post a pic of your latest purchase

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
shawn k

Re: post a pic of your latest purchase

Post by shawn k »

ludeboost98 wrote:I picked it up from a guy on DIYMA ... $400 , I thought it was a good deal . Got a TLD66 also for $100 , all shipped for 5

Cool man cool. The board and chassis looks clean!

If you're looking for more, let me know. 8)
AKA "THE HATER"
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Got this beauty today. Never seen one for sale and this one slipped by. Kind of glad it did. I contacted the seller after the auction ended and inquired about it and the 7100. Got both for a great price.

Clarion DSP-959E

Clarion DPH7100

"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I am sooooo gonna have some pics to post here shortly...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

ttocs wrote:I am sooooo gonna have some pics to post here shortly...
hookers and blow...jk :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I considered it but I didn't think you would be interested since the hookers were female this time. I know you only like the trannys so I was going to spare you the gory pussy-laden details. I know if she didn't have an adams apple that its just not your thing but if I am wrong let me know.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

ttocs wrote:I considered it but I didn't think you would be interested since the hookers were female this time. I know you only like the trannys so I was going to spare you the gory pussy-laden details. I know if she didn't have an adams apple that its just not your thing but if I am wrong let me know.
ummm, .... stop peepin through my windows!! :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Was looking at micrometers (0-6"). Looked at 6-piece sets until I came across this interchangeable anvil set.
http://www.industryrecycles.com/spi-06- ... 33357.html
$85.31 shipped in the USA.
Sells for around $200 everywhere else. Perfect for my needs and saves space in the tool box.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

this was my last purchase
it will be this art more underlays ect it a mame unit so there will be about 1000 arcade game on my unit custom made for me
also the art will not say ps3 on the bottom
it will have color matched buttom real art work there and art work around the monitor

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/mort ... 961834/#/1
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

What front end are you using? I use GameEx on my HTPC.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Thumper88 wrote:What front end are you using? I use GameEx on my HTPC.

sorry what do you mean? i bought a art kit plexi top bezel and joystick art
19monitor crt like the oem and speaker in oem area and a small sub
hdmi output so i can alway put it on my 120 projo...
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Got my batteries today! Was looking into stinger but as silly as it sounds, I wanted them to be blue not red.... Went with an 1800 for the system power and a 600 as a starter. The 600 looks really tiny but it says it will reliably start a v8 so I will see. The pac relay isolator/monitor was a little bigger then I expected but it is a 300 amp surg capacity. I have had the wire for a while now waiting for all this as well as the fuse blocks. Those two will go under the hood mounted to that plate where the battery use to be, they will also hide my HID ballasts and my siren.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Nice batteries! Kinetiks are very reliable and the smaller one will start the car for sure.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

man I hope but its liiiiitle....... I think I had large flashligh/lantern batteries for camping that were bigger.

I am going to try and design the trunk in a modular format so it can all be pulled out for servicing or track-days easily, including the big battery. That thing is supposed to be able to power my system for 20-30 mins at a moderate volume with out sweating as well. IF they live up to the hype it will be interesting.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

still installing the batteries, making the mounts for them and then I need to figure out the distrobution/ground blocks but its getting closer.

Never seen a hat like this, got it on ebay last week and was happy to be the only bid. Never worn and fits great on my head and with the amps.

The kahr CW9 I have had for a little over a month now and probably ran 150 rnds through it, hoping to go again today actually. Its my first gun purchase but something I have been considering for a while now. I have shot all kinds of rifles from muskets to m60's but this was my first time shooting a pistol. I need some kind of hobby now since I can't bike anymore and I have alot of friends that likes to shoot so its been a good time so far. Got my weapons permit so I can carry it, indiana is nice as the handgun permit means you can conceal it, carry it in a car or what ever as long as your not at a school, city building, bla bla bla.... I choose teh cw9 as the bottom half is poly so its light weight and only a little thicker then an inch. I also got a concealable holster but it was a jabbing me a bit so I sewn in a piece of fleece and its much better now.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

was surfing the bay bored and came across this last night. Vintage with the year matching my stang for onlt $30?! SOLD!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OU:US:1123
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

ttocs wrote:man I hope but its liiiiitle....... I think I had large flashligh/lantern batteries for camping that were bigger.

I am going to try and design the trunk in a modular format so it can all be pulled out for servicing or track-days easily, including the big battery. That thing is supposed to be able to power my system for 20-30 mins at a moderate volume with out sweating as well. IF they live up to the hype it will be interesting.
Motorcycle batteries are really popular for shaving weight in drag cars the past couple years which is what that appears to be based on size-wise. I'm not sure I'd spend $150 on one of these trays, but maybe it will be a starting point for you to fabricate something off of. One allen screw and its out.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

knee deep in making the brackets, just decided to take a break and let my mp3 batteries recharge. With pretty much every inch of the trunk taken up already I am trying to squeeze it in on the side up high, right under the trunk lid. Not sure it will fit there...
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

Is it one of those sealed get jobs that you can at least orient it however it will fit..so you aren't limited to mounting it right side up only?

I'm in the middle of making 6x9 baffles/adapters for my rear deck. Pretty sure I can feel my hair growing just in the back as I'm working on them, and have an overwhelming urge to listen to "Flirtin With Disaster" as soon as I'm finished.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

for speaker baffles I use tupperware either for the forms to fiberglass, or just deaden them and have had good luck with that as well.

Yea it can mount any way except upside down just trying to put 10 lbs in a 5 lb sack...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Not that It's a big deal,but I finally got a new phone. I loved the HTC aria I had. Served me well but my contract was up so I was able to get a new phone. As I don't see the need to spend $200 inns new phone I just Ho with what's on sale so I grabbed the HTC inspire. It's a big step up from the aria so its a good deal for me.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

smgreen20 wrote:Not that It's a big deal,but I finally got a new phone. I loved the HTC aria I had. Served me well but my contract was up so I was able to get a new phone. As I don't see the need to spend $200 inns new phone I just Ho with what's on sale so I grabbed the HTC inspire. It's a big step up from the aria so its a good deal for me.
yeh. I finally replaced my touch last month. I got a weird phone for the keyboard but its kind cool and plays any android game pretty well. It got horrible reviews but its a lot less buggy that a few of my mytouches have been.
SLICK

Post by SLICK »

ttocs wrote:Image

Some of that looks familiar .........
Our Rides :
2008 Ford EdGe Limited , Blazin Copper
2004 Ford SVT Lightning , Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L Eaton Supercharged . Powered By Memphis .
2003 Dodge Ram - Stock Stereo , Added Memphis sub and Amp
1997 Dodge Ram - Kenwood / Soundstream / Eclipse / Memphis / Rockford Fosgate / PG

My PG collection : For Sale.
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

Hope i didn't pay to much, i don't even know the msrp... :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390413040045?ss ... 1423.l2649
dry with match
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

wash with gasoline wrote:Hope i didn't pay to much, i don't even know the msrp... :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390413040045?ss ... 1423.l2649
woa, cool. Let us know how they sound.
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

This has been a very rare occurrence in the last 10 years or so, but I have actually gone and purchased a brand new amp straight from the dealer! :D

I treated myself to a Mosconi AS200.4 four channel amp to complement my Mosconi A-Class I bought earlier this winter. This is a 4x200W RMS amp, 1ohm stable, bridged it is 2x640W@4ohm, 2x950W@2ohm.

Will use this to run midbass and subs, while the A-class powers the fullrange drivers on the dash.

Looks like this:

The amps are from different series and have different finishes, so my plan is to make some custom artwork for them, maybe running from one amp to the next, to better tie them together designvise. I have made a vector graphic template of the amps mounted like they will be, now I have to come up with a nice design, to make my own custom "art series" amps :)