vectored graphics

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

vectored graphics

Post by ttocs »

I am about to buy a vinyl cutter for my airbrushing that I have been doing and picked one that I believe can do detail fine enough to make vinyl masks that could be used to paint the graphics on our amps after they are customized. I thought there was someone on here that had vectored a couple of pieces to have them silkscreened?
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Try Matt. I think he has some vectorised stuff.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
joyride

Post by joyride »

If you need something done, I can probably do it if Matt doesnt have it. Let me know.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

wait whats this? whats going on...?
I have some vector- what are we up to - whats happening?
Are you looking to do something specifically for your install/yourself, or looking to see about what we can do to get the artwork/text/labeling off the ground for the amp restorations...?

i have vector- or what i believe to be vector- BUT then when i send/sent it out to ppl asking for quotes and stuff for SS'ing, decal cutting, etc... they always write back and say "thats not vector"... Well i just dont get it- i do it in AI CS3 using pen tool, and save as a AI file or .odf, and how is it not vector??? when i zoom in real-real close it DOES NOT pixilate/distort, so it tells me or at least shows signs of being vector.

I'll send you a file or two of what I sent out before and you let me know if it is something you can use...?

I would like to have some stuff made up as samples to see if the vinyl decal/artwork could/can make it through the cure schedule in the oven.

BUT ultimately i think SS'ing is really going to be the only way to make/do artwork/graphics on these restored amps- i think the vinyl under clear coat also may be a possibility- BUT it is the smaller stuff (Speak L R, Power - +) that vinyl cutter will have trouble with- to small too much detail and wont be able to "gut" out the letter of something that small...

m
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I was hoping to start something that might help me make a little of the money I spent on this cutter back and help all of you out as well. What I was thinking is getting all the different types we would need(gain, freq, bass bost ect) and then make them into the patterns for the decals. I could just mail them to you and you can simply stick them on and hit them with a coat of paint or if I can find the right stuff even use yer powder if it can go that fine. Clearing over the entire thing would make it perminant and easy to take care of.
joyride

Post by joyride »

If you used the pen tool in Ilustrator and saved as an AI or PDF (editable) then it is vector. Im assuming you didnt rasterize it anyway. When you reload the image, is your linework still there? If it is, I'd call that print shop a bunch of morons. Did you bring in an image and embed it? Any outside image you bring in without live tracing will be raster.

I dont think there will be any problem getting you the vector work for the amp labels. All, I need is a straight on shot of each. The biggest problem wil be cutting that small of an image/letter. I dont know if you will be able to get them that little.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have not played with my cutter yet as it just shipped but I was looking at some of the work it can do and this occured to me. When I get it I will definitly find out if this can work.