SHOP PIC's - Catch up; NEW BIGGER OVEN AND MOVED FINALLY

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Golden Phoenix Coatings sounds pretty good to me... much better than NPC, especially considering there's another shop nearby of the same name!
bogart

Post by bogart »

I think you should stray from swinging on pgs theme so directly...maybe something like

golden phoenix coatings ldt or something

The primal phoenix powderwerks!!!!

something besides phoenix gold.....
bogart

Post by bogart »

sorry tom....I guess I should read all of the post before I throw my two cents in.....I like the Golden Phoenix Powderworks.....

I've alway had a fancy to start a shop someday and go for Iniquity audiowerks or just Iniquity Audio....has a ring to it ehhh
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

you've seen the shots I made of Jörg's AX406, that was original.....

Bret
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

That looks great Matt! 8) :shock: 8) Can´t wait to get the stuff u´re doing for me 8)
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

yeah and maybe this way (like i said) it gives me a company color, and company logo, and company mascot...

right?
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

i think the design is too complex. I'd go for a stylized version of the same (these manga viewers will know what I mean) with fewer lines and more elegance.

Because the logo expresses what the company will do for you, no? F-Sec's new "swirly" logo goes with the "protecting the irreplaceable".

Think carefully about this, along with the colors. Red is flashy - are you aiming for the BLING crowd or who? Stay traditional with the fonts, logos and colors, go Manga, go flamed.... there are lots of options, some of which will appear to a larger crowd than others.
I've just spent the better part of two weeks making four portals look right. Logo, text, colors, interactions. Some of it's been trial and error, more has been to try and find the fixed colors, but there is a requirement for consistent messaging, whether in Email, the building, the business cards, logo, website.....

Bret
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

That amp color looks great.... I might have to get all my amps that color now... damn. It would be so unique out here my friends would be like WOAH WTF THATS SICK! I likey!
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^^^^^^^^ you mean that franked powder coat color/scheme?? ^^^^
Deathcloud?
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

AND @ BRETTI...

TBH I have no idea what your talking about,... but you had suspected that anyways. but curious to know and would like to have an understanding. maybe a sample of what you're referring to??

pls thx
matt
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

Yea my bad the color scheme that you have going. I think it looks great. Good flakes. I cant wait to see it in real life. Prolly looks really cool.
Kenwood Excelon x592
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

okies...

crash course in branding.

You have a target audience. Or maybe not.
Question 1: What are they looking for?
Question 2: Why should they come to you?
Question 3: How are you advertising this specialty?

Bearing in mind the style of work you want to do / can do / want to be known for, your logo and fonts should reflect that. Colors, too.

So, Assignment 1 would be to think seriously about attracting the customers you want with something that is interesting for them.
Think about different brands. You have Volvo, Ford, Audi, BMW: they all stand for different things. Check out their websites, fonts, colors: they're all chosen to support the image they want to have, whether it's "ultimate driving experience", "vorsprung durch technik" or safety first.
If you have a Manga-reading crowd, then anime-style is probably right. If it's the 'rodding crowd, then black, chrome, flames. Maybe some leather :D
With me so far? good.
Assignment two: think about the effect your colors and logo will have. For the 'rodding example, black with red sparkle on your own sign would be great for the fair. But the sign itself must also look good. You'll want two different versions: a complex one and a simpler one. The simple one you'll use for printing onto stuff (giveaways, showoff pieces), the complex one on the web.
Still with me?
You also need to think about the image your fonts will project (this is assignment three). Using Serif - old-fashioned - fonts for a young crowd will turn them off. You're presenting a package of a brand and image. It needs to convey professionalism and passion for the job with attractiveness for the target audience.
Personal opinion: keep it relatively simple, use colors that stand out (purple with gold flake?) and create a logo you can powdercoat or get cut and then coat, for your fairs and exhibitions. They need to remember who you are and its your logo and colour combination which will do it, not necessarily the name. The fairs and exhibitions are where you'll get a lot of "wow!" business.

Make sense?

Bret
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Hey matt how bout just.....Mr. Hydes Powder Coating...... Im sure allot of locals know who you are and its simple but catchy jus remember all u need is word of mouth and everyone that works with metal always needs powder coating so its not like ur appealing to a certain audience and all. Just guys that do fabricating or machining, or shade tree mech's or custom builders to mfg's no matter the age will always need powder coating and u can always abbrv it to HPC. I hope this helps somewhat..IMO
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^^^^ interesting ^^^^^^^^ interesting

need to think about that one...

or Jeckyle and Hyde's Powder Coating???

man it's driving me nuts... maybe i am giving too much thought into it. BUT i want a name that becomes familiar and easy to say or think of when thinking about this sort of thing for a prospective customer. Jekyll & Hyde's Is not so so difficult to forget...

I dunno. and the suggestions HH gave were also very much winners as well... but TBH the people around here wouldn't know half of what those words meant/mean.... this is the mtn's up here boyz...
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

naaa, leave it at hyde. And maybe play on the word with your logo? Use a plain alu heatsink and leave one section raw, the other Franked?

Bret
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

hey Matt
just saw your pics of my bits all I can say is :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

very nice
can's wait to see it in person
It will look great next to the MPS2240 and SOFAS158

now, need to get a FAS
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

Mr. Hyde's Powder Coating

sounds pretty good :)

you could go funky on the logo, too, because everyone knows who Dr. Jekyll is.......

Bret
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

And everyone in town knows who Mr. Hyde is. Also it says he does powder coating but also it says he can do custom powdering by the MR. HYDE name :twisted:

As I said its catchy enough to remember but simple enough to say what he does.

MR. HYDES POWDER COATING :metal:
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yeah I like it too. :mrgreen:
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

I kinda like it I like it like it... serious consideration... BUT wanted to run these by you guys as well...thought of these up this afternoon

1) Affordable Powder Coating
1a) Affordable Coatings
2) Cyclone Powder Coating (:metal:) what say you guys !?!??!
or maybe just
2a) Cyclone Coatings (:metal:)

Cyclone and maybe easier to make up a logo/trade mark? no>?<

OR Mr Hyde's Popwder
m
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Affordable can also be read as "cheap" by some people, it's all about target audience though. The economic crisis may not always be a huge factor so it may give the wrong message if things turn around.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

How about cyclone coatings...
nah, dont like?

Its liek stressing me i cant think of a good name.

Now we do have the West river near by... maybe west river coatings, or Connecticut Valley Coatings, - alot of stuff around here uses that (not a lot) but maybe a couple few, as we are in the Connecticut river valley in between the hills here.

??
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

Cyclone Performance Coatings

Kind of upscales with the "performance" thrown in there. And u could do a pretty cool logo with cyclone...

just a thought.
Kenwood Excelon x592
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^^ kinda what i was thinking... cyclone formation of powder or something coming from gun, or just a whirlwind of different colors as a cyclone...(tornado)...

know what I mean... like a tornado funnel in all different kinds of neat/powder colors coming from the word cyclone... or something
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

so here is an idea...
BUT i am searching for someone/an artist that could help me on making something like what you will see in the link up for the chameleon instead. http://www.clipartof.com/details/clipart/54089.html

BUT for starters, here is a try-out of my hand at at drafting something up.

lmkwygt

It needs work, like a more colorful logo/chameleon, hence the search for an artist that can make up on like in the link i provided...and my artwork deff needs some attention, but for just a couple of hours of tinkering around, and it's 1am so i have to go to bed.
Attachments
test-run-Khameleon (Small).jpg
test-run-Khameleon (Small).jpg (29.41 KiB) Viewed 7612 times