post a pic of your latest purchase

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Alfaholic

Re: post a pic of your latest purchase

Post by Alfaholic »

Hi i live in Norway, a few years ago a car stereo company here sold alot of ADS amplifiers i think the had 8 models and they sold them cheap under 100$ a piece.
I remeber i tried finding info about them back then but on the car stereo forums everybody said they were cheap and crappy amplifiers, are there a difference on the old ADS and the
newer series?.
I still find them on the norweigan auction site i think it was P models and PH, i almost bought a PH30.2 it was around 70$ NIB with 2 year guarantee.
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
Bipjip

Post by Bipjip »

I have had nothing but good amps from ads. I've owned a lot of power plates that pump out the power for mid and upper stages. Never used them for subs before.
JayGold

Post by JayGold »

Alfaholic wrote:Hi i live in Norway, a few years ago a car stereo company here sold alot of ADS amplifiers i think the had 8 models and they sold them cheap under 100$ a piece.
I remeber i tried finding info about them back then but on the car stereo forums everybody said they were cheap and crappy amplifiers, are there a difference on the old ADS and the
newer series?.
I still find them on the norweigan auction site i think it was P models and PH, i almost bought a PH30.2 it was around 70$ NIB with 2 year guarantee.
A/D/S/ has always been a bit ahead of time with the engineering of their amplifiers. They did have a plug and play x-over system on the early series, also included jumpers to be selected on their pcb's for configuration of different system designs. The later series such as the PH did evolve to have switch selectable x-over settings and actual pots for gains and frequency selection. The PH30.2 was a 6-channel amp 6x75w at 4ohms or 3x250w at 4 ohm could take an input up to 8V...so basically could power and control an entire system. They do tend to run hot if pushed due to no internal fans, but tend to shine when used for front stage duties.
14 PG amps from M/MS/ZX/Ti/LE and counting....the addiction continues...
Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

A/D/S/ has always been a bit ahead of time with the engineering of their amplifiers. They did have a plug and play x-over system on the early series, also included jumpers to be selected on their pcb's for configuration of different system designs. The later series such as the PH did evolve to have switch selectable x-over settings and actual pots for gains and frequency selection. The PH30.2 was a 6-channel amp 6x75w at 4ohms or 3x250w at 4 ohm could take an input up to 8V...so basically could power and control an entire system. They do tend to run hot if pushed due to no internal fans, but tend to shine when used for front stage duties.[/quote]

Thank you for the info i love learning about other brands, i think they got a bad reputation here because of the watt rating on the mono amplifiers many are listed 2000-3000watt with 3x20 ampere fuses.
zpa0.5(V210245)
zpa0.3(00618)
zx600ti x2
600titanium
zx400ti
sd500.4
XSC5 x2
pld1
sdt-ti
tba
bass cube
tld66
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

finally came out so nice! Worth the wait. Can't wait to see it mounted right on top/front of my motor next to the polished supercharger. I have a spot on the paint to fix before that can happen.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Ms-1k ta

I'm going to get the heatsink re-powdered and then I'll replace the plexi. Not sure what I'm going to do graphics wise, if I can replicate the logo or not.

A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I needed a super VHS cable for the status system. When I got sick Thursday after a small search I realized I could probably order a cable for less and have it waiting for when I got over this most recent chrones flare up. I got out yesterday and my plan worked it was there waiting. As I started to open it up my first thought was that they must have put it in an old tool kit/assortment box for shipping. When I got it out and flipped it over and took it out all I could think was "Really?". When I ordered it, it was one of those deals where it was originally $80 or something stupid, but now after mark downs and free shipping it was only $14. It is the best svhs cable I have ever seen, the barrels on the connectors float/spin freely.

vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Damn that looks like KimberKable type of quality. I guess svhs cables are obsolete now so they are practically giving them away.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

damnit man!!! trying to save money so I can pay my damn doctors and then they ALWAYS put the coolest stuff for the binge purchase just as you are walking out and you think you are done. I was actually on ebay looking for something I saw last night that someone today said they were looking for. Took 3 searches to find the post I was looking for, copy/pasted the address to it for him and as I am closing the page out in the "other people that bought this might like this".
I have been wanting some garage art for a little while and picked up 2 vintage alpine posters I and been looking for a pg cool banner to put up when I came across this.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... nzhRSaZyHw