SHOP PIC's - Catch up; NEW BIGGER OVEN AND MOVED FINALLY

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

okay feeling a little better this evening....:)

Buttoned up WENGS 430

WHOLLY SHIZNITT I LOVE IT!

SWEET LOOKING AND BETTER SOUNDING!

Sry- only had cell with me- will take some with reg camera later on. Terrible quality pic's i know-

NOTICE ALLEN WRECH IN REFLECTION of one of them though
Really truly it is a mirror reflection off the sides of this piece of art
m
Attachments
IMAG0082 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0082 (Medium).jpg (63.18 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
IMAG0080 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0080 (Medium).jpg (70.48 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
IMAG0079 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0079 (Medium).jpg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
IMAG0073 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0073 (Medium).jpg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
IMAG0072 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0072 (Medium).jpg (62.33 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

very nice work Matt
keep up the good work
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Yeah, I agree Itchy...
Awesome work done here...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Kick ass Matt :clap:
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

hey thanks guys!
feeling a little better- just had a few bad days prior to this coming together so nicely...

Itchy- you're up next...
PM to be sent in short order

BUT for those of you following this thread...
My intentions with the 475... is this...

I will be taking black oxide 6-32's for the end-plate screws (normally polished chrome socket hex-head fasteners)- and when coating the sinks and stuff... I wont be doing a black on the screws/fasteners...BUT when it comes time to lay the clear w/ flake on the parts... i will also shoot the fasteners as well... Therefore the screws will also be franked.

I want to see how that will look... Once/if/hopefully i can find #6 black washers also and do the same so the hardware will also be franked- right along with the clamp bars, and the fasteners for the bars. NOT sure quite how well it will work out... Of course i have the regulars i could run in it... AND it may turn out that i decide (depending on how much trouble it is to shoot the small little screws and washers), but it might turn out that i stay with the regular run of polished chrome screws for plates and bars...BUT i want to have a look into that and see if possible and if so- then how it looks.

THINK i also have changed my mind about masking off the areas of where the devices rest. Think eric's input has me feeling a little differently about wanting to cover up those holes. If i cover up the holes, well how do i say this.. it would be clearly non OEM... not that i am trying for the OEM look, especially b/c there is no franked ms475 anyways and obviously it is a custom job...BUT i think the transition of having the exposed aluminum then coated aluminum, then not coated will produce more of a crappy look/feel to it. SO i think i will go ahead and mask the device rack/angle on the sides there, in full, and have it all the same consistent raw aluminum exposed/visible. You will defi be able to see those holes that got filled in...BUT there's nothing we/i can do about that- that I am aware of anyways...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

WELL GUYS!
figured i would throw this in here-

Looks like i am out looking for new shop space-
owner of where i am now is selling building, and has asked once that i think about packing up and leaving- he said it is too cluttered/dirty/and just too much shit in there- part of the problem is all the video games i have in there- There are like 18 old school pac-mans, centipedes, golf, stand up games. SO that does take up a bunch of space- they belong to frined/neighbor of mine and he helped with paying rent- BUT prospective buyers are not able to get clear picture/understanding of the building with all that shit in there- AND i understand

So off i go in about an hour to look at some different spaces.

i must admit that this place i am in now is a god send-
there is like 2000SF, and moved in paying 200/mth- months later bumped up to 250/mth, then 300/mth- now he wants 400 and all games out in order for me to stay- BUT whats the sense? The building is for sale and before i collect/get even more shit - i might as well move and get into place that will/can be permanent - looked at one place that once was a car audio installation shop - has 3 bays that are partioned off- and a back room- BUT no bathroom- BUT is right behind a sandwich shop (incidentally owned by a cute 19 YEAROLD) but not sure i wanna take it into the rest everytime i need to visit the restroom.
SO i am off to go look at some space in large old book press building

think he offered 1000sf for just over 400. Trouble is the exposure is next to nothing i want to be able to put sign up and shit- I mean maybe it is just another stepping stone - FUNNY THING is is that the space i am considering is where Turbo graphics used to be and they did silk-screening and sign & banner, and shirt making- SO if i am to seriously consider the possibility of doing SS'ing with the amp restore9s), then perhaps this place- BUT i need ventilation - here is a couple pic's - these were given to me by my friend that works down the other side of said building and he went in during his lunch and snapped a few i will go and be there in about 40 minutes to see for my self.

THIS REALLY SUX GUYS! just saying that it sux now, but might be the silver lining i needed- I love the space i am in now- it is not 5 min walk from home, i can smoke inside, I have gotten very comfortable there- BUT it is not a place that i would want to do ANY Silk-screening i dont think- unless i turned the office quarters into the SS'ing room- BUT there is still no bathroom, running water at the place i am at now- the floor is deplorable- but all that shit doesnt matter when you live 5 mi, by foot, away.

oh well here is shot of the space i am going to look at- there is more than what meets the eye's because there is supposedly a room back through that dark door way that would also be included -

I dunno- will need to think and look and consider options... MONEY plays a major role in this too- i just spent 3500.00 for three air fares to china and kinda tapped out right now- i mean that 3500 left a mark and i dont want to borrow from creditor... or credit card- or anything stupid like that- BUT just might have too- really really dont want to and but need to be mindfull of all options/advantages/disadvantages...
i am almost inclined to jst stay where i am now and thus agreeing to having rent increased to upwards of 450 for the space i am in now- BUT that wont negate the fact that the building is still for sale and could be asked to leave next week- so it's one of those deals... I just dont want to get caught in the middle-

BUT whatever guys- dont worry I will not drop the PC'ing stuff- I way way too much invested into it- and have work that needs to get done and shit- perhaps I stay in the space i am now until we get back from china- ahhh i dunno will think- BUT any ideas, help, suggestions, input, questions, are always appreciated.

mat
Attachments
P4090005 (Medium).JPG
P4090005 (Medium).JPG (66.54 KiB) Viewed 8408 times
P4090006 (Medium).JPG
P4090006 (Medium).JPG (41.02 KiB) Viewed 8408 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

well guys!
Things are starting to flow thru the shop here locally

got a cabinet for coating/re-finishing, and two rim jobs (yes rim jobs- love those when those find their way into the shop)

what do you think about this for company slogan:

1) "The Best Rim Job in Town"

2) "When we say rim job, we mean it"

3) "We give the best rim job"

i'm kinda just foolin' but would be nice/neat to have some slogan or saying to connect to the company- "Rim Job"(?) and intimating something sexual- i'm not so sure on- but it is fun to think of or come up with those...

more suggestions welcome- post'em up... :wink: :D

pics shown
16" spoked motobike rims silver base w/ matte clear- came out great!

stack of rim shown= 16" deepdish- looking for gloss black

5' cabinet- to be done in antique white- w/ semi-gloss black for trim

JOERG, DB, PEDI, and ITCHY all still have work to be coated (or stripped) as well.

so it's busy shop right now :thumbs:
Attachments
IMAGE_316.jpg
IMAGE_316.jpg (44.97 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_315.jpg
IMAGE_315.jpg (40.97 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_314.jpg
IMAGE_314.jpg (46.35 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_313.jpg
IMAGE_313.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_312.jpg
IMAGE_312.jpg (46.01 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_311.jpg
IMAGE_311.jpg (40.55 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_310.jpg
IMAGE_310.jpg (50.96 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_309.jpg
IMAGE_309.jpg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
IMAGE_308.jpg
IMAGE_308.jpg (92.89 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

well guys i'm in the water!

motor on air compressor dies yesterday!

(FACK FACK FACK)
I'm hit!

no air means no coating, no blasting, no cleaning- = i'm board!

will have new motor tomorrow morning though- just cant believe this crap-

get sand blaster finally working and then the motor on compressor shits the bed!

think i might get out of this SHIT-uation for likes of 250/300.00 or so- will know more tomorrow- BUT

this here is like first evening i have had in long time with my ass being at the house and feels weird i am not screwing 6-32's or sand blasting or trying to strip something - perhaps it's better/good for me to take break for an evening...BUT damn!
just got to get this work done in shop and w/no air- it can not get done!
just sux! but wish me luck tomorrow guys!

OH BTW
I am not going to start a new thread about this here as i have not done a controlled test, and looked into it any more than a 15 min tutorial i was shown personally ... and before getting all out of breath and stuff i want to do a couple sample runs...BUT BUT BUT BUT hey guess what guys!

THINK i may have discovered / found a way to get artwork back on the re-coated/re-finished amps! this will blow your mind if it works! and i did do one quick testy test yesterday and so far so good- BUT i need to make sure it will go through cure schedule just like the vinyl has been with out any trouble!

BUT as many colors as you would like- and what ever you can print from your ink jet or laser printer is what you can apply for artwork---more info once a controlled test run is completed... perhaps on one of itchys amps or db's pieces coming up shortly!

this really has potential though- just wait and see whence i get compressor up and running again i can run a sample through the oven and i will have more definitive info for you!

but think i am really really on to something here!
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

sucks about th ecompressor
BUT great news about the artwork
you know where I am if need be
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

itchnertamatoa wrote:sucks about th ecompressor
BUT great news about the artwork
you know where I am if need be
i do and thanks...
BUT you guys would fall over if i told you just how i fell into this...

BUT again, before we get all wet- I have to run it through the oven to make sure it will in deed work

right now- it works and artwork can go on - but there is the slight issue of how easily it can be removed - SO i need to take it a step further before getting all wet and see/make sure a clear coat can go over it

will let you guys be the first to know once i get chance - looking at hopefully tomorrow- BUT have morning off to go get motor for compressor, and then have to work in afternoon- SO it might be a day or so- we'll see though

m
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

finally some good news...
motor arrived to local build house...
gets re-wired for the counter clock-wise configuration tomorrow morn... and i p/u mid/late morning tomorrow!

WHEW! in time for weekend!
!!
!!
!
!!

!
!
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

wish u were closer so u could powder coat my motorcycle rims
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

dontlookatme wrote:wish u were closer so u could powder coat my motorcycle rims
just put'em in box (like computer/tube tv box
I have ups commercial acct so it's not so so bad

I just shipped a 16 akront rim to cali from vermont for 13$
so at most it'd might be 25 for a pair of them- polly not that much
take tire off save weight- ill get'em, coat'em, and ship back
JK

Post by JK »

itchnertamatoa wrote:very good looking Matt
keep up the good work

now it would all be a complete workshop if you could build MS sinks from scratch .....
:) its in the works
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^ yeah looking forward to that/this!!!

i want to coat them ALLLLLLLLLL
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

dontlookatme wrote:wish u were closer so u could powder coat my motorcycle rims
love your Avatar!!!
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

NEW MOTOR IS IN ( well has been since friday) but finally got pic's!

and some work i did this past weekend for local customer

that 5.5' medical cabinet

wanted windows on the sides so i cut those out- will make up some frames and coat the entire thing- every lil piece to his selected color of choice.
Attachments
IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3259.jpg (84.42 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
IMG_3260.jpg
IMG_3260.jpg (84.67 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3261.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
IMG_3265.jpg
IMG_3265.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
SANDBLASTED BARE METAL DRAWER
SANDBLASTED BARE METAL DRAWER
IMG_3268.jpg (79.94 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
IMG_3266.jpg
IMG_3266.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
IMG_3238 (Small).jpg
IMG_3238 (Small).jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
IMG_3236 (Small).jpg
IMG_3236 (Small).jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 8301 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

ALSO GUYS NEED INPUT

yeah or nay and if nay- what about it needs changing.....?

truck door magnetic signs... for the two trucks

pls thx

(PS dont worry about it being centered- it, for some strange reason, just shows up like that when converting to WEB viewing profile.)
Attachments
KKLLC MAG SIGN #2 (Small).jpg
KKLLC MAG SIGN #2 (Small).jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

it needs some kind of background to help pull everything together. Right now it just looks like a bunch of pics anyone could stick up there. Your biz is all about colors but there just doesn't seem like there are many on there.

Use a close up of the frank finish or one of the others that looks good and see if you can make it pop a little more
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

ttocs wrote:it needs some kind of background to help pull everything together. Right now it just looks like a bunch of pics anyone could stick up there. Your biz is all about colors but there just doesn't seem like there are many on there.

Use a close up of the frank finish or one of the others that looks good and see if you can make it pop a little more
I was thinking the same thing....the white background don't look good, or this century. :P

Do you want a card that people will throw away.....or a card that people will show off and say damn this shit looks cool. Maybe I should use this guy. :wink:
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

well the card is different- this is just going on side of truck
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

well the story is to catch folks that are interested up to date...
had some trouble with the neighbors a few weeks back and they were complaining about the plume of dust that came from the garage door bay when we would be sand blasting... SO i had to build a blasting booth of sorts to contain the dust...

what i did was I took the 1-ton refrigeration unit i bought last year and turned it into a blast booth instead of the originally planned gas fired oven...

Bought a dust collector (DC) from harbor freight and a cartridge filter up grade kit from Wynn Environmental. GET THIS guys the filter was 30+ bucks more than the whole dust collector system itself... whatever i guess....BUT the bag that came with the HF DC olny filters down to 5 microns... the upgraded filter kit filters down to .5 microns... so i am looking real good there fellas.

this whole ordeal has made me off line for the last 3 weeks and not able to blast and all that crap- so i am pumped that it is up and running and working out beautifully in fact- the booth (we call the "The Sand Box") works fabulous! NOW, not a lick of dust from blasting even is visible from neighbors and perhaps even more importantly it is clean air for us in the shop for coating work :clap:

here are some pic's of what i managed to come up with.
first i cut hole to accommodate the air conditioner (1 to help keep it cool in there- and 2 so it will help bring in fresh air to replace the air the DC is sucking out.) kinda smart if you ask me.
next hard wired a light on the side- didn't/couldn't have exposed wired dangling- So i just did it so the wire would run out to the outside direct from the back of the light housing- AND it pivots/tilts etc etc 300w bulb in there currently- need another on opposing side - but this works for now. next up i put up a shelf to lay parts to be done or already done off on the side, NEEDED a staging area to place target pieces on and in doing so i also included a rubber mat on staging area so metal parts wouldnt bang around on the benches that are inside from the wheel well cut outs. hosed in the air line for pressure pot, and brought in a bar stool for comfort.

works like a blast! <get it> ?

my buddy and i are kinda up in the air...

we wanted to use the name of "the sand box" for the blast booth... BUT i also like "the beach" also

what say you guys?!? for a name>?<
Attachments
IMG_3746.jpg
IMG_3746.jpg (95.64 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3744.jpg
IMG_3744.jpg (90.03 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3743.jpg
IMG_3743.jpg (90.48 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3741.jpg
IMG_3741.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3740.jpg
IMG_3740.jpg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3739.jpg
IMG_3739.jpg (89.49 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3738.jpg
IMG_3738.jpg (86.33 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
IMG_3737.jpg
IMG_3737.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

You can unlatch that door from the inside right?
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^^ well in fact the way it works is that i have a piece of aluminum bar that i stick in the latch that keeps the ball/spindle from being set in/behind the locking mechanism and it prevents it from latching on. (hard to explain- kinda) SO then with the latch being/getting prevented from latching - AND with dust collector (DC) ON, the suction is so strong from the DC (in fact 1550CFM) it keeps the door closed all by itself - in fact very well as i have to apply some good amount of pressure to push door open....

NOW in the event if i forget to place (jam) the latch open and end up closing the door (happened once so far and after a while of sitting there and contemplating on whether or not i wanted to pull out the air conditioner and not knowing how long it would be before someone came and found me stuck in there)- even with it latched it only takes a swift knee to pop door open. SO at least i/we have a "plan B" in the event one of us gets stuck inside...BUT hasnt happened yet- BUT again only a swift knee to the center o fthe door pops it right open and no collateral damage to any part of the latch

NOW, I was going to make a latch on the inside to be sure door is closed from the inside BUT have decided against doing that as the suction is strong enough to keep door closed and dont need it.

NOW with all that said, there have been times, just to see how/what would happen... where i have my buddy that helps me with the blasting - inside and blasting and i would go and open the door while he is doing so- AND believe it or not even with door open and while blasting NO sand or dust manages it's way out side / out the door- Due to the suction being so great that it doesnt really even make it past the pressure pot... IN FACT more sand exits the box from walking out from after blasting than having door open when you are blasting (of course with DC on)

It is a really sweet unit, as the air conditioner that is in there is/has the option of having/leaving/putting the vent open (as most AC's do) and then allowing fresh cool air in while blasting and DC suction out the old. I mean you would have to have some kind of ventilation (exchange of air) like that, as if you didn't you would not have the proper filtration taking place. You have to replace the removed air with new air, and the air conditioner does just that! AND it is nice cool air so you dont swelter up in there on hot days.

If i didn't have the AC in there doing that, i would have had to cut a hole/vent or something to allow fresh air in.

I have about $1300 in to it ($300 for refer unit, $400 for DC and upgrade cartridge/filter kit, $400 for the AC (but that was left over from when i had office anyways sitting doing nothing), $50 for the 10 gallon blasting pressure pot (but will get larger one (a 20 gallon for $109 from harbor freight) as soon as i am back from china), 60-$100 in sand, $100 for misc (boards, screws, light, handles, etc etc)- so about $1400 + time, all said and done).
SO since all the complaints from neighbors about the dust cloud at end of garage door i had to figure out something to appease them and respect their helth... It was either make the bathroom (which has no toilet, sink or running water) into a blast room or turn the refrigeration unit i had into a blasting booth. Obviously you can see which way i went, AND whats more is that in the event i had to re-locate or something - up it goes on to my trailer and i wheel it right away with me to new locale... the bathroom set-up would not be quite as versatile as that- so it was a no brainer for me- If i owned the building perhaps i would have gone the other way, BUT i think this works out well...B/C in theory not only being able to re-locate it along with me when/if i ever have to move, BUT also it allows me to offer (providing everything else is in order/available (i.e. 220v for Air compressor and/or a third parties air compressor)- i could offer on the site (on location) sand-blasting in a contained booth - but haven't really manged/figured that out in full, primary issue with that is my trailer will only hold the refer unit, and nothing else. BUT that'll be down the road and/but in the mean time - providing they can get the piece to me or fits on my trailer for myself to pick up, and it fits through a door way- I can sand blast it.

perhaps a little more info that you had intended for- but hey i am board right now.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

So is your employee working on my sink now? :lol: Just kidding! Enjoy your vacation my friend! 8)
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD