Final Pics all done ready to sell---------------SOLD

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
kg1961
Got wood?

Final Pics all done ready to sell---------------SOLD

Post by kg1961 »

i are now going to reno the house
new counter top
fridge stove dishwasher washer dryer
toilet counter in the bath room with new sinks and fosets
than its flooing we are goingwith tigerwood as i and the wife love it

after all this is done
we will start the basement dry wal ing and making a kid play room

we bought to day samasung stainlees dishwasher,stover with flat burner convecion oven, stanless fridge with lower freezer
front loading washer and drirt top of the line with all the bells and whistles

i have never had granite can anyone tell the good the bad as our normal counter top has 2 small chips shitty builder grade

what have you used liked or disliked
Last edited by kg1961 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
tonym

Re: granite countertops

Post by tonym »

kg1961 wrote:i are now going to reno the house
new counter top
fridge stove dishwasher washer dryer
toilet counter in the bath room with new sinks and fosets
than its flooing we are goingwith tigerwood as i and the wife love it

after all this is done
we will start the basement dry wal ing and making a kid play room

we bought to day samasung stainlees dishwasher,stover with flat burner convecion oven, stanless fridge with lower freezer
front loading washer and drirt top of the line with all the bells and whistles

i have never had granite can anyone tell the good the bad as our normal counter top has 2 small chips shitty builder grade

what have you used liked or disliked
granite is full of carcinogen's that I know....
wooferdog

granite

Post by wooferdog »

Some of that also had high levels of radiation.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
Ya'll need to do yer homework before saying it'll kill ya...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been installing and selling granite for the last 15 years and can assure you that all the bullshit in the news about radiation and other garbage was "fabricated" by the manufacturers of the Corian, Silestone and the likes of that man-made solid surface. When that story hit the news we had every station around coming in with cameras and geiger counters. They took readings from EVERY slab in my building only to find the regular ol morton's table salt gave off more than any granite.

Mike-
I can assure you that granite as a solid surface is the best way to go. It can chip but is repairable and if not installed correctly, can crack. It's totally worth the investment in the long run as it's adds tons of value to your home.
PM me if you have any questions about material and I'll steer ya in the right direction.
Last edited by Rold Gold on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
wooferdog

sorry

Post by wooferdog »

i just remember something about it on tv.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Yeah,
It was a HUGE thing for about 3 days and then ..........nothing. I think it's been like 2-3 years now and we still have people asking about it. :lol: Likw said, it was a fabricated story to try to sell more man-made counter tops. The only way that granite can cause cancer is if you breath the dust for years on end.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
tonym

Post by tonym »

Rold Gold wrote:HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
Ya'll need to do yer homework before saying it'll kill ya...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been installing and selling granite for the last 15 years and can assure you that all the bullshit in the news about radiation and other garbage was "fabricated" by the manufacturers of the Corian, Silestone and the likes of that man-made solid surface. When that story hit the news we had every station around coming in with cameras and geiger counters. They took readings from EVERY slab in my building only to find the regular ol morton's table salt gave off more than any granite.

Mike-
I can assure you that granite as a solid surface is the best way to go. It can chip but is repairable and if not installed correctly, can crack. It's totally worth the investment in the long run as it's adds tons of value to your home.
PM me if you have any questions about material and I'll steer ya in the right direction.
I didnt say it would kill you.....
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

a little radiation doesn't do anything, I eat off of radio active plates. My dad is a retired radiation physacist that worked in the medical industry for 40+ yrs, infact still is. Back in the 60 a company came out with some plates called fiesta ware. They were simple little plate with pastel colors and it turned out they used uranium to make the orange glaze so they are lightly radioactive. It is a very low dose but when it got out everyone that had a set got rid of them in one way or another so they are rare today and he collects them. He was actually given a large set that the state had collected when people turned them in not sure what to do with them and the state was not sure either. They sat in a basement for 30 yrs until he mentioned them one day while talking to the right person who was put in charge of cleaning out the basement.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

I'm a cabinetmaker by trade and I will say that 60% of our benchtop sales are granite tops. That says alot to me personally.
-1998 Mazda 929 HC Series 1-
[b]Alpine[/b]- CDA-7998R/CHA-S634/
PXA-H700/MRV-1507 x 3/MRV-F407 x 3
[b]Phoenix Gold[/b]- Xmax 12 x 2/ZPM160 x 4
ZPM100 x 2/ZPT25 x 2/Bass CUBE/DD5
finbar

Post by finbar »

I made a masonite template and took it to the fabricator. I picked up the new granite counter top with sink, a week later. A couple of friends came by and we installed it in less than a 1/2 hour. We are very happy with it.
I also placed a heating mat in the mortar bed under the floor tiles. That has been a big hit.
Good luck with your remodel.

Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Kashmir white 2cm..... Nice tops......
finbar

Post by finbar »

Rold Gold wrote:Kashmir white 2cm..... Nice tops......
That's the stone.
JK

Post by JK »

Shit! Granite is the diamonds of counter tops. I have granite in every room in my house. In the kitchen we have butterfly green. Full back splash with waterfall edge. We went counter depth fridge and european range. We went with kitchen aid appliances. We extended out one side for small bar chairs. I built a dinner table to match with a fish tank in the wall. The table butts up to the fish tank. It has three sides to sit at. In the pool table room there is bar height granite all the wat around the pool table. The guest bathroom has just a wide sink top in granite, but my master bathroom has it in the shower,ledges,sink and the where the toilet is. In the TV room I resurfaced all the tables with granite and matched the window sills. Last in every other room all the sills have granite.

I think I'm the wrong person to ask. Na!

First. It's natural! The best thing is that it's easy to clean. I put hot pans on it and even cut on the granite as well. I have a couple chips in it, but when you play baseball in the house you can expect it. We have a hudge crack in front of the sink. Before they install it they cut a line and epoxy a pice of rod in the cut. Well where they did that it's cracked. I've never seen that happen before.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

thanks guy granite bought for the kitchen island and 2 upper baths
picked up undermount sinks for all 8)
and new faucets
now just have to wait for it to be made. my new washer/dryer fidge and stove showed up on thurday
im very happy
just have to start install the new toilet,and floor... as soon as they arrive from brazil we are going with the 31/4" braz. tigerwood low shine
not the golfer..lol
2020 honda accord sport
JK

Post by JK »

:clap: good move!!!!! :mrgreen: you will like it....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

watch out for the faucets as they can try to rape you there from time to time. My dad wanted to redo the master bath and had a contractor come it to look. He told him that he had the perfect hardware for the bathroom, only 895 for the sinks and to match the shower was only another $500.

Never did get it done.......
brawsky

Post by brawsky »

Interesting :) :)
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I will have my new granite counter tops in the kitchem island and 2 bath rooms. all under mount sinks. I have bought the faucets
so just waiting for them to install it drill the hole and than i can plum it all in

should be the week of the dec/15th
the floor is sitting at work ready to go also 31/4" tigerwood from brazil 8)
2020 honda accord sport
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: granite countertops updates

Post by kg1961 »

So in the last 2.5 month we have got our reno started=new granite kitchen and 2 bathrooms new fridge stove dishwasher(stainless) washer dryer microwave sinks and taps. We are getting close to the final items to be done
back splash on the kitchen and new hardwood floors (tigerwood)
I will post some pics soon just need to finish some items fist

thanks again to everyone I love the granite counter tops
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

funny with all the spam lately when I saw this post title I was confused on how they were scamming this....
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: granite countertops for my house

Post by kg1961 »

no I made this post about 4 month ago asking as I have always wanted it just have never owned it..lol
thats funny now that i think about it
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Totally worth the investment aren't they..............
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Rold Gold wrote:Totally worth the investment aren't they..............
yes every house from here on in will have it
im doing the floors next weekend than the back slash than its time to work on the cars
2020 honda accord sport
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Broken camera?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

no just have not started finished the back splash that all. I need to change the flooring also might start this weekend. just runing out of time and money need more sleep
I could take some pic of the 2 bathrooms they are almost done 100%
2020 honda accord sport