post a pic of your latest purchase

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
LowandLoud

Re: post a pic of your latest purchase

Post by LowandLoud »

A Partial set (missing tweeters) of Boston Pro series 5.25"

Another PLD1 but with the old logo this time

A killer old display logo for my install :lol:

And a few things that Dvnt88 hooked me up with

Been a busy few weeks. In the midst of trying to get a ZX450 and a ZPA :wink:

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have a volcano on the way that I hope arrives today, as well as yesterday I dropped off a chin spoiler and a decklid spoiler for paint that I hope will be back by Friday, pics to come asap!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Where are you guys finding the old display logos? I have been looking high and low and haven't even seen one for sale.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

big or little?
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:big or little?
12" to 15" wide, or so...
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Kirghiz wrote:Where are you guys finding the old display logos? I have been looking high and low and haven't even seen one for sale.

It just so happens that the guy i bought that from has 2 more the same as mine (16"). 1 is a little rougher, the lettering at the bottom is worn. Other is mint. He also has a bigger one (maybe 24"?) Its all for sale, but he knows his stuff and wont give it away. Is anybody interested?

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

LowandLoud wrote:
Kirghiz wrote:Where are you guys finding the old display logos? I have been looking high and low and haven't even seen one for sale.

It just so happens that the guy i bought that from has 2 more the same as mine (16"). 1 is a little rougher, the lettering at the bottom is worn. Other is mint. He also has a bigger one (maybe 24"?) Its all for sale, but he knows his stuff and wont give it away. Is anybody interested?

LL
What's he wanting for the 16" that's mint?
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

He wanted $75. He took $70 because i bought a bunch of stuff off of him. Pretty pricey but i couldnt resist.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Been needing and planning to invest in some tools and a tool box as most of mine were sold off prior too moving back too the Midwest to save space in the move and because at the time doing anything like that was out of the question as sick as I had been. This week I cleaned up the garage and dug out all that was remaining and realized the small roll-around tool box I had was way too small. Went out and bought a craftsman top box with bearings and realized pretty quickly that it still was not enough room as I needed to get wrenches and sockets and some way to organize them all. Went out and bought a side-box to go next too it and then last night found sears was having a sale on a craftsman socket/wrench tool set. 309 pieces, ratcheting wrenches and almost every socket I would need for %50 off for only $199. Went down today and picked up a 40 lb box of metal and then went too harbor freight to get the organizing racks for he sockets and wrenches.(pics too come just got done putting them in the racks)

I have also been dreaming of getting a welder and learning too weld too add to my fabrication skills and decided I am ready to pull that trigger. I want too build the amp rack out of metal, aluminum ideally but I realize that is not right around the corner yet but I want that option and a welder I can grow into, not out of. After asking around to get opinions from some friends that weld a lot and setting a budget I went too look at a millermatic 211 today with the option for 110 or 230v. Got an idea of all the extra pieces I will need from masks/gloves too a tank/gas and now of course I wish I brought it back with me even though I would still need to learn to use it. Looking at local community colleges but they either offer nothing short of a certifiable welding course(18 months) or nothing at all. I have a lot of friends that do it so I think I will be pulling in some favors.... Pics to follow since that is the name of the post but I need to figure out how all that crap will fit now.... Excited to buy new tools for the first time in years kinda like Christmas.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Scott, if I still have it, you're welcome to my welders work book I had to use at ivy tech for my ''filler'' credits. What chapters we were assigned have the answers filled in. I'll have to check and see if I still have it.

If you can, use the 220, nothing less. It will open up your welder to a lot more possibilities. Any questions on getting started, just ask. I welded aluminum for 9 years, stainless for about 6 months and carbon for 3 years. Mostly MIG, some stick and very little TIG.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

might have too take you up on that book if you still have it. Will call the other community college to check Monday. I have a lot of friends that do it from a hobby level to professionally so I have people I can pull a favor from to get started but I am sure to get anything too in depth might be more then a favor. My brother knows how too do it a basic level and is coming back in town in the next couple of weeks so at the least it will be either some good bonding/learning time or bonding/beating time that brothers sometimes share.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Going to pick up the last few sockets/wrenches I need too complete it all
Got sockets?!
finally the new top/side box filled up. The side box doubles as a nice little work area at least big enough for the laptop and some random parts.

Ordered a welding table and cart from eastwood tonight. Will go Monday/tues and pick up the miller211.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

I found a cache of PG goodies on the weekend! Most still in the package with price tags! Still cant believe the guy was on my street!

600.2Ti

12" Titanium sub NIB

Another 600.2Ti for parts? In protect mode

QX series cap, meh

12' ZeroPoint 12g speaker cable

20' High Energy Powerflow cable 4g

8' High Energy Powerflow cable 4g

LPL44

VB100

ZBX215 Battery terminal

Pair of QRT4 screw type rings

Pair of ZRT50 compression rings

4g ground lug

And in an unrelated score, 2 packs of ZPB-01 Banana Plugs

It wont all work for my truck install, but luckily i am putting a car on the road right now :D It just inherited alot of kickass gear!

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I never get this lucky. I didn't even believe it when I saw everything in the box. I had to even remove a few of them from their black sleeves to make sure everything was right. $199 a set. LOL
DSC_0552.jpg
DSC_0553.jpg
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that was a good deal.

I found as good of a deal on these last week myself.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Man the new glasses are so damn nice. I keep thinking its an overcast day and am suprised to see is a sunny day. Colors are bright, depth/detail is 10x better...

aCan't post a pic today for some reason but I picked up a miller 211 welder and mask today. Can't wait to put it to use.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Not really a purchase so much as a trade. Got my matching DD5 today! So glad to have this thing. Thanks again Starunit10.
Sorry about the orientation, damn Canadian monitors, lol.

Has anyone else seen a white DD5? I haven't really been looking but have never seen another. It looks authentic so i am thinking factory special order. We put the black and white ones side by side and they were like photo negatives.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

That DD5 is different. All I've ever seen is black and silver.
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

I had a white one a while ago ...
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have seen a few but not many.

I bought a 98 mustang today! Before you get excited it has no motor/trans and pass door damage. Its going to be the donor-parts car to repair my front end. They are pulling the motor/tranny out and then will deliver it later this week.
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Stole this picture...but can't wait for FedEx on Wednesday :drool:

So damn sexy.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Wonder if thumper has ventured out of his man cave yet? Got some cooling goodies for the rebuild
PureDynamics

Post by PureDynamics »

I have a black DD5, never seen white.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

I had never seen a white one either so i started going through the "show me your stash" thread. I only found one, in SolacE's post from '08.
After speaking with Starunit10 about it, he believes it is the same one. I am not sure how many are out there. Either way, it works prefectly for what i want to do with it!

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

New goodies :D

Also picked up a 3rd one of these
Always looking for: