Divine Bottle of Water

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Divine Bottle of Water

Post by waynehead »

Ok yall, I dont contribute to the phorum much anymore as I've been super busy with work but I had to stop in and tell you guys about this shit. It has been below freezing for a good while here, and one of the houses I am running electricity in isnt insulated or anything yet, just a framed up house. I buy this bottles water from krogers all the time and three bottles got left on the job for a couple of weeks. I went out there last night to go over the job and see what else needs finished and I noticed the three bottles. Two of them were frozen solid, and should be. One of them isnt even iced over. Well some guys were there framing up a porch the day before so I thought maybe they thawed it out and it somehow didnt freeze last night, which is pretty much impossible because it was about 20 degrees. But anyway i opened it up and took a drink and it was yummy, as well as cold enough to hurt your teeth. I didnt think too much about it until I went back today and it was there unfrozen again, through another night of freezing temps. So as I worked today the bottled water was buried in the snow in an attempt to freeze it and 8 more hours in these conditions it is still not frozen. So now I have it in the freezer at my house and if it doesnt freeze in there im taking it somewhere. It doesnt look, smell, taste like anything but the best water ever. Can anyone explain this because Im about to start a search for answers and tests with whoever has the ability to test it for whatever. I drank almost half the bottle and am not sick. Maybe I have found some divine H2O? :shock:
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Divine Bottle of Water

Post by ttocs »

it would not suprise me at all if it were fucked up in some way either from the natural source all the way down to a dirty bottle that it was poured into. Maybe try freezing it out of the plastic but I might be curious enough to send in a sample. Isn't there kits at the drug store now?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

hmmmm I dont know. If there isnt OTC water testing kits there should be. I was going to take it into my old chemistry teacher to start. Maybe find its boiling point and what not. Maybe it isnt water at all....Maybe it is some Martian liquid lol. I actually found a video online of a guy who could chill water to 30 degrees without it freezing, then dropping something into it and causing it to freeze, but keep in mind in has been around 20 degrees here for a solid week and I wasnt trying not to agitate it to keep it from freezing I was drinking dat shit lol. Anyway I just checked it as it has been in the freezer at my house cranked up and it is actually starting to freeze alittle. I dunno....the mystery
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Is the viscosity as you would expect for cold water?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hmm simple chemistry actually, your water probly has no impurities for the water to crystalize onto causing it to freeze. so it will be below freezing temp but still liquid since there i nothing agitating thewater, try to put something inside the water like a thread and see if it starts to crystalize
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

brenzbmr@sb wrote:hmm simple chemistry actually, your water probly has no impurities for the water to crystalize onto causing it to freeze. so it will be below freezing temp but still liquid since there i nothing agitating thewater, try to put something inside the water like a thread and see if it starts to crystalize
Yeah that is the best explanation i can come up with, but as cold as it has been it still struck me as odd, especially since I had never had one do it before. I also thought that as soon as water below its freezing point would start to crystallize as soon as it was agitated. It definitely had me looking like this for a min tho :shock:
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Water with no impurities will still freeze, just the less impurities the clearer the ice will be. White ice in bottled water is the impurities showing up.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

well in an attempt to possibly become immortal i chugged the bottle last night. :)
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

fucking spammers
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

delorted
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...