post a pic of your latest purchase

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: post a pic of your latest purchase

Post by joerg »

ttocs wrote:fosgate!? where is the golden turd when you want to heckle him?
That was Fosgates flagship back in 1997/98 with it´s matching Disc Changer. 8,5 Volts Preout and a you can draw 2 Amps from it´s main Remote wire. I also got the matching RCA wire named blue Riot.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

don't forget the optoinal powered output on the deck for turning on lights and other shtuff. Not a bad deck by any means but I never was big on the general look/style of them.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

ttocs wrote:don't forget the optoinal powered output on the deck for turning on lights and other shtuff. Not a bad deck by any means but I never was big on the general look/style of them.
Yeah! That´s a great thing too! Controlable from the IR-Remote 8) It looks cheap and for sure isn´t a deck that´s gonna get stolen these days. Most likely because nobody knows what it really is anymore. :lol: Guess i´m getting old.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I know about growing old. You know you are getting old when you can be taken down with something as simple as a glass of milk or piece of cheese, and you wake up injured from sleeping.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

Phoenix Gold ARC Welding Tester looks like it was never used.
Attachments
100_2571.JPG
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I saw that on the bay, neat piece although all thet did was cut down the speaker wires as they got used.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

there are no burn marks on it,you would think the powder coating would have marks in it from the sparks and heat.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

New bedroom tv...was time to upgrade the 19" TV/VCR combo :lol:
Taken with iPhone, low quality...

26" LG LED LCD TV
Sony SMP-N100 Streaming Media Player
Polaroid USB Powered Speakers :oops:
Hey, they were $20 and they sound way better than the LCD built-in speakers....plus they look cool (USB powered so they turn on and off with the TV). 8)
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

For the low low LOW price of .99 cents. Was listed as not working/for parts as he had no way to test it. I hooked it up to one of my HU's that control them and TaDa, it works. The case is a BIT rough, but I got the $600 (MSRP) piece for $12.00 after shipping. It's a good day.

Clarion DPH9100

Here's it next to the DPH9300 in a lot better condition.

"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Since i came back home today i had a few packages siting in my living room waiting for me to open them. One of them had the MS2250 in it i won on ebay. I must admit that i first was dissapointed by the condition of the shroud. ome parts are for spares put overall it looks like a tank hit it a few times. :( The seller said it is in rough so i got what´i paid for.

Then i opened the amp it´self and had a big smile face next second. The amp looks like new out of the box. Just a little dust in the hard to reach corners but nothing major. All i need to do is change the caps and getting the sink nickel plated. The next thing i´m after will be a nice shroud for it. 8)
DSC03979.JPG
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Almost new Power Core 15 I got today and the TIEQ 215ix I got last week.
Attachments
DSC00879.JPG
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

My twin torpedos :D

AKA "THE HATER"
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

is that the alpine piece?
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

ttocs wrote:is that the alpine piece?
Sort of. These are the raw drivers direct from Tymphany,the LAT700......Alpine created their own enclosure for them (bandpass :?) Which unfortunately didn't do the drivers justice.

I'm quite eager to play with these in a ported enclosure :D
AKA "THE HATER"
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Got a Clarion DRX8275L that was described as only the function and eject buttons worked. When the unit arrived the wiring was a rats nest. I cleaned it up and I'm sure the internal amps wires were shorting locking the unit from working right, but she works 100%. The face has a scratch and the #1 button sticks, so I bought another used face. All in all the HU cost me $6 and S&H was $15 = $21.00 total. The new face cost $17.77 total = $38.77 grand total.

Got a untested Clarion DPH7500z for $10.50 plus $6.50 S&H = $17.00 total.

Also got a Clarion HPD9100 for $.99 plus $7.00 S&H= $7.99 total.

A Clarion APA4320 amp, works intermittently, $50.00 shipped. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

I'll get some pics up soon, just been busy cleaning out the garage, work and etc...

I'm might be using the 8275/9100 combo in the wifes car.????
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Here are some pics

7770/920EQ

5632CD/5680CD

DRX9575Rz/DPH910

DRX9575Rz/DPH7500z

DRX9375R/DPH9300

DRX8275#R/DPH9100

All of which are on and work. The 5632CD display is bad, real hard to see, but it does work.

I have the APA4320 amp apart right now for repair, but will get pics up as soon as she's back together.

Install:
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Not quite a new purchase but i picked up the Nickel plated MS2250 sink today. Now i have the Sink ready, the Frontendplate i bought from mhyde71 and the Backendplate plated too awaiting it´s decal which i should be able to pick up tomorrow. I also picked up the decals for my back window from my new car. I can´t wait to get the license plates beginning of July! 8)
Attachments
DSC04036.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG (100.3 KiB) Viewed 11232 times
holmis

Post by holmis »

joerg wrote:Not quite a new purchase but i picked up the Nickel plated MS2250 sink today. Now i have the Sink ready, the Frontendplate i bought from mhyde71 and the Backendplate plated too awaiting it´s decal which i should be able to pick up tomorrow. I also picked up the decals for my back window from my new car. I can´t wait to get the license plates beginning of July! 8)

Damn joerg !! Thats awesome :clap: :clap:
Old School PG Fan/Collector & Jeep fanatic...
Madman in a nuclear mode!!
2x FAS, 3xReactor, MS275, MS2125, M25, M44, 2xMPS2240, ZX450, 3xZX350, 2xZX250, 8xPG Original Jacket, Box full of BassQube`s Xmax8,10,12, 2 sets of BostonAcoustics 6.5.3 + + +

My Buyer & Seller Ratings : http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15269
My CV Recone service: www.cerwinvega.multi2net.com
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

holmis wrote:
joerg wrote:Not quite a new purchase but i picked up the Nickel plated MS2250 sink today. Now i have the Sink ready, the Frontendplate i bought from mhyde71 and the Backendplate plated too awaiting it´s decal which i should be able to pick up tomorrow. I also picked up the decals for my back window from my new car. I can´t wait to get the license plates beginning of July! 8)

Thanks! The decal on the inside of the back window was a real pain in the ass to apply. I´s actually 3 decals. One for each colour. The only way the shop i brought the file u sent me was able to print it. :doh: It took me three tries to get it onto the window properly. I have 7 sets of decals left now.
holmis

Post by holmis »

joerg wrote:
holmis wrote:

Thanks! The decal on the inside of the back window was a real pain in the ass to apply. I´s actually 3 decals. One for each colour. The only way the shop i brought the file u sent me was able to print it. :doh: It took me three tries to get it onto the window properly. I have 7 sets of decals left now.
That should not be so hard to mount those.... Use Soapy water. That way you can apply the decal multiple times & correct it... :wink:
2x FAS, 3xReactor, MS275, MS2125, M25, M44, 2xMPS2240, ZX450, 3xZX350, 2xZX250, 8xPG Original Jacket, Box full of BassQube`s Xmax8,10,12, 2 sets of BostonAcoustics 6.5.3 + + +

Nils

Post by Nils »

My latest purchase brand new in box,I was the first person to take them out of the plastic :D

3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204
holmis

Post by holmis »

Nils wrote:My latest purchase brand new in box,I was the first person to take them out of the plastic :D
]

Nice Find !
Love the Boston Acoustics speakers & Subs...

Haakon

Post by Haakon »

Phoenix Gold and Boston Acoustics go hand in hand over here in Norway :)

For those of you from other parts of the world, the norwegian PG distributor and dealer in the 90s (they had several stores with proper demo rooms, selling directly to the end user) carried the brands Denon, Phoenix Gold, Boston Acoustics and Cerwin Vega. And with very loyal customers, almost every system with a Phoenix Gold amp or components othervise, had a mix of Denon, Boston and Cerwin Vega components in the rest of the system :)
Nils

Post by Nils »

Haakon wrote:Phoenix Gold and Boston Acoustics go hand in hand over here in Norway :)

For those of you from other parts of the world, the norwegian PG distributor and dealer in the 90s (they had several stores with proper demo rooms, selling directly to the end user) carried the brands Denon, Phoenix Gold, Boston Acoustics and Cerwin Vega. And with very loyal customers, almost every system with a Phoenix Gold amp or components othervise, had a mix of Denon, Boston and Cerwin Vega components in the rest of the system :)
And the guy who sold me those speakers is a good examle of that, he also have 2, Cerwin Vega Stroker 15" bnib (the good old one) and a Denon DCT1000R with cd changer bnib and a M100 and M44 bnib. Everything is up for sale also.
3x MPS2240
5x MPS2500
1x MS2250
1x MQ430 (white)
1x MQ430 (gray)
3x MS275 (white)
3x MS275 (gray)
ax406a
ax204
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Thanks to shaheen my EQ230 came in these days 8) 8) 8)
Attachments
DSC04066.JPG