How much $ do you guys spend a week on average ?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

How much $ do you guys spend a week on average ?

Post by bdubs767 »

Im talking about all the non bill stuff like...

clothes, food, going out, gas, ect ect...
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Loaded question. Three kids to care for not much left for going out.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I don't have any kids, but together my wife and I average less than $100 a week.

Buy groceries every other week $50-$60 a time, so $25-$30 a week.

Out to eat once a week at most, $50 at a nice place, typically only $30.

My wife spends about $25 a week in gas for her car. Since I don't have a job I seldom drive my truck. When I did I was averaging about $50 a week in gas for the truck myself.

We only buy clothes around x-mas, and minimal at that. I don't know how that would average out, but it would be pretty low per week.

When I had a job, I could figure close to twice at $200 a week for the two of us. We would go out a bit more for dinner, and I would buy a CD or DVD most every week, sometimes more.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Ummm $300-400 or so. Yup I blow money like it's going out of style. Gotta enjoy being a yuppie dink while I can!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

im almost the same as Tom just a little higher :idiot: :whistle: I would say :shock:
this will be changing in June with the little one on its way
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

My wife and I spend around $50 - $100 per week. I really just depends if I buy PBR or good beer. Also depends on how much pot we smoke. :lol:
Boomshackalacka
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

I get paid monthly, which requires you to be a bit more active in your money management.. so we started withdrawing a sum of money at the beginning of each month, and dividing it up by the weeks in the month. Before this system, we used to spend several hundred dollars in the first week, and by the third week be down to nearly nothing in the account, so this evens out our cash flow alot. We've gotten used to the system, and in general $150/wk works well. It tends to leave a bit in the account at the end as well
I'm afraid of widths.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I guess it depends.

Sometimes I go out to eat with friends up to 3 or even 4 times a week but sometimes I don't go out to eat all week. Going to eat with friends is generally on the pricey side of things but abstaining from doing so when I don't have plans probably does an ok job of evening it out. We've been making more decent food at home lately than last year but we did start buying tastier and more expensive food for at home as well, I suppose.

I guesstimate somewhere approaching the bottom of Tom's range since we're including vices, food, normal clean fun and gas but not toys (since I'm not buying toys every week or every month). I don't really buy clothes very often and I absolutely abhor buying expensive clothes. I try to get all my clothes on sale or from the cheap ass places like Winners (like Ross for you Americans) when it doesn't matter (socks, boxers, etc.).

Filling up the truck costs about $60-$65 at today's gas prices and that lasts me two weeks of normal driving, less if I go on a couple trips or head out to Tom's place more than once that week so I guess my gas comes to around $40/week if I'm doing a few more things than work and back with it.

I'd say around $300, but it varies greatly. I have no consistency.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
joyride

Post by joyride »

I would say I do about $65 or so a week. I would say I spend about $35 or so in gas, and the rest on food. I have been saving money lately because of some large purchases, so excessive spending has been cut out. I just had to buy an engagement ring, and also some new Ref 2's for my front speakers.

I think I am going to stay on this budget, as I still have a lot of large purchases coming up (new amps, ect)
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

It kinda ranges for mysef aswell......
Now that I'm working less, I spend ALOT less on fun stuff. But I'd say an average of $200 per month.....

Yesterday alone cost me $150...................after a new alternator that is.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

WOW...

We use 300+ USD as a minimum basis each week, just for the food. Every else comes ofcourse on top of that. Many mouths to feed...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...