they have come in before- rihgt? why not? i think i am okay- BUT open to listen to or hear other ppls suggestion(s)...?

My intent is to secure board down to bottom cover piece, and also remove the long ass power terminal connector and wiring and lay that along side of the board to the right of it... and put cover on with the foam on the underside of top cover... ?
Attachments
IMG_5568.jpg
IMG_5568.jpg (174.8 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
IMG_5578.jpg
IMG_5578.jpg (179.22 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
IMG_5570.jpg
IMG_5570.jpg (173.84 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
IMG_5573.jpg
IMG_5573.jpg (173.31 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
IMG_5572.jpg
IMG_5572.jpg (162.26 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
IMG_5582.jpg
IMG_5582.jpg (181.37 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
IMG_5581.jpg
IMG_5581.jpg (174.63 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
gbody805

Post by gbody805 »

Just a suggestion for shipping.
If you take the terminals out to ship, wrap them each with something that will protect the screw tabs. If the slide even just alittle and touch each other. The tabs may best case crack worst case break.
Kenwood H/U
Elite 961
Elite 61
2X Xmax 15"
2X Ti elite 12D
2X Ti 600.2
Ti 1000.2
Ti 800.1
2X Ti1200.1
tonym

Post by tonym »

nice window shade Matt...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

gbody805 wrote:Just a suggestion for shipping.
If you take the terminals out to ship, wrap them each with something that will protect the screw tabs. If the slide even just alittle and touch each other. The tabs may best case crack worst case break.
yeah- figured i wrap a small piece of protective foam around the end of the terminals

m
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

pics of the company rig...

GOT two calls just this week from the singage on car... only one job tho- but it's working anyways!

hehe
Attachments
100_0262.a (Medium).JPG
100_0262.a (Medium).JPG (88.49 KiB) Viewed 8878 times
100_0263 (Medium).JPG
100_0263 (Medium).JPG (78.12 KiB) Viewed 8878 times
Last edited by mhyde71 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

You need to PC the rims something BRIGHT to draw attention to yer signs......... OR maybe the same green as the license plate..... And do the hitch aswell...... I know I notice things like that on the road.... Others will too.......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

hee hee, you are at Walmart!
money-b

Post by money-b »

yeah matt...do the whole trailer hitch....it's true folks do notice lil stuff like that...i know i do,and if you don't like your final product then it's just a hitch...you can always get another one.
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I would have to agree that you should do something powder related on the truck to show it off. Maybe some of that chrome powder with teh silver car would look good?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

geese i just now noticed all these posts after i posted the car pics up...

OKAY - well i have thought same thing...

1) i will be putting a team member vanity plate on to show off artwork possibilities.

2) i also have trailor- and thought i would coat all 6 wheels (two from trailor and 4 from car) all the same color and then paint trailer a matching silver - so it would be a nice perfect match between trailer and truck...but TBH i just havent found the time- i dont have time to go into back doors and clean out my voice coils as much as i would love to any day... but just havent had the time...

OR maybe something crazy and do each wheel a different color>?>??

one chrome, one gloss mirror black, one mirror red, one candy gold, etc etc---no? or just do them all in same.

IF you look up in thread pic's - you can see the silver vein i did on the trailers wheels... that was what i was thinking about doing for all the rims... all 6 rims in that silver vein. yay or nay>?

m
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I could see it being cool to have one side one color and the other side the other but all 4 different colors iduno.. It would be good to draw attention but would look a little stupid. :?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Meh. It's a demo car! Coat it up dude! Show off the cool finishes!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

just another friendly pic so you guys can see where this all goes down

i have the ENTIRE 2nd floor
aprx 2500sf

just sharing with you ladies!
Attachments
899_3680 (Medium).jpg
899_3680 (Medium).jpg (100.18 KiB) Viewed 8823 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

HEY GUYS- just a heads up to everyone....! :wink:

sadly, but gladly, I havent been on as of late -
Look! I have been fucking swamped in the shop... so busy it's getting scary! :oops:

I am now up to having a guy come in - last week 25 hours- and all he does is sit there and blast....

We got shit on this past couple weeks...
we took in 14 heating radiators for (house) from local contractor,
a tote of fire alarms boxes for the town (yahoo! work for the town!)
7.5' plow,
4' x 3' bird cage,
6' cabinet
brush bar off '90's Landrover discovery

that is just local work this past week! it's going banana's and getting scared... plus all the work from / for my family members that i have been behind with (so so sorry pedi)- i did finally get in that finer grade of blast media- but just havent had chance to clean out the box and do the media change over to the glass bead. BUT it is on the ready table and just needing to get Joe (part timer shop hand for blasting) to get done with the rediators... and i will have him vclean out the bopx and prepare the glass bead.
SO SO sorry pedi- i apologize profusely for the delay!
but we are moving forward like i mentioned in last PM to you!

Same with itchy- need to get that cousin franked and coated and move on... but trying to get things settled and working a little more stream-line with respect to getting work in and then out.. and i think having joe on for 20+ hours a week is really going to make things go quicker....
It's damn near impossible to do by myself, as ppl come in and start asking questions, wanting to see samples, etc etc and then the morning is gone with chatting with ppl in the showroom.

just wanted to cathch everyone up- i just wanted to say that and let you all know all is good- swamped with work locally and internet driven and it is getting to be really something in there-

i took more pics of shop today and the work that came in.. but left cam in shop - will share with you guys tomorrow

m
Last edited by mhyde71 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Is that why you didn't respond to my pm?
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

prolly- i think there are a few pm's i havent been able to respond to yet.

BUT i have that stuff for you... like we discussed on phone. I am holding it for you... just havent had the "bandwidth" to deal with it... i am fricken loaded down at work and need to get head above water.

got another helper coming in today for more blasting... so i am begining to see light at end of tunnel i think...!
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

No problem Matt.

I am looking forward to see the finished result...

Have you shipped those items of mine you talked about, BTW?
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

Pedi wrote:No problem Matt.

I am looking forward to see the finished result...

Have you shipped those items of mine you talked about, BTW?
i tried like hell Believe ir onot all this week to get a box that will fit those damn ti9's, and with everything else... ... so given i couldnt find good sized box, i went to where i used to work yesterday and got 3/4" hexacomb sheets and will erect my own box custom sized for the items, and will ship tomorrow.

matt
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Nice!
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

the pics that i promised in begining of week...

radiators are completed :hurr: :cheers:

NOW to swap out the media and get the glass bead in there for ivar's piece.

m
Attachments
100_0576 (Medium).JPG
100_0576 (Medium).JPG (57.91 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0575 (Medium).JPG
100_0575 (Medium).JPG (64.65 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0574 (Medium).JPG
100_0574 (Medium).JPG (60.67 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0553 (Medium).JPG
100_0553 (Medium).JPG (43.52 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0552 (Medium).JPG
100_0552 (Medium).JPG (61.58 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0551 (Medium).JPG
100_0551 (Medium).JPG (40.44 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0550 (Medium).JPG
100_0550 (Medium).JPG (48.04 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0549 (Medium).JPG
100_0549 (Medium).JPG (38.54 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0548 (Medium).JPG
100_0548 (Medium).JPG (62.23 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0547 (Medium).JPG
100_0547 (Medium).JPG (55.7 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0546 (Medium).JPG
100_0546 (Medium).JPG (54.48 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
100_0545 (Medium).JPG
100_0545 (Medium).JPG (53.13 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Coming together quite nice Matt! Seems like u finally make some dollar to get the bills paid :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS: Did u get the 68 bucks already?
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD