micheal jackson

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

micheal jackson

Post by ttocs »

Been bummin around on the net but had the tv on and noticed mtv is actually playing full videos! I was amazed until I noticed it is a MJ marothon but thougt that the hell its is background music. Never really was a fan but after listening this morning I am suprised that I have enjoyed hearing and seeing some of his videos from back when.... I don't think I wil run out and buy a cd but it isn't as bad as I remember it being for some reason.

any fans on here or does everyone feel the same way I did before this morning?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Im a fan of his music. I think personally is his crazy, but his music was always good. Im not the type of fan that would pass out from getting a drop of sweat of his on my arm. Just enjoy the music.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

actually makes me feel a little bad as a year ago I would have changed the channel, but today for some reason my mind was open enough to enjoy it. It was also nice to see the whole video, forgot about the biggining of thriller and they also had MJ talking about each video and what happened, what it meant.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

When it came to music, he knew exactly what he was doing. Everything else, I think a few screws were loose.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

ttocs wrote:actually makes me feel a little bad as a year ago I would have changed the channel, but today for some reason my mind was open enough to enjoy it.
Knowing all the worlds children are safe once again can bring peace.....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

ttocs I am the same way I used to hate his music but I downloaded his full collection on a site in flac format and some of songs are pretty good and have really good sound when you dial it up.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

When I was a punkass skateboarding teen, I hated MJ. But I grew up and started to appreciate his music. Now, I like it but I'm not a "fan". I'll drop a random MJ track in the bump wagon every now and again.

My wife really likes MJ, though.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

what do you guys really think about the children thing? I think that the oddities of his life and lifestyle just opened up for something to be taken in the wrong way. I think he just paid the one family off to shut them up but i really do not think that he would have been doing shtuff like that in his own house. With his money he could have built a childrens brothel in secret in some 3rd world county to take care of needs like that if he wanted to.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Who knows, he had a theme park for kids in his back yard. That in its own calls out for some criticism. Maybe since his child hood wasn't very child like he wanted to be able to give kids the chance like he never had. Then again, maybe he really was as sick as he appeared to be. Regardless he made good music and is no longer here. The rest will remain unknown.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

off the wall and thriller- good albums... had'em both when i was whipper snapper. AND like fuzzy i think it was pointed out his music sounds pretty good in the bump wagon,

what's that one that joerg likes- Joerg turned me on that and now have it on my ipod

all i wanna say is that they dont really care about us!

or sutton like that
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

MJ rocked in his early years. I remember being in my neighbors basement and listening to the Beat It 45 all afternoon. Dave Chappelle said it best, "He made Thriller man, Thriller!". Then somehow he lost his mind. Who really knows what happened.

The amusement park, duh! If I had his money I would have my own amusement park too! However I would only allow hot bitches entrance to the park.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

would only allow hot NAKED bitches entrance to the park.

FIXED :fap: :twisted:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

I've always liked MJ.
I liked some of his music. And as a friend of mine (who is a DJ)...said MJ made him a ton of money.

I watched that MJ movie "This is it" that came out before he was going to do that big show...And man...MJ is amazing. My wife before watching it said man...he's washed up...do you even think he'd make it back? or that people would still want to hear him, I told her if they were going to spend this time to do this tour (or show or whatever it was)...he must be doing ok...at least enough to be able to do what he needed to practice and get the music up to par. Anyway I then saw and heard that his Performance was sold out...So his fans are still there.

Anyway I am not a HUGEEEE fan or anything...(like one said above...a drop of his sweat is not going to make me cry and keel over like a baby and gasp or anything...) But I respect him for his music. (not necessarily his lifestyles/issues/choices). For all the wrong things he may/may not have done, he did do a bunch of right things too...(not trying to say that those excuse him for what he may/may not have done....) Also realize what a ton of other artists/musicians/sports stars/actors/actresses/TEACHERS/MINISTERS/Preachers have done too. Part of the issue is that he was always in the lime light. Always watched and under the microscope. Again, not condoning any of the things he may/may not have done.
Just saying that due to being in the lime light, his life issues have been portrayed every which way...weather he did those things or not....or weather they were far stretched stories or not...
Look at OJ Simpson, brittney spears, lindsy lohan, and paris hilton....Grant it they are messing up their own lives and brittney did some stupid things with her kids (kids in her lap while driving and stuff w/ no seat belts or restraints).
Again, they are in the lime light. So everything seems much bigger and worse.
I'm sure if we look at our own lives or some of our close friends....that have had similar issues in their life....are we not any worse or any better than these people?

Anyway....back to MJ....If you get a chance to see the "this is it" documentary, he can still dance...he's got the moves, still has the skills.
Teaching/helping those around him...has the ear for it. It's just pretty cool to see how he is able to still DO IT...

And it is too bad that his life ended the way it did. (before his comeback).
Who knows what he would/could have done after "feeling it" and "doing it" and proving to himself and others that he still has it.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

oldschoolfan wrote:...Who really knows what happened...
It all stemmed from or bagan since that fire on head incident from filming of pepsi commercial... ever since then he had major issues...perhaps due to his upbringing...BUT as it was noted on numerous occasions- ever since the pepsi incident was when it all went down hill for him
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Michael Jackson was and always will be the King of Pop in my eyes! Even 20-25 years after his heyday he is undeniably one of the greatest performers of all time. There really is very little music from the Jackson 5 or MJ as a solo artist that I don't REALLY enjoy. I clearly remember my older brothers and sisters giving me a really hard time back in the eighties when I was rocking out to MJ!

What I can't stand is when people can't seem to separate the man from the music. Certainly his life experiences played a major role in the creation of his music, but I just find it ridiculous that lots of people can stop enjoying art they've always loved based on some poor judgment later on in the artist's life.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

dedlyjedly wrote:Michael Jackson was and always will be the King of Pop in my eyes! Even 20-25 years after his heyday he is undeniably one of the greatest performers of all time. There really is very little music from the Jackson 5 or MJ as a solo artist that I don't REALLY enjoy. I clearly remember my older brothers and sisters giving me a really hard time back in the eighties when I was rocking out to MJ!

What I can't stand is when people can't seem to separate the man from the music. Certainly his life experiences played a major role in the creation of his music, but I just find it ridiculous that lots of people can stop enjoying art they've always loved based on some poor judgment later on in the artist's life.
You had to mention this direction of thought, separating the man from the music. Dang it! This is where I now feel obliged to admit to everyone that I love Milli Vanilli. Really I do. I don't care that they did not actually sing it. Whoever did, hat's off. I liked the music, whoever made it. Ok, there is my deep dark secret.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^ just blame it on the rain
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

I love Milli Vanilli

Wow!!!!!!!! You have a HUGE set of balls just admitting that :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

admitting it is the first step in getting over the problem.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

There is no denying the wonderful bass that Milli Vanilli provided in their tracks.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Thriller is one of the songs I use to show off my car audio system since my first PG setup 16 years ago! That track is recorded so clear you can crank the volume and surprise the hell outta people! When the first set of horns come in at the begging of the song, it usualy makes people jump even more then the bass they just heard before that. This test will show you how good your mids/highs are. If you havn't tryed this yet it is a must!!! Thriller is intense if you like LOUD music...
tonym

Post by tonym »

yeddy wrote:Thriller is one of the songs I use to show off my car audio system since my first PG setup 16 years ago! That track is recorded so clear you can crank the volume and surprise the hell outta people! When the first set of horns come in at the begging of the song, it usualy makes people jump even more then the bass they just heard before that. This test will show you how good your mids/highs are. If you havn't tryed this yet it is a must!!! Thriller is intense if you like LOUD music...
This does POUND .....

so does this

Kaka Bhania - Nachna Onda Nei - Tigerstyle (M. Jackson Mixx).mp3
Attachments
Kaka Bhania - Nachna Onda Nei - Tigerstyle (M. Jackson Mixx).mp3
(5.74 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Check out this youtube Thriller Wedding party! there's many more like it...but is totally cool! My friend is a DJ and says that this has become quite popular, especially after MJ's Passing.

http://youtu.be/YT6InvLJUzA
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

^^^ Im sorry dude that is the gayest shit Ive ever seen :roll: but if youir wife is just as stupid and goes along with it, I guess stupid is as stupid does 8) thats just my .02
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

They aren't the only ones to do it....many many weddings taking place with the wedding party doing the Thriller thing.

And again it seems to be the popular thing...especially with the anniversary of MJ's passing....